Gerald Rivendare Player Report

CKEY:Howluinb

Your Discord:Howluinb31153#1759

Offender’s CKEY: No clue

LRP or MRP server: MRP

Offender’s In-Game Name: Gerald Rivendare

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 19/02/2021 (in france)

Round Number: 27183

Rules Broken: 5. Don't Self Antag / 9. No Powergaming

Incident Description:

Gerald Rivendare spent that round as a “hunting heretics” chaplain. Romerol happened to be used, and as such, he proceeded to hunt zombies. The big problem here, is that there were only very few zombies around. Most of them were quickly subdued, cuffed/on the floor, surrounded by several other people spamming weapons on them. Despite that, Gerald went and decapitated a SHITTON of zombies despite the lack of emergency, even cuffed zombies awaiting deconversion. He also decapitated a shitton of normal people he either saw being bitten/thought were bitten, so as to prevent them turning into zombies. Medbay had around 10 heads on the floor, and most of them didnt get cloned as far as I know, yet when told not to do such stuff, and that you could deconvert by removing tumors, he refused to stop decapitating.

Along with that, Gerald had a shitton of gear on him, including a double energy sword given to him by security. He proceeded to use that on a clown (me) whom he wronged by stealing his shit and who was trying to get it back (along with ignoring any complaint from me in LOOC because he was just doing his gimmick). Apparently, the captain authorized it, despite being against the rules. Sadly, I did not record the captain’s name.

I was in this round and personally witnessed captain giving the chaplain the double bladed energy sword and preventing me as security from confiscating it, saying it was his “reward”.

As much as I like enforcing space law, having to deal with idiotic captains and the inevitable loyalty cascade that follows was something I did not want to do that round due to zombies so I ignored it.

Not sure if that can be counted as powergaming. Zombies are inherently antag and captain (highest order of command) gave the dude seemingly the OK to hunt down zombies?

If anything that is the real issue, but even then that is kind of captains fault if he authorized it.

But what do I know, I get bwoinked already for growing plants in botany for their trait, so my understanding of powergaming might be severely different from what the admins think it means.

That would definitely be powergaming - brig procedure #7 :

Confiscate any contraband and/or stolen items, as well as any tools that may be used for future crimes.
These are to be placed in evidence, not left on the brig floor or your personal use , until they can be returned to their rightful owners.

The blame are both on chaplain for keeping it and using it willy nilly - and the cap for even authorizing it in the first place. we’re not talking giving someone syndie smokes or a disabler, we’re talking about giving someone a goddamn DOUBLE ESWORD for killing a traitor - what if it was IAA ?

Zombie wise - everyone on the discord pretty much agreed that was powergaming and self antagging - nowhere does it say zombies are “valid” on sight - and in the situation we were in, ie not more than 3 zombies at once which were all subdued really quickly and easily convertable/cuffable - he proceeded to just instantly decapitate them.

The worst part is that he decapitated several people who had only been bitten/thought were bitten - On the off chance they’d turn into zombies, stating “we can just clone them after.”

In another context, this is like killing all suspected cuffed cultists on the spot before red eyes even show up, with a chaplain in the brig and holy water at the ready.

The stealing the clown’s shit was really fucking annoying and literally ruined my fun gimmick solely because he wanted to be a dick - but that’s literally the most minor offence on this list.

" Romerol Zombies

Romerol zombies are counted as crew members, but killing them is not harmful as they are already dead."

Romerol zombies are valid. Even for AI. Killing infected crewmembers is a no go yeah, but trying to act like god damn zombies are not valid is a little bit much, don’t you think ?

Its permitted to shoot revs on sight as a sec officer because they might cause harm. Would you shoot a cuffed rev in the head - then remove their head, thus removing all chances of revival except for cloning - while in brig despite having access to mindshields?
Here, the same applies - would you decapitate a cuffed zombie while in medbay and having access to tons of docs on the go ready to do the surgery (and who already did several) ?

It wouldn’t be bad at all if this was a highly tense situation. But he was decapitating left and right while there were max 3 zombies at once, along with one friendly zombie, come on.

he was even taking dead zombies (not sure if they were soulless or not) to chapel so as to burn husk them, then decapitate them in the guillotine he made. Thats way too overzealous in hunting the antag and shows there was literally no urgency

In this situation, literally everyone involved got hurt - medbay had to produce a shitton of synthflesh to supply the cloning pods, and was not able to revive most people killed, and the people he decapitated were removed out of the round for an extremely long period of time - except for him because he got to kill the antage with no consequences as most of sec and the cap were behind his ass to protect his every move

No matter how you view it, this is shitty as fuck.

bump, 11 days and still no info on this. Will this be handled?

1 Like

Eventually :tm:

Report resolved