Gatling Mute Appeal

Discord ID: Gatling#0079

Admin Discord ID: TheButcher#3196

Ban Type: Mute

Ban Length: Fuck knows, wish it had a length

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 10/8/2022

Ban Reason: “You’ve been given an insane amount of second chances but still seem to not have learnt your lesson. You have multiple pages of old warnings etc.”

Appeal Reason: I don’t get the lesson I was meant to learn through all of this. I cut down on my shit after I got warned for the spam, I stopped spammin commands after I got warned for that, I don’t get the most recent warn since nobody else saw it as “sexist”, and I don’t get how all the “old warnings” have to do with this.

Additional Information: I’m sorry if this comes as a bit salty, because I fuckin am, but a mute on the second warn? For a “lesson” that I was meant to “learn”? It comes off as bullshit to me, and I think it’s bullshit. As is.

3 Likes

I issued the warn for your meme, but the actual mute was issued by @FreshMeatLover. Assigned them accordingly.

To be fair, I deleted it before anyone else could react to it. But, even without that, just because people aren’t actively being vocal about it doesn’t mean nobody found it offensive.

1 Like

I mean, Vince and Ether saw it.

I can confirm, I saw it and I do not see how it was sexist.

9 Likes

Your opinion was not requested. The warn remains and is not being contested here.

2 Likes

My previous message was deleted so i may as well rephrase what i meant since it was peanut (and it didnt contribute much since it was vague). So basically gatling, a woman, is being accused of being sexist against women. I hope this doesn’t count as peanut posting but that just doesnt make sense. I was sent the meme and its literally just a picture of an anime girl wearing a hat saying “please be patient i am a woman”

2 Likes

Would it be fair for the message to be put here for it to be judged weither or not it was in fact sexist or not?

2 Likes

First of all, your oppinions are irrelevant. Dont post in Appeals unless you have actual new information to contribute.
Secondly, while i’d agree its pretty harmless, if you dont see how “please be patient i am a woman” is sexist, you have issues man.

1 Like

I was moreso referring to gat also being a woman and posting it.

Also irrrelevant.

1 Like

I’d also like to add here, that this appeal is for the mute I applied. And not for the warn that crossed applied. My mute was based on crosseds warn though.

You’ve had a ton of second chances in regards to discord warnings and you were on a bit of a thin ice after your recent unmutes. The warn you received today was my decision based on the fact that you’ve received a ton of warnings already and that this is supposed to be a timeout until you’re able to actually follow our discord rules. There’s been people that have been here active for years and never have received a single warn. It’s definitely possible.

I don’t see myself lifting the mute really. But obviously this mute is based on crosseds warning, taking it as a final straw type of thing. If crosseds mute gets appealed and lifted (eg proven to not be worth a warn) then I will happily lift this mute, considering it isn’t a final straw then.

That is why most of the comments on this appeal are irrelevant. It doesn’t matter if crosseds warn in regards to the sexist stuff was justified or not. Because that is not what is being appealed here.

What is being appealed here is my mute. But if you wish to appeal crosseds warn then that has to be done in a seperate appeal. I see myself lifting this mute after a while has passed, or crosseds warn gets successfully appealed. Otherwise not. I hope that clears up the confusion.

6 Likes

That makes a lot more sense. Sorry for the peanut posting.

2 Likes

Two weeks have passed, I’m less livid, and I’m curious if there’s an exact period now.

2 Likes

I’d argue atleast a couple months. That’s generally what we go for with these type of bans. Will be closing this for now.