CKEY: gamesworth

Admin’s CKEY: rukofamicom

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: MRP

Which server did the ban happen on? MRP

Ban Type: Job

Ban Length: Forever

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 2020-11-19 12:11

Round ID: 24139

Ban Reason: “MRP appearance ban. Insists that Richard Dick Dickonson is his real name and is an appropriate name for MRP.”

Appeal Reason: Wasnt given a single warning of a Ban, was only vaguely threatened by the Admin who seemed very quick to dish out a permanent ban for a tame name; There was another on the station with an almost idetical name who the admin admitted was fine, i feel like this ban was a hasty an poorly judged decision; ive been playing with that name for over a year and was understandably surprised that after the first time an admin mentioned it was an issue i was being handed vague threats i was supposed to interpret as a warning. I would like this ban repealed, ill change the name as i was going to before the admin hastily took the option away. I dont agree the name is wrong and i dont like that i was barely given a chance to defend my name.

Additional Information:

Bruh what, how have I never seen you before with that name if youve been active for a year with that.

this is the first time ive played the game in months, i dont play often anymore but i did awhile back

He’s been inactive since June, in which he played a handful of rounds, and then inactive again since February

Appeal Reason: Wasnt given a single warning of a Ban

Here's the whole ticket

[2020-11-19 12:08:31.364] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: RukoFamicom/(CDXX-LXIX)->Gamesworth/(Richard Dick Dickonson): Please adjust your name to be more appropriate for the next round.
[2020-11-19 12:08:45.993] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Gamesworth/(Richard Dick Dickonson)->RukoFamicom/(CDXX-LXIX): what, why thats my irl name
[2020-11-19 12:09:17.459] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: RukoFamicom/(CDXX-LXIX)->Gamesworth/(Richard Dick Dickonson): It most certainly isn’t. You can take the ahelp seriously, or I can do it for you.
[2020-11-19 12:10:34.935] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Gamesworth/(Richard Dick Dickonson)->RukoFamicom/(CDXX-LXIX): yes… it is, wth is wrong with my name? its been this way for a year, also are you telling the other richard dickson to change theres too
[2020-11-19 12:11:04.552] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: RukoFamicom/(CDXX-LXIX)->Gamesworth/(Richard Dick Dickonson): Theirs is already pushing the line, yours is a step further with the middle name
[2020-11-19 12:11:15.547] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: RukoFamicom/(CDXX-LXIX)->Gamesworth/(Richard Dick Dickonson): if you disagree with the appearance ban I’m about to give you, you can appeal it on the forums

There was a warning, although not a warning that you would be banned but one to take the ahelp seriously, or the alternative of me handling the naming issue without your input. You chose to insist this is your real name and act like there’s nothing wrong with it, which implies you have no intention of changing it.

10. Ahelp and Ticket Conduct

An admin’s word is law. Follow what they say without argument. However, admins are also accountable for their decisions. You can file a complaint on the forums.

I have no issue with lifting the ban, even immediately, if you’ll just agree to change your name to one that’s more suitable and in-line with our Naming Guidlines. Additionally this ban is only for the roleplaying server, meaning you can continue to use the same character name on Golden if you wish.

Ill change the name, as long as its known i dont agree that i should have to; but i understand thats the rules

or just play on lrp.

2 Likes

@GamesWorth can you give me some example names you intend to use instead?

idk, somthn boring like Richard Smith, or Richard Lee