Ban Type:
Game ban
Ban Length:
permanent
Ban date:
15/11/2021
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Attempting to break into the vault and stealing chaplains clothing from his office.
Appeal Reason:
I was told by an admind through “adminhelp” that it was fine to break into the vault to steal credits, if I did not hurt anyone, which i didn’t. Me and a bunch of assistants stole the chaplains clothing from his drobe in his office, it was a joke, we just stole clothes. I believe its a perma ban because the admin wasn’t able to question me about it before I disconnected.
Additional info:
This is my first ban on this server, the only other time ive ever gotten questioned or anything, is when I was asked to change my first choice of name from Bobbie Robbie to Bobbie Roberts.

FWIW, this resulted on a ban just because you disconnected before I could talk with you. It’d probably have been just a note if we had a conversation in round about it. The ban is a result of policy, not because your actions were necessarily bannable.

That said, I’m curious, which kind of clothes were you expecting to find in the vault?

after I disconnected i rejoined, and stayed connected for about two minutes before i disconnected again from the ban

You said IC you were going SSD, then disconnected, and it took me awhile to check the logs and get auth to send you to forums, so it wasn’t 2 minutes.

In any case, wait for an admin to go over this.

And stop messaging me directly through Discord. Anything you have to say about this belongs here, not in my DMs.

3 Likes

i didnt rejoin instantly, i was joined when the ban happened and i got disconnected from it, after my initial disconnect

After digging through the logs I couldn’t find explicit permission to raid the vault or other offices. I found the following interaction with @Francinum where they vaguely give you the OK to rob someone, but that’s about it.

ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Francinum/(Gallus Aerusi)->MagicalMaker/(Bobbie Robbie): A moment of your time
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: MagicalMaker/(Bobbie Robbie)->Francinum/(Gallus Aerusi): yeah
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Francinum/(Gallus Aerusi)->MagicalMaker/(Bobbie Robbie): Searching people while security’s detaining them is generally bad form.
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: MagicalMaker/(Bobbie Robbie)->Francinum/(Gallus Aerusi): you mean that antag that took my form? and i showed them the blade they hit me with?
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Francinum/(Gallus Aerusi)->MagicalMaker/(Bobbie Robbie): …Wait you’re the wrong person.
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: MagicalMaker/(Bobbie Robbie)->Francinum/(Gallus Aerusi): i thought so
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Francinum/(Gallus Aerusi)->MagicalMaker/(Bobbie Robbie): Don’t expect security to not beat your shit in.
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Francinum/(Gallus Aerusi)->MagicalMaker/(Bobbie Robbie): And it’s arguably self antag.
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: MagicalMaker/(Bobbie Robbie)->Francinum/(Gallus Aerusi): But if its just taking money and no hurting or anything
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Francinum/(Gallus Aerusi)->MagicalMaker/(Bobbie Robbie): You can do it, just don’t expect security to be kind.

I can see where the confusion might have come from though, so I’m not going to hold it against you here. I will note, however, that unless you have a justifiable IC reason for raiding/breaking into areas you shouldn’t do it. Running around and breaking into offices and the vault for no real reason is a good way to catch a ban in the future, especially given that this isn’t your first offense for lower-quality roleplay.

Given that it took us 10 days to process this appeal, I think that time more than fits the crime and I’ll go ahead and lift your ban. Please remember that any actions going against the usual SOP/expectation need to come with some form of explainable & justifiable IC reasoning. Doing something because it’s funny doesn’t meet the criteria.

1 Like