Freshmeatlover admin report (naming disagreement)

CKEY: Crow4

Your Discord:

Offender’s CKEY: Freshmeatlover

Offender’s In-Game Name (if relevant):

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 10/08/2022

Round Number: 40765

Rules Broken (if relevant): none really

Part of Admin/Mentor Conduct Broken (if relevant):

Incident Description: Rev round starts, get instantly bwoinked for my name Al Featherstonehaugh, (Featherstonhaugh - Wikipedia) real last name. Admin says all my names have been “memey” which doesn’t make sense. Just trying to create a unique name. But they say I have to change it.

• Human: Normal human names, the kind that won’t raise an eyebrow if you chose to name your child. This applies to all other races that reference human names. Human names should not include any prefixes nor suffixes.

So what part of the name broke the naming guidelines? Is it because it’s… long? Heckendor is pretty long, Blutenberger is pretty long, doesn’t seem to be breaking any rules?

3 Likes

I hope that clears up your question. It raised my eyebrows and thus I requested you to change it.

It’s a real name. I don’t see what part of the guideline is broken, because you specifically just don’t like it?

just because a name is a real name doesnt make it not eyebrow raising or weird

1 Like

Okay, got it, I guess it’s just one of those “discretion” things

It doesn’t matter if a name is real or not. If it doesn’t fit the naming guidelines then it isn’t allowed. And it raised my eyebrows which led to me requesting you to change it. :man_shrugging:

Crossed will be handling this report to give you a clear answer then.

That’s the thing about human characters. The names really shouldn’t be all that unique. It should be incredibly average. Bordering on background character levels of average.

I agree with Fresh’s ruling, saying that the name is fairly out there. Unfortunately, you will have to pick something else.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.