Fighterslam banned by Zeskorion

heavily agree with mcride but i presented this as a point to zesko and he deadass did not care

no comment should i comment

Everett is a mad cunt but banning a lad for getting gear to go to space because it isn’t the kind of gear you think he should use to spacewalk is gay as fuck.

Are roboticists supposed to not aug people who ask, or what? I don’t get how it’s powergame to ask the roboticist to do his job. Would he get banned for powergaming if he got asked to be turned into a space exploration cyborg…?

i guarantee i would have a permanent mrp ban AND a permanent silicon ban if i want cyborg just to go explore space, with the silicon ban being on both servers, if i did that instead of getting augs

No, because getting borged roundstart is totally fine as being a borg neuters you so much it aint a powergame move

honestly what a retarded ass ban, MRP aint even HRP as to consider the implications behind getting augs. And even then a permanent ban is still something uncalled for in that situation.

So then should be the role of assistant in MRP one where they will twiddle their thumbs until round is over? Besides who says a roboticist cant give out augs or implants if they so desire, I even think you are giving them something to do instead of making the same cyborgs and mechs every single round. You should go min on Citadel if you seriously think this is a baneable offense instead of giving the player a note or a warning for that matter.

So if going to the roboticist to have him fuck with your meat at round start falls under the constraints of ‘appropriate rp’, why does getting augged not?

He is literally asking the robotocist to do his job for a well defined reason that he then executed and has no role to fulfill that’s of greater import.

girl just change ur identity U could be EVERETT LAZERS all caps

1 Like

I think it’s kind of odd to bean a dude over augs, especially when he’s going to spess. It is a little power gamey to rush em, and he doesn’t technically need augs, but there isn’t any role that really does need augs in the first place, not to mention robotnic men often are bored of waiting for people to come and let em do their jobs.

There’s worse ways to powergame that I know everett is more than capable of, and asking a roboticist to do his job and make you the million dollar man barely qualifies, especially when you’re tapping into one of the least commonly touched aspects on ss13 on bee.

Also some one should unironically just say everett has the RP reason of being a transhumanist for the meme. And call it a day.

I actually did the math, and a full set of augments literally costs 42.5 Credits. Each Iron sheet is worth 2000 iron and 1 credit, and from roundstart the limbs are 85000, so, you need a total of 42.5 sheets of iron or 42.5 credits to afford Augments just using material cost. So not even expensive enough to take anything away from the station.

1 Like

Local admin bans player over 42.5 credits worth of materials, while taking bus liberties and denying any wrongdoing

3 Likes

I’m going to go against the grain here and say that what Everett did is powergame. It’s not necessary for an assistant to have them, they can just grab a space suit. Quoting the materials costs of parts or that it’s within a roboticists role to aid your powergame is utterly irrelevant here.

Now, more importantly is how significant is this as powergame? Low I’d say, especially considering stuff like the AutoDoc now being available and IPC self-surgery. If it’s low, then you need to look at the notes for the greater context of how this might be the last straw. Everett had a shitton of them even from the time I was admin but I’ve heard he’s turned a new leaf, though I’ve rarely seen him on the same server for me to judge personally.

I don’t have access to them anymore but I’d think long and hard if you want to make this reason the last straw, because it’s just going to incite more anger unless you’re sure there’s been a lot of other significant powergaming lately.

victor
i cannot just 'grab a space suit"
assistants CAN NOT BREAK INTO PLACES on mrp
it’s bannable
edit: also, do you really think someone’s just gonna GIVE an assistant a hardsuit? fuck no

1 Like

Number one, augs are kool.
Number two, WE HAVE AUTODOCS??!!!?

To further expand on my thoughts

Fighter took nothing of value from station? And didn’t come back geared up to valid hunt?

So Basicly he chose assistant and went into space to do his own thing

I don’t view it as power gaming, he went to go play his own game, he didn’t waste a job slot doing so and didn’t take anything from station, whats the issue?
He didn’t RP?

i follow mrp’s rules so i don’t get banned
i don’t NOT RP, even though rp is cringe most of the time

I’m agreeing, I’m saying you did server favour playing assistant

This dude needs to be unbanned, he just wanted to play singleplayer ss13 by taking fifty creds out of the station and no job slots (Seriously, how many times do engineers or security members just leave with a hardsuit? Waste of a job slot, and waste of a commodity (4/2 hardsuits for engineering depending on the station and only two for security)

If this is what is seen as powergaming on sage now I should have been baned several times over back when. Nust saying the standards seems to have risen to a substantial degree

1 Like

At this point there are several strong arguments as to why Figther shouldnt have this ban. The only argument FOR so far is zesko saying he made the choice and is going to stick by it.

This is an obvious case of metagrudge, admin abuse on part of him teleporting a player and spawning several objects mid round to a player who hadn’t prayed and wasnt a boning antagonist.

@Xlyana this needs to be handled.