Ethnius' admin application: Electric boogaloo two the reboogalooing //DENIED//

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Ethnius

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): twouzers uwu#8786

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): Weekends, and around 4pm-10pm Central

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Just wanna handle tickets, when no one else is there.

How old are you?: 20

Why do you want to be an admin?: Just wanna come back and handle tickets, since I really only play SS13 for midround antags

How long have you been playing SS13?: Since the Setthtide

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: 1200 hours

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 8.99

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 9

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: N/A, previously here

Your strengths: Very Patient even when it comes to people acting purposefully moronic, I also care for the true morons of SS13 and help when I can

Your weaknesses: Rarely I act without thinking which has gotten me noted and banned in my past and also got me a semi but not official admin strike.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Not much, especially since I was an admin here before and somewhat know what to expect

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Discipline, one must have this trait so that they don’t abuse their admeme power and so they know what rules they follow.

What makes a staff team good?: One that works together and communicates properly

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To enhance the experience of all spess men and make sure the enviroment of Spess man simulator 13 stays clean and proper.

What kind of player are you?: One that minds my own business and barely helps other, you don’t mess with me and I respond in kind

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: Probably become even more jaded since I have to deal with the shitters of SS13

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: Depends on a few factors. Like if the HoS was abusing Clown,(on LRP) I let it float away in space and have myself a giggle mate (on MRP) Subtle Message the clown that they shouldn’t space such expensive equipment and give them a minor note warning future admins if they keep doing it, and not spawn a new gun since that wouldn’t fit lorewise. (LRP and MRP) If the Clown is doing it to hunt the HoS, I check past note for similar behaviors and depending on the information given, I note or ban them for doing it and replace the gun. (LRP and MRP) If its Traitors, I spawn a new gun in HoS locker and make a public command announcement that the HoS’ Gun has been replaced

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: This is just a hard perma ban on either server since they are obviously a griefer, since you need past experience with how atmos works and the time needed to begin a plasma flood. The after conduct is that I check for their alt accounts and see if they have done this in the past of have unbanned alt accounts which they can use to grief again.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: (On LRP) I’d have myself a giggle mate, maybe a quick note depending on their hours. (On MRP) I bwoink them and tell them a few things like the MRP rules about them being the best of the best and provide a link to the chemistry recipe wiki to further avoid mishaps in the future and give them a note with a month expiry

This game has lost its spark for me, and I only wish to come back in an administrative aspect so I can make sure those poor non griefing spess men can be protected from those who wish to shit on their day.

2 Likes

Your previous attempt at adminning ended in a demotion vote. If you aren’t even interested in the game and only want admin powers, I can only see it going poorly all over again.

4 Likes

Ah yes, my two previous attempts.

The first one where I was made fullmin without error

and my second one where I tried to act as a fullmin and missed who authorizations on a few bans (but they were all authorized as I remember correctly, but it was definitely my fault for not putting them down), but most were centered around griefers, and as I have learned, recent trialmin aspects have been changed to ban griefers without authoriation (Source: Brother_jeff)

I have seen the error of my ways with other significant events that may have led to the demotion vote, of course most notably the one where I messaged a note that was semi related to my position as a midround antag, and as such, I have already learned my lesson with that.

And I am not interested in admin powers, I am interested in handling tickets as my application has stated.

I however do not remember the amount of tickets I have done combined with both my trialmin periods, and separately, if someone can confirm the amount that would be wonderful

You should recall Ruko, that I never abused my admin powers in my second attempt and I’m sure superdork, or other oldmins can also vouch that I did no such thing in my first attempt either.

Furthermore, I abhor those that do abuse their powers as I was the first one to bring attention to Mr Eloda’s abuse of his admin powers to a former head admin Kasual

It wasn’t just that you did bans without authorization, you did bad bans without authorization that would easily have been stopped if you said something beforehand. You had a habit of jumping to conclusions on minimal information, and were also pretty full of yourself in general.

An admin this good doesn’t get a two-thirds majority vote for demotion, not to mention the Astriker incident.

I would like examples of this, as I am sure the forums and other admins would also want to know what bans were done so they could make their statements without being only given a broad statement.

I have my own examples of this, such as my ban on an engineer that I suspected of grief.
Because of the non existant logs for placing down pipes via RPD, I had suspected them of griefing the SM. Sadly, I could not see the setup as the SM had already delammed and I had no way of knowing what his pipe placement was. I was informed in the ban appeal that he did such thing and had other witnesses. My only line of reasoning is that if he was capable of grief then he would do it again, but if he was innocent then a ban appeal would be made, which had been done.

I am unsure if there are worse examples then this, and would also be grateful if you could provide examples of this as well, so that other voting admins can see.

I also thought the rating system was about how well one can handle the admin tools for finding logs and other related items, if this be not the case and is more broad then I would like to put it down to a 7

I would also be remiss not to mention that I was not at all given an explanation to this 2/3 vote, so that I could learn upon my mistakes and become a better admin at another time.

Ah yes, the Astriker incident.

This story has more parts than one. I will be honest when I say I had antagonized Astriker somewhat, but not enough for his response to be as bad as it was.

A fine example, was when I became a space pirate. I had asked Astriker to take my tickets as I had become a space pirate and the round was soon going to end, I asked three times with no response.
As I dealt with my ticket and did my space pirate as well, he says I shouldn’t do admin work and be an antag at the same time and I quickly countered him that I wouldn’t have to if he had taken my tickets so I can focus on my antag game, albeit that message was much more aggressive than that. I cared for the ticket, it was my child and I would rather do ticket work than let it be ignored and me having to delay the round end, or having no evidence to do the ticket.

I had corrected Astriker a couple times prior and after this, with my knowledge of how to do admin work.
We also talked in asay, I thought may have been in a jokey manner, but as I reflect was more antagonistic on both our ends.

So Astriker in response that led to the leaks had leaked dare I say it admin chat, to demerit and discredit me. As he purposefully cut out entire messages to put me in the lime light, and when given the chance to defend myself, I did not because again and I hope I can be very clear with this I don’t really care.

and with all this knowledge and I have compared it to my first attempt where I became a fullmin without incident, I have learned a very valuable lesson

I’ll just keep my pretty little mouth shut so I don’t sound like a dickhead again, and so that I won’t anger people unnecessarily with my aggressive way of typing.

I just wanna handle tickets man, the poor spessman out there need me.

brother i have photo proof of you triying to get me spited so i would say something bad and get perm banned, on a ban appeal. cmon bruh get off the pedestal you arent as good as you think,

3 Likes

You… never asked for one? I didn’t think it was necessary to list everything you had already been talked to about (mostly by Kasual iirc). You responded to the news by saying you were burnt out anyway.

Sadly I don’t have them now, both for giving up headmin access and the fact we cull channels now instead of keeping every admin bwoink and channel for all eternity.

You’ve already mentioned most of the specific issues that would come to mind, but above all what stuck with me was your generally toxic attitude toward others and bad ticket conduct, including bragging about how you enjoyed making people salt.

It was something I personally called you out for and when promotion vote came around and I was trying to find the conversation, it was found that you deleted all of what you said in the conversation.

2 Likes

-2 for reasons posted above, plus you try really hard to get back on the admin team which makes me worry about the real reason you want to become admin.

1 Like

I would’ve have posted a positive score because you’re former admin and all but

I didn’t realize wanting to do tickets had such sinister overtones.

I just thought it was customary to tell someone what they did wrong so that they could reflect and come out as a better person.

And if the admin team doesn’t want me, then so be it I suppose, it’s no hair off my chest.

I just thought the admin team would need more hands, as I noticed that I was usually the only volunteer staff online most nights (as a mentor)

I mean there wasn’t much to those leaks other than what you said. astriker sent like 10 images of what you and aeder said I mean there really isnt much other then what you guys said.

Here’s your chance to defend yourself from saying “I wanna see them bleed/salt” and etc. I dont know a situation where you would ever want to make people salt in tickets or purposely piss them off. Astriker was right to leak that and everyone knows it, you ruin it for every admin when you are a dick.

Unfortunately as the app sits at a -5 I will be closing/rejecting the application.

You will be able to apply at a later stage.

Application denied/Archived.