Engelwoods Staff App: Back from iraq hiatus

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Engelwood, Larry Linguine (dead account)

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Big John#2912

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): Depends on whenever I’m up, but usually will be every other day

What changes, if any, would you bring?: I’ll be bringing more eyes and ears onto the deserted town known as Golden, and probably pop onto sage every now and again to spectate whatever you people do on a medium roleplay server

How old are you?: 18

Why do you want to be an admin?: I want a bigger reason to stick around for the game and helping Beestation is fun for me since its the only server I play and I wanna keep it vibing for all the newer players

How long have you been playing SS13?: Hit 620 hours recently

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: All of my 600 or so hours have been spent in Beestation

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 7 or 8

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 0, I’ve had no experience with admin tools, but from screenshots from admins and such, it doesn’t look like a hard kit to handle

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Used to admin some DarkRP and Minecraft servers

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: Larry Linguine, havent logged in for forever

Your strengths: I’m impartial in all situations I look at and take things from multiple points of view

Your weaknesses: I can usually be a bit too lenient at times

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: People with massive egos

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Staff should definitely have a lack of bias

What makes a staff team good?: A good understanding of what the player base wants and a thorough understanding of not only the rules but their boundaries

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To enforce the rules and keep the game a hilarious mess for the people playing it

What kind of player are you?: I’m a setup kind of player, I like doing projects like engine setups, maxcaps, fusion, circuits ect. I’m usually trying to optimise and find fun alternatives to projects

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I’ll spend less time getting dunked on by antags and more time grinding out them ghost hours

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: I would bwoink the clown about why he spaced the gun. I would assume that since he spaced it right after that he has an idea of this being bad. Depending on his note history, i would either give a note if he’s mosty clean, or possibly a light ban if they have a particularly grief heavy history

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: I would interrogate him about why he felt like this was a good thing to do. Considering theres no explainable reason as to why he would do this, I would issue a perm ban for atmos tech until he can prove he is ready to play his role, and a heavy server ban if he has had any other notes about similar behaviour in the past

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: If his actions havent affected anyone else, and that it was an acident, it wouldn’t even be worthy of a note

I’m back from my hiatus, lets get this dub babyy

1 Like

You had close to 600 hours when you applied for and got mentor months ago. You were removed from Mentor for lack of activity.

1 Like

Did I? Thought I had close to 500 when I made it, oh well. I went on a hiatus around May since I was changing houses for personal reasons and kinda fogot about SS13, but I’va finally come back now that I’ve got a lot of time to play the game

I’m excited to see a player willing to help with LRP, it’s what we currently need.

My vote is 0. Engelwood’s inability to handle responsibility as a mentor and my experience with the player leads my vote to be neutral.

T: -1

Seconding this. Get some recent activity then try again.
-1 from me.

Thirding this I guess, play the game for a few dozen hours more in the coming week to prove your able to be active or something.

0 from me.

T: -2

If I had to take a guess, at a stretch, I’m thinking my recent hours are an issue here. I shall go play on Sage before I apply again exactly 1 month from now when I reach 1000 hours :rat:

Even just 100 or maybe a bit less would probably suffice provided you got them in about 2 weeks of play.

Well, it has been awhile and lot of rules and mechanics were changed.

+0

Keep playing actively until you can show us some recent high activity and I’ll probably change this vote.

Going to go ahead and deny this for now.

Feel free to re-apply in the future.