Enforce Peanut Gallery Rule in Ban Appeals

As above, so below. If the intention is to not further stir the drama pot, then enforce this rule. Especially given a few recent controversial bans. If the staff don’t see the utility in a rule they’ve agreed on, or aren’t willing to enforce it, just ditch the rule.

Bonus points: Bump the rule up to cover all Player Input topics.

EDIT: Bonus Bonus Points (Difficulty Level: Dante Must Die): Automatically deny people who make bullshit thread topics that don’t follow the format. This would help delay the eventual suicide attempt that staff who deal with those topics must eventually stare down.

Meh, Meh x2, and shit take. The peanut gallery sometimes is good. Drama might be annoying but sometimes good changes (rarely on bee but still sometimes) come out of it. The idea is understandable for bans. But all player input? Why? No one gains anything from taking away everyone being able to say whatever relating to the input. For example, player reports. If someone makes a player report, and like 5 other people who were there for the incident vouch for it, and then 4 more people say they recognize the player being reported, and have similarly negative experiences with them, thats good right? That helps speed the process of “yeah this person is clearly a shit”. The opposite of that, if someone makes a report, and like 7 people all say “bro we were there, you deserved what happened to you” then that is also good.

As for the last point, someone who isnt familiar with the formatting could fail to format properly, and that would just instantly get them denied. thats not great. However, if its someone with like, 12 appeals in the past, then i sort of get it. its still bs tho

4 Likes

yeah but who’s gonna control what is peanut gallery and what isnt
valid points might be removed because “peanut gallery”

2 Likes

I think the rules regarding it are pretty clear in the pinned post.

EDIT: I’ll respond more thoroughly to the points laid out in the longer post later.

Okay, back in the saddle.

Drama might be annoying but sometimes good changes (rarely on bee but still sometimes) come out of it.

Drama is only useful if it’s constructive. It rarely is.

But all player input? Why? No one gains anything from taking away everyone being able to say whatever relating to the input. For example, player reports. If someone makes a player report, and like 5 other people who were there for the incident vouch for it, and then 4 more people say they recognize the player being reported, and have similarly negative experiences with them, thats good right? That helps speed the process of “yeah this person is clearly a shit”. The opposite of that, if someone makes a report, and like 7 people all say “bro we were there, you deserved what happened to you” then that is also good.

Did you even read the Peanut Gallery pinned post?

As for the last point, someone who isnt familiar with the formatting could fail to format properly, and that would just instantly get them denied. thats not great. However, if its someone with like, 12 appeals in the past, then i sort of get it. its still bs tho

Yes, I’m mostly referring to players who know better.

Automatically deny people who make bullshit thread topics that don’t follow the format.

Nothing in this world will force me to use the idiotic american date format

2 Likes