EndoStation feedback and bugs thread

This is the feedback and bugs thread for LastCrusader’s new map: EndoStation

Image:

If image doesn’t load click here

PR:

https://github.com/BeeStation/BeeStation-Hornet/pull/2925

Testmerges:

This map will be testmerged on sage and golden after some basic testing is ran on our staging server and fixes are made

1 Like

Wasn’t it called Zulu?

This map is gon be a shitfest

Could probably do with less apiaries or you’re gonna grind the server to a halt with 112 bees

2 Likes

probably want more than one entrance/exit into the SM

As crossed said, this will likely get broken every round

obscuring the logo is ugly

2 Likes

whats up with this

ohh i see the crates to make solars now nevermind

Why not try for a more original armory layout? image

if this is supposed to look like a pod crashed into the station, I would expect a little more damage on the pod

Need better transition for these tiles imo

rather short hopline for how big the station is

Rage cage in the middle along with the tables makes this area a pain to traverse imo

4 Likes

Floating light

1 Like

Medbay could use some more lights in general, it’s a bit dim

1 Like

Basically unlit area

3 Likes

Maintenance could use the occasional bulb every so often, it’s pretty much complete pitch black as is

APC not connected?

EDIT: The SMES has no power terminal

1 Like

Weird AI sat, kinda neat.

Poor security and that maint tunnel, hoh boy so many stolen hardsuits and perma breaks. Sucks a bit that you can’t effectively space people out of the execution chamber without going for a bit of a spacewalk.

West side of the station is basically greytide home. Maint seems really boxy though, less windy/bumpy like I’m used to and more just straight lines wrapping around rooms.

Kinda neat that the arrivals hall pushes you to go into the library to get to the rest of the station.

Is that three whole atmospherics hardsuits I see? Nice.

Tech storage is now in maint, but it gets hacked open all the time now anyway, so.

All the SMES units in engineering are now in the supermatter room, which is eh.

No spot for tesla/singulo builds?

Plenty of solars with options to build more from scratch, I like.

Lot harder to get access to the morgue without traveling through med, or… Actually, there’s something. There seem to be a lot of ‘sub hallways’ that are marked off as maint tunnels but still have the flooring. That’ll take some getting used to.

Very roomy sec checkpoints.

Each department seems to have room for shuttles, even med and engi.

Both chem dispensers are propped right up against medbay proper, so when some idiot explodes themselves, it’s gonna breach that whole area as opposed to if they were put on the opposite wall.

Having a medical checkpoint at departures is a pretty cool idea, I like that.

QM has a hardsuit?

Cargo starts with a lounge, neat

Custodial closet is actually placed somewhere that people can find the damned thing.

Bridge/HoP now has sec checkpoints, though god damn that is a LONG bridge.

Camera placement. Please test this as AI and see camera placement is adequate. I’m taking a closer look and I think a lot of these areas would have blindspots, plus there’s not a lot of overlap so one camera going down is a much bigger deal.

Love the idea for the nanite chambers being exposed to the public like that, definitely think there should be some way for sci to get into them without going all the way around though.

Should the chapel crematorium really be exposed by non-reinforced windows, and should it really be connected directly to the interrogation room? The interaction between the chapel and sec is a bit odd to me considering how far removed they usually are.

Overall, I like it. Some parts are jank as hell but it’s a map that gives plenty of movement options as well as new toys/conveniences. Maint loses its traditional winding tunnels feel and becomes something of a small dip to get into localized areas (even the enormous maint areas between cargo and arrivals are centered around big rooms).

lastly, cheeky of you to give cargo an easy emitter

Hydrophonics kind of hard to look at

no, it looks extremely good.

1 Like