Endaru mod application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Endaru, madman descending into chaos

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Kelpo#5866

How often are you online to help? (Timezone): (GMT+3)

What changes, if any, would you bring?: There are no flaws or improvements that spark to mind about the admin team as of now, maybe this will change after I learn more about the server, I think the netspeak rule could be more strict for example I dont like the word shitsec, it feels more meta than an word the player would use, not their character

How old are you?: 20

Why do you want to be a moderator?: Curiosity, I saw how many times an member of the staff needs to be involved in a round to mitigate griefing and other types of rule breaking

How long have you been playing SS13?: I made my account late 2017, with big breaks in between playing

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: around a week or 2 ago I started playing bee more, I have played bee in the past but I dont remember much

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 7 more or less, there are things that I consider myself great at(medical) and things that I honestly dont care about (mostly engineering) I prefer to use words more than rush in with an iron fist to deescalate some situations

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games): I cannot answer this question since I never was part of any admin team, but I try to see the full picture, see every outcome, hear both stories or all the stories before taking an decision

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13: never

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: madman descending into chaos(ps I forgot the password)

Your strengths: Like I said I try to see the full picture, there isnt much that comes to mind

Your weaknesses: I dont consider myself the best team player(I dont have much team experience)(I had negative experience when I was working in a team because everything was unorganised where I simply took action [I stepped over others so the goal would be achieved] or [assumed control of the situation and pull my weight around more than others to compensate for them] or [needed to tell others what to do and how to do it if needed just so endgoal was achieved], I was also called overbearing a word which I have a hard time understanding but I try to move on and correct myself, I see constants in my flaws and connections to my past and notice when I do one of my flaws, I know why I do it and I simply distance myself from the source of the problem, move on, and grow as a person).

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: outside the game factors but those are very rare and Ill rather do something else if possible instead of playing this game to cool off

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: an open mind
You might have seen someone doing something suspicious and decide to investigate it, you think you have enough evidence to get them removed but you have not talked with them or other parties involved to get their side of the story so you can get the full picture and dish out the right punishment for the right motive

What makes a staff team good?: dont want to limit myself to one answer so for now lets start with diversity, Ill add other qualities as time goes on and Ill just add some pictures made in mspaint. and discuss it further

In the picture above we can clearly see the staff team agreeing that the problem in question is a circle, everyone here thinks the same or is an yesman(By my definition Someone who will just say yes[not contributing much, a sheep going with the herd] not giving much thought to the problem, a follower)

The second picture shows an even bigger staff team uncaring of what the other party thinks but they still dont get the full picture or the right answer, neither member has an open mind

Here each party is willing to listen to the other point of view and is willing to work together and each discuss their slice of the cake

Now after talking with eachother for a while they have finally realised its a cylinder(how and whats it doing in a 2d world is for them to discover, or if it even is a cylinder, if I put it on its ass I dont think it would stand straight but for the sake of this album I will call it a cylinder)
The explanation is quite bare bones since it doesnt cover the inbox thinking just outsider perspective, the problem is more complex but it would take ages to go into that, time I am not going to invest

What the album does not cover is empathy, being able to relate to others is good when you are working with people

Basically I think a team should be willing to work together, to be willing to listen to each other opinions.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: Keep things in check, house keeping, janitorial work
if a dog learns its fine to piss on couch he will keep doing it
one bad apple spoils the bunch
If we let players ignore the rules for the sake of it, it wont improve the server, it will have the opposite effect,
If the server looks like shit, it will get treated with the same respect

What kind of player are you?: right now? a happy go lucky guy, living in the zone and trying to distance myself from my bad history as a player on other servers, trying to understand my mistakes so I learn from them.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: probably be more empathetic to staff, I dont like in depth plans for the future since they might not actually turn out like you dictated, you act as you see yourself, and I dont see myself changing much
but even If I dont become one I have read the rules several times while making this app so in theory there should be far fewer rule breaches than before

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
if an ahelp has been made I will respond to it and tell the person in question its being investigated
I will check if the clown is antag
If he is I am 99.9% sure I will mark it as an IC issue (the 0.1% what if would be if the case is more complex than that, nothing comes to mind but there are an infinite number of possibilities)
If the clown is not an antag
I will investigate other variables like
is he new
Does he have a bagful of notes or bans
Has he read the rules
Is he lying in ahelp after being bwoinked(careful wording where I ask him Do you know anything about the HoS gun floating in space)
Is he metagrudging that one specific hos player?
I cannot give a concrete response for an question that has so many outcomes, variables and constants so I will explore one possibility
synopsis
The clown is new and has attempted and succeeded at taking HoS’s gun happy with his deed he decides the best way to celebrate is spacing it, when questioned about it, claims it was a prank, he has read the rules and did not know which rule he broke(rule 9), did not see anything wrong with his action a 1 day ban has been applied and the clown should be watched for future offences to see if the clown even cares about the rules.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: If theres a way to freeze the player I will, then ask him why did he do that, and after hearing him out(or getting insulted by them) I will be applying either a server ban, permanent ban until appealed, or a permanent ban with a vouch depending on their behavior and intent

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
Most likely note him after talking with them
Does he have a history of being butter fingers and “accidentally” blowing up his workplace? for all I know he does this stuff every round and claims accident thats why I insist of giving him a note at least so if this becomes a trend and some other staff member runs into this individual doing the same thing again, they might give a punishment they see fit.

If he does have a history I might consider giving them a job ban from roles that have acess to chem lab and maybe science it depends on the variables and constants…

1 Like

Hello! unfortunately i don’t think you have spent enough time here to become an admin.

Your playtime on your main account is 100 h, on your second ckey it’s 0 h.
With just 100 hours of playtime, and only being active for a couple of weeks (recently), i don’t think you’re ready to become an admin.
But don’t be discouraged! do come back when you have around 200-250 hours of playtime here, and i will offer a different vote on your app.
For now, though, i will give a -1 unfortunately :pensive:

T: -1

1 Like

Unfortunately I’m going to have go with a -1 here.

I don’t believe that 140 hours is enough to really get a feel for the community and how things are run.
Also too early to really get a feel for how you conduct yourself here.

I’d recommend 250 hours as a minimum personally.

T:-2

We’ve decided to deny this application for the time being. Mostly in regards to your hours but also your record. As you’ve just been noted rather recently.

You’re free to reapply after a month has passed, once you have spent more time on beestation!