Endaru mod application #2

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Endaru, Madman descending into chaos

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Kelpo#5866

How often are you online to help? (Timezone): I cant give an exact schedule, I cant predict the future except that the holiday season is approaching, it might have passed if you read/reply at a later date. Gmt+2

**What changes, if any, would you bring?:**Some issues I brought up or other people brought up have been been considered by the staff team and they did their best(in my eyes) to adress them, it remains to see if I discover something I don’t agree with

How old are you?: 20

Why do you want to be a moderator?: the lack of admins and admin interactions on the server, “if you want change be the change, or at least try to”.

How long have you been playing SS13?: late 2017, had breaks inbetween

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: I started playing a few months/month ago, cant really give an exact name, I took a break from ss13 since I was burned out

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: losing is fun 7/10

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games): it remains to be seen, I try to see both sides of the story, I cant rate myself at the time of writing this.

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13: No.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: mostly unused account I probably cant acess it anymore, don’t have a reason to, madman descending into chaos, created as a joke years ago.

Your strengths: I try to be impartial, see the bigger picture, not much to say, I don’t ask myself this question, some might consider this a weakness, some might consider it a strength I’m writing this in both fields, you make your own opinion, I try to be honest and skip pleasantries and get to the core of the problem, resolve it and move on to the next task

Your weaknesses: some might consider it a strength I’m writing this in both fields, you make your own opinion, I try to be honest and skip pleasantries and get to the core of the problem, resolve it and move on to the next task, I cant think of anything else at the time.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: there are some factors outside the game that shouldn’t be a problem, I don’t see the need to specify them, this would only help someone who I angered and is currently looking for a way to get back at me in the off chance I get to be a moderator or not, some people are petty.(hello)
or for the admin staff to test my boiling point and see how I act under stressssss.
What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: I do not value one trait above all else, it gives me the impression of devaluating the other traits(I would post a meme I would rush in mspaint but it would give off the energy that I am not taking this seriously so I will refrain from doing that), ill name one for the time being

impartiality, do not take sides, do not give leeway to people you know, at the end of the day, its not cool for two people to have different punishments for the same mistake, with your excuse being “he knows dogs/cats are the superior breed”, “I know that guy, he is a cool man, I played chess with them once”, “he knows that pirates/ninjas would win a fight against ninjas/pirates”

What makes a staff team good?: Diversity, able to see others point of view,
not taking sides, flexibility,
being honest when they make a mistake.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: Make sure the rules are being enforced.

What kind of player are you?: I don’t ask myself this question, I like playing security since I think antags are one of the main driving force of a round,
I don’t like greenshift due the nature of no conflict except s (elf) antags

I would play medbay more but the skill ceiling is kind of low, you apply the same medical procedure over and over again expecting the same result, not to mention how obsolete medical becomes when nobody is hurt and how boring it is to play at that time, yes I could rp but some people are to self absorbed and scared of interacting with others so that would not work all the time, maybe go to the bar if there is a bartender or chef

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: try to tone down some jokes, try to watch my mouth to try to prevent upsetting some people, stop posting some memes, try reducing the amount of swears in my vocabulary.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
Check who is antag,

(assuming clown is antag)

See if the clown had a valid reason for spacing the gun,

(it might assist him by preemptively eliminating a possible weapon that might be used against him but at the same time, it is an objective that he spaced and doesn’t sit right with me ESPECIALLY IF IT WAS HIS OBJECTIVE…)caps for emphasis.

(non antag clown)

I wouldn’t consider this a a very tasteful prank, clown is an entertainer, not a traitor, and don’t find amusing the idea of throwing a high risk item into the vacuum of space

(but but but the item loops bac- This is an roleplay server, if this was real life you can almost guarantee that gun is gone for good and have to mention it would terrify me the consequences the clown could go through, and I assume that someone employed by NT would know what happens for breaking their rules)

Now some other small things that I might have to do,

check the account history of both players, (maybe I can link this dispute to meta grudging as well or discover a very huge pile of bans)
See when their accounts were created,
Respond to ahelp to signal that its being looked into(if someone even bothers to ahelp)

I MIGHT involve the original ahelper more into the ahelp by asking meaningful questions to implant the idea that admins actually care about getting to the bottom of the issue and he should ahelp more(I am not trying to insinuate that admins dont care with the last statement.)

I MIGHT NOT involve the original ahelper more into the appeal to prevent implanting the idea

(I shall ahelp more just to see the outcome of the report, not because I give a fuck about someone breaking the rules, the feeling of entitlement of hearing the final verdict[I don’t like the public bans list because it kinda encourages the idea of ahelping just to see the final verdict, not because someone broke the rules]){ahh look at that guy I ahelped got away scot free, its not fair, Ill take matters into my own hands…}

I WILL talk to the clown
I might do the first bwoink with “hey got a minute” see if he gets a specific reaction, or ignores it
OR
Try to act dumb, act on his side by asking him “hey, why is the hos mad at you”(response is crafted based on the specific situation the clown happens to be in) see if he plays along and test to see if he is willing to lie to an staff member(not foolproof) try to bring up hos gun in a subtle manner and see if he omits to specify that.

after examing a multitude of factors Ill handle the situation accordingly [vague question vague answer]

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:

So what I get from this question that this will be mostly a chat between me and the atmos saboteur

I also think its implied that if an admin is cleaning the after effects, they arent really justified with the flooding(rare case but it might happen, cant really think for a reason though)

I would really consider using a freeze command on him if such a command exists, ask him him why he is plasmaflooding, after hearing him out, Ill decide on a punishment, I also dont think an apology would really be sincere since I have no way to verify that

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
I remember from my last app, my opinion did not really change I would really lean and say this would be an IC issue mostly, maybe warn the chemist, check his ban history, his account creation date, his server playtime, his chemist playtime and be pretty much insistent on noting him in the case he is a serial chem dispencer bomber so another admin might see a pattern in his behaviour and act accordingly.

3 Likes

https://forums.beestation13.com/t/endaru-mod-application/19509/6
just for ease of acess I am posting the link to my previous app

1 Like

hello i’ve got stupid situations (some which actually happened) I expect smart answers to

Number one: Starting off easyish here. Janitor with 2 hours hops on. It’s MRP, 2 hours in. He’s a janitor, and he managed to hack into engineering, hack into atmos, steal the fireaxe, and plasmaflood the halls. By the time you get to bwoink him, the station is already engulfed in near fusion. When asked why he did this, he replies “As a Janitor, it’s my sole objective to clean the station of all filth. Fire is one of the best cleaners.” There are no associated CKEYs or IP’s, except for the one he is using.

Number two: Slightly harder. It’s metastation. Small round of about 20-40 which has been going for about a hour on extended… except for one late join traitor named Karen Smith. Karen has about 45 hours. Join date in 2020, started playing bee in 2022. Anyways. Her objective are as follows.

1. Kill John Wright, the chemist.
  2. Steal the Captains Antique gun. You know the one.
  3. Escape alive and outside of custody.

So she decides to go for the Antique. There’s no captain, so the HOP grabs it and the disk. His reasoning is he became the acting captain, and it’s his job to secure both. Karen becomes aware of this and decides to cook up a plan to do both objectives in one. She knocks out the CMO with a sleepy pen (I.E does not kill or crit), takes everything off the CMO, and locks the CMO into a maint room completely naked. They then use a voice changer (i.e chameleon mask) to appear as the CMO, and requests the HOP to come to the chemistry lab for some “private matters”. HOP ends up coming over to the chemistry lab, where the chemist is. Eventually, Karen overheats meth and a few other chemicals to create a large explosion, completely spacing the main hall next to chemistry, killing two medical doctors just outside, gibbing both the chemist AND the hop, and suffocating at least 2 people low health people (one of which survived due to outside influences.) Karen discards the CMO’s items into space, puts on a jumpsuit, and walks out. Security never finds her, and she escapes as the shuttle is called, influenced directly by the explosion.

If this was a player report on Karen, what would you do? Which rules were violated (if any), and which punishments should be applied in reference to the rules? I can respond as Karen if you have some questions.

1 Like

Looks like a ban evader, he is exhibiting some degree of skills that doesn’t particularly match the amount of hours he has, I would issue a permban, their ban reason would be simple “Griefer” to not entitle them to be recognized as “The griefer with x ban reason” just a griefer, nothing special about them

As for number 2 I am going to sleep and going to answer it later
Questions
Did you read the rules?(low hours)
Why did you blow up chemistry?(want to see how they talk to me)

1 Like

Question 1:

Completely valid answer. I usually prefer to put a more general reason (such as plasma flood griefer), but that works.
Question 2:

"Yeah, I did read the rules. Honestly? I think I went a little too wild there on the explosion, looking back. However, I genuinely did not intend for my explosion to fuck people up THAT bad. It was a pretty calm round, so I naturally assumed not many people would be in/around medical. I thought the captain I killed with the antique would be a acceptable casualty, since it’s just one extra person. Chemist obviously was intentional, but the other two were complete accidents outside of the captain. Didn’t think anyone would suffocate. "

I should mention. The two people who died were low health in medbay, not the main hall. They were seeking treatment after a accident related to some space carp.

Alright, I reread the second question,

I don’t like how the hop secured cap gun(in order to secure it, the case needs to be broken or the alert level needs to be blue[which is kind of justified] but if what karen said is true, hop wouldn’t really have reason to arm up except for securing cap stuff this securing of cap’s gun leaves a bad taste in my mouth especially since the case is locked, so by that logic, wouldn’t it be considered secured? cap really needs to just secure dat fukken disk) but I digress

so Rule 13: Succeeding as an antagonist is not the “goal” of SS13, the goal is for all players to have fun.

Karen here tried to greentext(a fault of how they are designed mostly) and tried to keep it clean, shoot 2 birds with one stone, nevertheless some people were unfortunate enough to be indirect casualties of said chem lab bombing,

• Crew inside a department in which you must complete an objective may be considered a threat and pre-emptively eliminated without provocation.

The cmo has been subdued non lethally and probably is still rotting in maint, his non lethal elimination helped karen with her objectives, so I am going to let this one slide

antagonists are free to complete their objective by any means available, within reason.

Karen tried to isolate both targets and eliminated them both with an explosion, most of the casualties this round were medical staff yes but it feels more like “wrong place, wrong time” to me, the explosion did help karen complete her objectives but resulted in a shuttle call,

Now for the punishment I think would juggle between a note a server ban or an antag ban, it did cause the shuttle to be called afterall,
A note to write down the incident description in their history( a ban wont be applied if I go this route)
a server ban for one day describing the incident, and telling them to reread the rules(my thought process being “On this vacation, they can read a good rulebook”
Antag ban(same as above but for 3 days)[I dont really like this route]
As for what I would chose, I strongly favor the note approach since they did not intend to kill the people outside chem(or she is just lying to me[she did try to dispatch the cmo non lethally afterall]),the other punishment types would be applied if I found something more to the story,

As for What I would say to Karen,
Tell karen to reread the rules,
Try to use techniques that result in less casualties,
Be more careful,
As an antagonist you not here to win.

As for the player report thing, even if I become a mod, not really my job to handle them but Ill answer either way,

Clean the player reports of peanuts,
Check the logs
Get the player that has been reported to respond on the forums
check the logs again
Debate which action I should take
clean the player report of peanuts
Apply punishment, lock the thread, and archive it.

as for question 1, secret note can be applied to describe the damage they have caused, which
For 1
The griefer wont get the recognition,
For 2
The staff team in my absence wont have to sift through the logs to find out what really happened.

And some thing feels a little off, how did karen survive the bombing, karen overheats chems yes but with what method? because

Hello, as a mod I cannot offer you a +1/-1 but I can at least offer you a question in the meantime to keep you thinking.

1. Let’s say you’ve chosen to play in a round and you roll traitor, the round goes on for a bit and you go to kill your assassination target, the mime. While fighting the mime disarms your esword and uses it to kill you, the RD then comes along and decides to take you to robotics to have you borged. Instead of being borged you decide to DNR and readmin, noticing the mime was not an antagonist or deputized afterwards. What, if anything, would you do? Assume the crew was fully staffed.

2. You are adminning a round and you notice another admin is spawning in lots of midrounds such as nightmares and revenants, you then notice they spawn in a blob and take it, what, if anything, would you do?

I assume the mime did not break their vow, so they were at risk, they went a little overboard with killing me when critting was fine, but considering I went guns blazing with an esword I guess it went over his head,

The crew was fully staffed, I dont know how the battle went but it would have been more preferable for the mime to run away and call for help(mute little fella), but knowing mimes they dont speak much so unless he would type a really fast message on pda the chances of survival would be pretty slim.

The rd, why did he come here, was he metacomming? who gave him permission to borg?(space law is a guideline)

Ill tell an admin if there is someone active during the round, if there are none Ill just make a player report on the forums after the round ends since I am involved in the ticket

To be honest, I dont know what to do here.
I am listing the actions I would take in in this specific circumstance

see where they spawned them, for all I know he goofed off at CC
see how long the round has been going on for
See if the round ended
Check #events or whatever the discord channel is called and see if the admin made an event that was approved and that the players voted yes for an event,
Ask him why is he doing this
Tell admin staff on discord
Gather evidence against the admin in question
Check their admin rank

Look at the discord and see if some higherups have some wisdom related to this thing and ways to handle it,

I dont know if bans would even work on an admin, and I wouldnt resort to such thing without more information of the incident, for all I know his acc could be compromised or the admin thought it was fine and understood they made an oopsie.

Try to clean up the situation by deleting the antags AFTER getting enough information on the incident.

Because my full message was not sent
Because from what I got from the prompt karen was in chemistry, the hall was spaced, the grenade could have broken a wall and so it was powerful, powerful enough to gib 2 people that I assume were not on the same tile, what was the mode of the detonation? a grenade?
Remote chem dispencer use?
Mixing the stuff in a beaker and surviving it because of an exploit?

I just got a note putting me on thin ice so I dont think there is much reason for this app anyway.
“how can one uphold the law, if they cant even follow it themselves.”

Correct yeah. Try going for quite a while without getting any additional notes/bans before thinking about applying in the future. :+1: