Emergency Services call

an idea, have a button on your pda that shows a menu with engineering, medical and security, clicking an option will let you input text like a pda message, hitting the send button will send that message to everyone in that department

example: you are a janitor and a greyshit stole your cart, you go on your pda and send a message to security that Greg Smith has stolen your janicart, after 5 minutes you get a pda message from the warden telling you to pick up the cart from the brig

some extra details: might want to give it a 2-5 minute cool down so people don’t spam it but you could also have it be enforced IC with spacelaw under Comms distribution or even a new law

tldr: give everyone a “send to entire department” button

2 Likes

So like the department requests console but portable?

Who even answers the department requests console.

5 Likes

the idea is that it’s departmental requests but it’s pretty much impossible to miss the message

my protip is to use the holopads’ call function. it’s quite noticeable for the recievers.

1 Like

I would prefer if department requests were replaced with this entirely.

A simpler method might be allowing people to send pda messages to entire departments instead of just the warden or hos or whoever.

So you see a broken window open to space you pda a message to engineering. Suspect a virus is about pda medical. Ore silo has no mats, pda cargo/mining.

2 Likes

One thing that Goon has that I personally love is when a dead body shows up, all of medical gets a PDA message letting them know. Something like that for other departments would be neat.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.