Your Discord:None

Offender’s CKEY:Efemu

LRP or MRP server:MRP

Offender’s In-Game Name (if relevant):N/A

Date (MM-DD-YYYY):6/26/2021

Round Number:30834

Rules Broken (if relevant):N/A

Part of Admin/Mentor Conduct Broken (if relevant):Bad use of ERT

Incident Description: i was a head rev, decided to go loud, with the aid of a rev lawyer, we rushed sec and killed the hos. code blue-amber ert arrives, i get trapped in armory with no push advantage while the ert mindshields pretty much everyone. Sending a ert against an open headrev who is already in a bad state is not good.

Additional Information:

1 Like

Revs killed almost all of security, excluding single detective and had armory (Corg juiced OP armory) and rest of the brig under control.
HOP asked for ERT few times before I finally caved, and sent him humanized mob, makeshift ERT consisting of 3 people (Leader, Officer, Medic).
They weren’t High Alert ones.
ERT’s objective was to protect HoP and CMO, not to wipe revolution.
I certainly didn’t send them against you alone, nor at any time I gave them clues to who the revolution leader is.

Even some players said in OOC after the round ended that revs wasted time instead of going after rest of the heads.

obraz
obraz

It’s not uncommon to send ERT to station during revs rounds when they completely take over but the round doesn’t end and someone requests ERT.

I want to open this by asking, in your opinion, what is a good use of ERT?

eh, fighting xenos, maybe for a powerful malf ai. sending a red ert after a malf ai that has borged most of the crew is a good use. Sending a sec ert after a revealed headrev with most of the heads alive, is not a very good use of ert.

How about:

Central Command has been alerted that station security has been wiped out and the Armory has been lost to hostile agents? The station is bordering on defenseless in that sort of situation; It’s a good play to make as an antagonist, but it also more than opens up CC to intervene when contacted in my opinion.

2 Likes

I second this.

The way I personally see it, as a rev you have two options. Go loud and try to gut the station as fast as possible, or, be a bit more subtle and remove heads systematically. There are major pros and cons to both tactics. Arguably the biggest con for the one chosen here, is that you’re making so much noise that command has gotten desperate and CC is forced to allocate some (minor) resources to try and help defend their asset.

Given that revs had taken the armory and decimated the security force, they should have been more than equipped to make it a fair fight for what was sent.

I’m under the same opinion as Crossed on this one.

While it can suck that CC sends additional forces to deal with a revolution (gameplay wise), it makes a lot of sense if you look at it storywise.
CC is trying to protect its investments as efficiently and cost-effective as possible.
(Reminds me of the Siege of Vraks in Warhammer 40K)

1 Like

With no further input from @Noodlecat after a week has passed, I’m going to go ahead and mark this as rejected. There is no violation of conduct, and the ERT made sense both IC and OOC upon review.