Eats-the-Rats Report

For once @anon26938153 I agree with you. I don’t understand what these people are saying. Not even a little. If I have to be frank command staff is overrun with people who don’t understand their jobs properly. At least Captain and HoS should be whitelist only.

This is completely false. First of all it’s in the atangs playbook that you should always ask nicely to see if you can get what you want that way. No competent head would ever give something like that out. They are not “inciting” them. This is not a 2 hour assistant in the hallways. This is the most important
job on the station. If they don’t know this they should be taught or banned from command.

We are all responsible for our own actions. The Captain was not “incited”. They even said they didn’t ask for AA.

Bro you are not an admin. Stop talking like that. Also what the hell are you talking about. Asking people to give you shit is like step 0 of every antag round.

It’s bait if they are unfit for a command role.

Fuck them. Maybe don’t play Captain. This is such a bad take.

In conclusion command ban or note the Captain. Xeapor did nothing wrong.

8 Likes

This sentence is resonating in my head right now.

4 Likes

You know, when I made this I didn’t expect such a strong response.

I hope an admin comes and sorts this out soon, haha

6 Likes

This one seems straightforward, so I’ll go over it in the next few days depending on where my attention span leads me.

1 Like

This is an incredibly flawed interpretation of what ban baiting is.

Asking someone for a reflector vest is not ban baiting in any capacity. Although that doesn’t mean they should give you it.

Just because someone asks you to do something doesn’t mean you automatically turn off your brain and do as they ask while being free of any consequences.

If you walk up to a chemist as a clown and jokingly ask “Hey, wouldn’t it be funny if you blew up medical?” that’s not ban baiting. If they then decide to actually go explode medical that’s on them. It is completely illogical for it to be anyone elses fault in that scenario. They are the person who blew up medical out of their own free will.

Here’s some examples of actual ban baiting.

You as a hulk are knocked into crit by security so that they can arrest you for whatever reason. As the officer applies cuffs and starts taking you to medical you proceed to *succumb and ahelp saying the officer killed you. That is ban baiting.

You as a chemist intentionally lie to another newer chemist, instructing them incorrectly on how to make a chemical resulting in them exploding chemistry which you then report. This is ban baiting.

Although it’s incredibly important to note that for it to be ban baiting you need to be able to establish actual intent behind it, as it could have been an honest mistake. This is far more applicable in the second example than in the first.

2 Likes

Reflector vests are listed as ‘contraband’ not ‘high risk items’.

Under space law that puts it as a ten minute brig sentence for possesion or a fifteen minute sentence if you try and make the argument that a reflector vest is dangerous contraband.

The reflector vest is not a big deal in any way, nor is asking for it. The all access is however as theres VAST precedence in the ban lists for HOPs being punished for randomly handing out all access, its probably the most common thing people get punished for while playing command. Although if youre going to just hand out AA to anyone on the station then the clown is easilly the most forgivable person to give it to.

All that being said its a dick move to report the guy who enabled you to perform shenanigans as clown. Youre like an anti clown. A Nwolc.

1 Like

Going to start handing out AA to all clowns and mimes, their fault for accepting

2 Likes

If I was a normal clown I probably wouldn’t report him.

Its the fact I was a known traitor that made me think he went a bit too far.

Rules violations are rules violations, especially if they have no IC reasoning behing them.
Tyran already made a statement on the supposed ban baiting here. I’ll double check with logs but I’m confident Xeapor didn’t banbait anyone here.

From now on, I’ll consider any further posts on this specific point to be peanut posting and will start removing them if I feel like they do not contribute to the report being processed. If you agree with someone or a statement, just throw a heart.

1 Like

Ok, logs time. This was easier than I thought given the very little interactions the two players had.

Clown was a late join traitor

[2022-03-22 11:38:46.281] GAME: Xeapor/(Donk Bonk The Honk) has gained antag datum Traitor(/datum/antagonist/traitor)

Clown goes to hop line to ask the captain for the reflector vest

[2022-03-22 11:43:28.258] SAY: Xeapor/(Donk Bonk The Honk) "ayo" (Aft Primary Hallway (93, 87, 2))
[2022-03-22 11:43:31.726] SAY: Xeapor/(Donk Bonk The Honk) "can I have" (Aft Primary Hallway (93, 90, 2))
[2022-03-22 11:43:35.605] SAY: Xeapor/(Donk Bonk The Honk) "the reflector vest" (Aft Primary Hallway (93, 90, 2))

The “captain’s” logical response

[2022-03-22 11:43:50.938] SAY: Slauenza12/(Eats-The-Rats) "no you get aa" (Brig (91, 89, 2))

The captain then grants aa to the clown

[2022-03-22 11:44:10.468] ID: Slauenza12/(Eats-The-Rats) granted All Access to Donk Bonk The Honk's ID Card (Clown) using Eats-The-Rats's ID Card (Captain) via a portable ID console at Aft Primary Hallway (93, 90, 2).

The clown is surprised

[2022-03-22 11:43:55.785] SAY: Xeapor/(Donk Bonk The Honk) "good enough" (Aft Primary Hallway (93, 90, 2))
[2022-03-22 11:44:20.411] SAY: Xeapor/(Donk Bonk The Honk) "oh!" (Aft Primary Hallway (92, 91, 2))
[2022-03-22 11:44:29.496] SAY: Xeapor/(Donk Bonk The Honk) "I didnt" (Brig (86, 91, 2))
[2022-03-22 11:44:31.864] SAY: Xeapor/(Donk Bonk The Honk) "expect that" (Brig (86, 91, 2))

Both players then didn’t interact with each other and went on about their business, the cap doing cap things and the clown causing trouble in the AI satellite and such.

Needless to say, there was no banbaiting there. The captain granted AA for no reasons and isn’t a new player by any means. Also I do not agree that the clown openly advertised that he was a traitor.
Considering what was said between the two players, I think it’s fair to think the clown was making a joke in that instance, but it’s still not acceptable to be randomly giving out aa like that with no IC reasons.

There was indeed a violation of R12 and I will take actions to inform the captain that this isn’t acceptable behaviour for heads of staff.

Report accepted