Drink Reccomendations

Recently became old enough to drink in the states.

Looking for recommendations.

ATM I have Crown Royal Peach Whiskey, but want recommendations for when I get paid and go to the liquor store.

Mixed drinks(if its not on Wikipedia or something please list ingredients/directions) or otherwise welcome.

So I must ask, Beestation, what is your drink of choice?

2 Likes

I just drink Jägermeister straight out of the bottle, I fucking love black licorice so much… if you don’t like that Kahlua with coffee or milk/chocolate milk is good (can’t remember it’s been a while). Redbull and vodka is an easy one, I prefer Absolut for that, used to chug that shit at parties to stay awake.

Amaretto is good, Kraken is good, Bumbu is good. Crown might look fancy, but you’re actually paying for the bag to keep your dnd dice in, any flavor but apple is going to taste like shit. Avoid tequilla (tastes like shit) and avoid Fireball (only basic bitches drink that).

2 Likes

Amaretto is good but i strongly recommend making yourself an amaretto sour, 1/4 amaretto, 1/4 sweet and sour mix (i prefer dailys) and 1/2 clear soda (7up is my favorite for this)

Other than that im a big tequila fan but tequila is a very hit or miss drink

1 Like

water

17 Likes

I recommend being careful with both, they’re pretty strong and taste great by themselves. Don’t drink on an empty stomach and dont go overboard until you understand your limits.

Also Disaronno makes the third recommendation for an Amaretto so I think that’s where you should go next.

2 Likes

Fortunately the crown royal was a gift.

Yeah I’ve noticed that it might taste like “peach” in the same way that candies do.

I’ll play your game. What’s brands/flavors do you recomend?

If you’re adventurous enough I’d recommend going out there and buying everything you need to make a real long island iced tea. What they serve at bars isn’t the real thing, it’s a tragedy. Friends and I made some during a 24 hour DND stream and it was like the elixir of the gods.

My favourite summer cocktail is a bastard version of the Caparinha.

Pint glass, cut half a lime and a table spoon of brown sugar. Crush. Crush some ice and fill the glass with the larger chunks (leave the small bits for the end). Fill with Cachaça (or a light rum). Mix. put the remain small ice on the top for effect.

Drink slowly, you shouldn’t let the melting ice stick too far out the drink. Or drink quickly and get hammered.

1 Like

Flavour tip: Use juice like you used to use concentrate.

in what fucked up alternate reality does Jägermeister taste like black licorish
dont get me wrong jägermeister is based
but its a Kräuterlikör (herbal liqueur) it tastes nothing like licorice

1 Like

Speaking of Jägermeister, I’m a big fan of a Bed of Roses, which is basically a sour.

1 1/2 oz jäger, 2 oz lemon juice, 1 oz grenadine, and 1/2 oz lime juice, shaken. Delightfully tart (almost overwhelmingly so, though).

If you hate yourself too, a peach redbull jäger bomb is so much better than it has any right to be, one of the small 8.4oz cans and 2oz of Jäger is what I usually do

Personaly i dont generaly go for elaborate mixes
beer, rum cola, whiskey cola
vodka with orangejuice or ice tea

if im at a fancy bar i might get long island
but why bother when you’re at home or at a houseparty

1 Like

Mixers for a peach based alcohol would be acidic and/or sweet. I would personally recommend lemonade as a mixer. But you could try orange or pineapple juice too.

I’ve done iced tea and lemonade. Wasn’t bad but definitely not a favorite. The peach flavor is just not a hit for me

toilet water, very unique experience, especially if it’s been fermenting a while

I’ve been getting into gin lately. If you want something fancy, i recommend getting a monkey 47, a nice tonic (I have a local one that I love), lemon peel and ice, refreshing as all hell.
If you don’t want fancy, Gordons, 7up, lemon peel and ice still work.

1 Like

There’s this stuff called “Jackson Morgan Southern Cream” and it’s really quite good.
which-flavor-are-you@2x
Notably I’m not an alcohol guy (I’m the Maggot Guy lmao) but I did like this when I was in your position

1 Like

2 Likes

Did you seriously google dragon cum and then find this and post it here

2 Likes

I’ve known about this image for years, I intend to make it my first drink once I hit 21 for shits and giggles