Discuss ERP, Racism, Zero Tolerance and Unappealable here

At the beginning of June I drafted up a point system for notes; more than x points when getting a new note = ban for (points/3) days. Points exceeding a certain amount result in permanent ban until vouch. Points would automatically fall off over time spent actively playing without getting in trouble. It was pretty well received and I don’t think anyone disliked the idea, but it needs a coder to be implemented.

The system could provide a recommended ban length for offenses and nice tracking of how much a player spends shitting up a server vs being a good player. Regulars sometimes appear to be worse shitters than they are simply by nature of how many hours they log here; Obsessed player getting in trouble for one round in every fifty might be getting in trouble once a week. Casual player doing the same thing one in every fifty rounds might be getting in trouble once every other month. Both offer the same net-gain to the server, but which do you think gets in more trouble?

1 Like

Would points decrease over playtime or over normal time? Is it possible to go in the “negative” as a sort of “good job”?

Yep, up to a cap - rewarding players that are in the negative.

1 Like

racism on spess station is ok

13 Likes

Unappealable bans shouldn’t be a thing. All bans should be appealable. You want to ban on zero tolerance rules? sure. But the people you ban HAVE to have a chance to try again. People change (most of the time, there are some exceptions) and a person who really wants to come back and play on the server badly should be given that chance. If they are a shitter, then ban them again. If someone is perma banned, and successfully appeals, put them on parole. If they repeat the bahavior within a certain time, then ban them again, with a harsher requirement for appeal.

As far as the “Velvet Issue” goes, they should get unbanned. Unappealable is just an excuse. You dont want to deal with it, so you say its unappealable and ignore it. The worst part is that the ban was BEFORE it was unappealable, and you just retconned that over it so that you could ignore it.

TLDR; Unappealable bad, unbean he

8 Likes

further comment on Velvet’s ban appeal

reply to @RodBoward :
oh u must be one of the mean nasty (bitter too ig?) internet racists then. the policy wasn’t in place when she got banned, which shows (clearly shows) that they just used victor and velvet’s indiscretion lol to make a point to everyone else that plays on Bee.

reply to @Ruko :

You know I’d take your word for it if it wasn’t YOUR admin team that helped humiliate these people. What happened was fucked up, and THAT alone should be the reason they get unbanned.

1 Like

Why would you unban erpers

idk i think u should ask Ruko LOL

You are some other brand of autistic. I’m not banned and ERP being banned was in place you moron, it always has been. The ONLY part that was added was it being unappealable. You want to, on one hand, bitch about how you aren’t going to have players, then you want to ban more players. Why is racism a permanent unappealable ban and outright REMOVAL FROM THE COMMUNITY, but you can ERP on a server with children consequence free? It’s a fucked up world where you want children being exposed to sexual content, but you think it’s the racism that’ll really scar them. What in the actual fuck is wrong with you?

5 Likes

dude for some reason i feel surprised when racists act delusional, but then i remember that racism IS a delusion DR SEUSS

Not the hero bee deserves.

That’s about as twisted of a perspective as you can get.

Gamer words are given several chances with light punishments early on, and we don’t deduce someone as being genuinely racist from them saying one thing one time either. The bans become unappealable not because of the racism alone, but because of the conduct after the bans have stepped up. - Average_Joe22 evaded his ban just to declare he was racist and would never follow the community guidelines, so he was given the true removal. His game-ban ended on accident after that and in a single round he bypassed several times and spouted random inane shit like he was trying to get the ban re-instated.

On the flipside, Erotic content is met with an immediate and harsh ban - the only argument this thread is raising is whether it should be totally unappealable or not. I don’t see how you can call a three month ban before even being considered for an unban “consequence free”

1 Like

Not to mention Rublax.

Still not sure why u don’t bring up the Xylana player report, but I agree w u.

I am not that confident in banning slurs, especially when there are ppl who can and should be able to use those slurs that play on Bee.

@RodBoward i think you’re miserable :man_shrugging:

not my thread anymore lollll

also to say Victor and Velvet are child molesters bc what they did was in the vicinity of children, is, to me, a bit of a leap. I think what they did opens the door to questioning, but not conclusions

Because the keywords are “zero tolerance” “unappealabe” and “permanent”. Unbanning ANY of the two goes against all three.

Wasn’t talking about Joe, but ok.

If you want erotic content gone then keep it gone. You deleted every book in the library, started banning people for copypasta, but you want two people ERP’d back? You could probably win Gold with the mental gymnastics you’re trying to pull here.

5 Likes

You’re one to talk lol

I don’t know why I even bothered responding the first time knowing how you handle things you disagree with. You act like unfair punishments have been handed out and people haven’t been repeatedly warned to stop. You also act like we’re openly inviting erotic content. By your damned logic, we’re also inviting racism every time we don’t irrevocably ban for the first offense because someone bypassed the filter.

Since my early days of ss13 i realized that this game is racism simulator.
It for sure improved but you would get attacked so much on non human race and literally experience what nazis would do to jews.
So imo gamer words werent the problem but the spirit of racism in ss13, i got used to it.

bruh do i speak english

We are an outlier server in that we have both the strictest anything-that-can-be-called-“ERP” rules as well as lacking a 18+ only rule.

I’ve already argued in my ban appeal precisely why both aspects are dumb, so the rules should be changed to distinguish between PG-12 talk and the type of hardcore ERP that actually happens on dedicated ERP servers (it’s simple enough to just add that flirting is not ERP), as well as add a 18+ don’t ask don’t tell policy (like every other tg fork) since it’s needed for all the violent and gorey content that already exists in the game, and the codebase license requires us to copy it.

Until that changes I can’t support any bans being zero tolerance nor unappealable.

False on both counts.