Ban Type:

Role

Ban Length:

1 day

Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):

2019/08/03/

Round ID:

Ban Reason:

Permanently removed HoP from the round for having AA and protecting his own workplace against armed intruders. Security is meant to protect the station against threats, and demoting/killing a head of staff for little to no reason is not “protecting the station against threats”, it’s becoming one.

Appeal Reason:

It was overturned and not handled exceptionally well from the start.

Hello to you all dear admins, moderators and fellow users as me!

I’m here today to have this ban removed from my record, as it was factually removed years ago, when it was issued.

At the time I filed a staff report about this very incident and not only the ban was lifted, but I was given an antag token too, after the admin team(of the time) considered some issues around the ban. Unluckily I fear the post got deleted when qwerty(I hope he’s fine and well!)deleted the entirety of this forum, a while back. A comma where it shouldn’t have been, I guess.

Having been years, and taking into consideration that my memory isn’t exactly top notch, I’ll do my best to recount the facts as I remembered them.

I joined not at shift start as HOS. Low or 0 security at that moment. The instant I got on station I heard talking of a murder and at least one person confirmed the name of the murderer, the HOP, and the circumstances(If I’m still remembering correctly) while I was on my way to the arrest.

The hop murdered a crew member in front of everyone, switching immediately to lethals, when someone supposedly tried to break into his office from his line. It was a single person and not multiple assailants as the ban states, if I’m not wrong. Maybe the very dead crew member was revived and intercepted me while I was preparing myself for the (very short) manhunt and the arrest? I can’t recollect it more precisely, at the moment.

I apprehended the HOP, that was being played by the admin in question Raging Tuna and dragged him to security. In the meanwhile discovered that he already gave himself AA, even if I think that we had a captain already that shift or that there wasn’t simply any reason for that. To defend the admin in question, even if was never my MO as Hop, a lot of hop players back then gave themselves AA first thing in the round. Still not the brightest of moves, though, at least from a spacelaw perspective. Then I talked with him to hear his side of the story. He completely confirms what happened(he murderging the supposed criminal) and so I sentenced him, as it was the nomal SOP under space law at the time, to permagulag. To be even more honest, spacelaw was considered just a guideline at the time and security and its job resembled far more frontier space sheriffs that the cordials and competent people that we have now. I instead always opted to be cordially harsh, but fair. So to always follow spacelaw, to avoid the bad judgements the heatness of a moment can bring.

After being permagulagged, Raging Tuna then proceeds to… do a bad decision after another.

***** He handles this situation by himself. In his defence, I think there were no other admins online at the moment.
***** He clowns me through his administrative powers, maiming my entire round. Something I didn’t even knew was possible, at the time
***** He then role bans me too

So I made a staff report for this very incident(that seems to have been deleted by that unlucky forum accident by qwerty). Got the ban reverted, got an antag token for this very reason and solved the issue with Raging Tuna(we both spoke with respect and friendship to each other, as we anyway did from the start).

I just want to make clear that even if I spoke briefly and few times with Raging Tuna, I can still remember that all of the interactions with him were pleasant, aside from this very one. And before anyone else would conclude that he was a badmin, I would like to add that we’re all humans, all fallible and that we shouldn’t be judged for 30 minutes of bad calls one after another, when we’re heated. But instead on how we conduct ourselves aside few moments of anger.

Because this ban/note is very severe (!!!) and I’m not the kind of player who does such egregious acts, or at least I still didn’t do anything to warrant such a severe record, I would appreciate it if the administative team can remove it.

I still don’t know why it wasn’t done at the time, I suppose just an oversight? After all years ago the admin team was submerged with ahelps and whatsnot, considering the very different ruleset, playerbase and mentality around the game.

Additional Information:

Thanks to whoever read this!

I hope you’ll have a great day!

1 Like

Yeah we have to keep in mind that it could have been done on Golden back in the days, so such a note on our current MRP ruleset really doesn’t reflect the severity of the act.
Especialy if it was also removed by the admin team it shouldn’t be following you like that.

2 Likes

Holy shit, this is a fucking ancient one.

If im reading it correctly that this occoured on the old forums, it’ll tbqh be difficult to confirm most of the forums side of things. Actualy im not sure we keep any logs from back then either.
So give us a while to look into this

If it does turn out the ban was completely unwaranted in the first place, it should be striken from record yes.
Though with it being expired years ago, it effectively already is. I want to have enough faith in our admins to say that they wouldnt hold a one day ban from over 3 years ago against you.

6 Likes

Well Mr. Eloda, I do not remember now if it was on Golden or on Sage. I mean, for sure it was in the Golden era, but was on Golden? I don’t remember.

If it can help I joined Sage as soon as I knew of its existence, not long after its opening. Don’t know, though. Because I’m a sethtider and I started playing when there was only Golden and then completely switched to Sage, for me I simply play, and always have played almost exclusively, on BeeStation. Never truly made any difference between the servers, because before Sage there was no other server to play on. And shortly after Sage opening I have never played again on Golden. Aside a couple of times just to try to speak to an old friend who remained obstinately on Golden, Ray Finkle(Still missing you, Ray!). Even if I do remember fondly when people from Golden could talk to Sage and viceversa, there was some sort of function to communicate between the captain’s consoles if I’m not wrong. To send messages from one station to the other.

But hey, it happened truly a long time ago, I don’t remember exactly how it worked.

[/quote]

Oh I do absolutely understand that this, being a truly ancient record, will be in some ways a pain to check. So don’t worry, I got absolutely no haste to have it solved, I just want the matter to be looked into, at the administrative team leisure!

And I don’t know about any other old forum, I mean we always had only this one but I remember that Qwerty upgrading its code misspelled a comma or something and erased all the messages?

At least that’s what I recall, but I can absolutely be wrong.

Wouldn’t be the first time! :wink:

If it can help I think Ruediger 9, Carson Lewis or as I usually called him jokingly while playing, Bad Lewis, was involved. In the sense that I remember him being already a full admin looking into the matter at the time and being the first one to make admin Raging Tuna considers that clowning me, and handling his ticket himself, wasn’t exactly the most egregious staff behavior possible.

Haste make nothing right, so feel free to take all the time you need to process/check it!

I completely agree!

I never got bwoinked from the moment I returned to the station but reading the forum sends me very good vibes about the seriousness and the impartiality of all the administrative staff of BeeStation!

As I said I didn’t at the time, and for sure I don’t now, hold a grudge against admin Raging Tuna. He got angry while playing, it happens to the best of us, myself first! The only difference is that I, not being part of the staff, do not have any power to rely on to vent out my anger. And so no occasion to abuse it. But we solved the situations very amicably not even days, but just mere hours after the fact.

I remember opening the report almost right after the round ended.

So hey…

Good deepdive to anyone of you who will start the search!

Safe Winds!

5 Likes

Heyo. Sorry tis took a while.
Ill be honest, i didnt find anything on this.
But considering records do show that you were unbanned later that same day, i dont see any issue with getting rid of these.

admin ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NEVER DEAL WITH ISSUES THEY ARE INVOLVED IN THEMSELVES. Regardless of wether their judgement is found to be acurate and aropriate.

As much as banned shitters like to cry on leddit about how shit bee is, our standarts for admins these days certainly much higher than they were back then, haha!

I have deleted the note, and edited the text of the ban to say it was unwarned and should be ignored.
That should be good enough.

If, for some reason, you realy insitst on not wanting the ban to appear in the history at all, that would require direct edits to the database, which only our host crossed can do. - Shoot me a DM to reopen the thread and asign he.

5 Likes