Devils rework idea ***WIP***

heres my idea to completely rework devil

Devils is notoursly a fucking DOGSHIT gamemode with a really fucking good idea, I think the problem is that its a GAMEMODE, first thing I would do is make it a midround ghostspawn

1. devils arent visible most of the time now they are in a jaunt state

2. devil deals are completely reworked, instead of trading being able to be revived for a shitty power, instead you do a small deal, its effectively “if you do x I give you y, but if you don’t do x ill punish you with z” an example is the clown making a deal to not speak but gains 25 bananium, if he does speak he loses the bananium but also gets punished, in this case being deaf aswell

3. devils instead of having a 6 shitty contracts they instead have many, from spawning items and resources to having a shitty version of varedit, if the “client” wants something the devil cant do on hand they can contact “upper management” (ie admemes) to see if they can arrange a larger deal

4. devils can be summoned, to do so one must find a “dark scripture” found in maints, first one found gets one spawned in for a ghost to be one, second one that is used devils gain the ability to summon basic items, ranging from basic materials to basic weapons, 3rd “summon” will allow the devil to summon better equipment, this can be from bananium all the way to a basic whetstone, 4th summon gives the devil the “varedit” like ability, varying from healing certain attributes to giving certain spells, 5th summon allows devil to enter the material plain, meaning at this point they go from somewhat a benefit to possible antagonist

5. once devils gain the ability to enter real world, they can change their appearence, this is a permanent change but can be any any name and race with any looks but will always have a dark red suit

6. devils arent meant to be killable until they are summoned 5 times, at that which point when killed they will be sent back to the first form

7. to do the summoning one must find various scripts on how to do so, there are multiple ways

• a paper scroll that when used one has to stand still for one minute and the ritual will be complete
    • a spiecal crayon that can draw a rune one time in a certain area (maybe around 10 different areas?) if one person uses the rune a 3 minute timer will happen, for every person on near that rune it will decrease the timer by half
    • a special russian roulette revolver that can only be spun and has unlimited uses, if someone wins 3 times in a row they get a devil summon (and if the devil is friendly a free gift)
    • a knife that can only be used on oneself that will deal large amounts of damage but has a chance to summon the devil (maybe a 33% chance?)
5 Likes

this is still VERY MUCH

WORK IN PROGRESS

Sounds good to me! I like it.

1 Like

Good evening, Britain, my name is Baba Booeey, and welcome to:

(all the audience says together)
This- Shit- Will- Never- Be- Coded- In!

(audience cheers, claps)

4 Likes

I like an idea of devil messing with the crew in fun ways rather than being powerful antag fueling on lack of roleplay.

2 Likes

Ok so how can sec and station at large contest the devil? Do they just tell people not to take deals?

Traditionally, you can reclaim a soul from the devil by hitting someone that made a deal with the devil with their NT contract.

1 Like

Sounds good

inb4 belone’s “WYCI”

added summoning methods

You really need to think less about how these ideas can be gimmicky, and more about how they can be abused.

Like, what keeps devils in check from just giving stuff for free? Clown, I want you to give me a pen > Pen Given > Here, have a fully loaded Seraph, have fun. Looks good in principle, but it really opens many ways to abuse and go around.

How do you play against it? It won’t be really fun to chase around a teleporting antag that one minute is someone in science, the other minute is someone else in engineering.

Use the Codex Gygas to research what the devil’s weakness is, place those weaknesses in a room to prevent him from using magic within that room. It works everywhere except for maints.

Weren’t devil’s weaknesses just roleplay concept without any mechanics behind them?

1 Like

I was thinking more along the lines of a summoning ritual that maybe the curator could do (or maybe just anyone). Bring the devil into the material world and give yourself a chance to kill him at the risk of dying to him yourself

1 Like

Midround antag devil could spawn in a coffin or whatever, and only act when released by crewmembers.

2 Likes

Where will it spawn though?

The issue there is opening the coffin opening the role to ghosts who might not take it, or opening the role the second the coffin is created and having to wait for someone to create it where the coffin would just get spaced by assholes

as i said devil would be in a jaunt like state most of the time making them hard to kill

I like, maybe punish “friendly” devils. Same as xenomorphs

You could just whitelist it for people who actually rp.

Easy solution

5 Likes