CKEY: Gilgax

Your Discord: Gilgax#1777

Offender’s CKEY: DerpiestBruh

Offender’s In-Game Name: Rehn Orbis

Server (Sage or Acacia): Acacia

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 01-18-2022

Round Number: 35501

Rules Broken: Rule 13 - Antagonist Conduct

Incident Description: DerpiestBruh started off as a chemist. A short amount of time into the round they came up to me (as captain) and started beating me up. I got paralysed and they had extreme speed. I managed to escape to the bridge to raise the alert level and they were already waiting there for me where they killed me and took my identity over.
As a ghost I learnt what happened: As a traitor they needed to steal the station’s blueprints, and kill an assistant. They killed the CE before they killed me, so they had access to the blueprints. After that they killed me, took my ID, killed all of sec that tried to stop them. Called the shuttle. In the shuttle they realised there was a newly arrived sec officer, so they went into the sec part of the shuttle and beat them to death.

I believe with the escalation policy they were not allowed to kill command or surrendering security. But I wouldn’t be making this report if all I wrote was all that happened. I’ve been killed multiple times by antagonists. But this person had no reason to other than having AA (after having the CE’s id) to kill me. They often laughed sarcastically with “ahah.” at anyone who made a small slipup trying to take them down. They sec they beat to death at the end of the round was begging for help and they’re new to the profession. They brought down the entire station just for 2 relatively easy objectives. And when confronted at end game OOC, as I asked them to not play antagonist like that again since no one had fun except for maybe them, they simply responed with “ok.”. I’ve seen spacevines roleplay better than they did and I’ve had a round that I died at roundstart by a same department traitor that was more fun.

Additional Information: AI with crewsimov was NekOS (CKEY: SiennaReys), the sec that got beaten at the end was Jacob D.A.W. (CKEY: Jacobthegamer070)
It’s possible that the round number is wrong since I took it from memory, but the round ended at around 19:56 Eastern Time.

sec and command are free game to be killed by any antag at any time

6 Likes

Can’t speak for this incident in particular since I haven’t actually gone over any logs, however like Heepox said killing security/command isn’t unreasonable.

R13 Antagonist conduct specifically says antagonists can kill security through low collateral methods.

As for killing the captain that usually is covered by “Isolated killings and kills that reasonably assist with your objectives are not murderboning.” as the equipment captains carry around can prove extremely useful.

1 Like

I still believe that DerpiestBruh, didn’t, at any point, feel threatened by the skeleton crew, on every performance enhancing drug possible, with full AA. They did it because they could. But yeah, it’s true that it’s in the rules that you can preemptively kill security, and gaining that sliver of AA that the CE didn’t have maybe helped, like calling the shuttle to end the round as soon as possible, but it goes against what rule 13’s about, you know, the bold part “Succeeding as an antagonist is not the “goal” of SS13, the goal is for all players to have fun.

I was also baseing more on the escalation policy page in the Beestation wiki (can’t link it), where it states that traitors “may kill their objective targets, players interfering with the completion objectives and witness to their crimes even if the other player does not initiate conflict.”. If we assume that “objective targets” includes any target that gives you an advantage at achieving your goal, I guess killing the entire server would be okay, since you would have the theoretical access to all departments and no one stopping you, no matter the objective.

This doesn’t break any rules right now. As someone already sad, security and command may be preemptively killed at any time as an antagonist. You don’t need a reason beyond them being security or command.

7 Likes

Playing command come with a risk of being killed just because, even when youre not playing Pseudo Sec command, it is how it is.

Is it rude round removing someone (Command) that have nothing to do with your objective? Yes

Does it break any rule? No

And with current ruling, if an antag ignore their objective only to go kill sec and command, its all good, as antag (Traitor, Ling, non team/convertion) are free to ignore their objective.

I will explain my story later, just woke up

2 Likes

They killed the CE before they killed me, so they had access to the blueprints.

I found the CE in critical condition in departures, which was really close to med since it was pubbystation. My big brain decided taking his ID to get the blueprints in his locker… instead of looting his bag which contained the blueprints all the time. I brought the CE to medbay and threw him in a cryo chamber.

The AI, NekOS, who was actually observing me, tried to lock me down cause it saw what I took away from him. I escaped via disposals, I don’t remember much what happened minutes after, asides from killing my target and dealing with the magician with the rat mask too?

calling the shuttle to end the round as soon as possible

IIRC the round was reaching it’s one hour mark, there was this person wishing for a shuttle call due to the lack of power around the station, mass death, the engine not being set up, the AI deactivated by no power and engineering itself all siphoned and bolted down by the AI thinking I was a ling until I mentioned I was using meth in command comms. Later in the round didn’t overuse meth as I did early cause I forgot to create mannitol to treat my brain damage. I ordered the AI to make mannitol but then I splashed it on myself accidentally.

I tried to save the AI by thermiting the satellite open and taking it to a powered place, but then realized I had no intellicard, AI probably still having bolts activated and the constant contradictions in my mind about what I was doing struck hard and made me giving up really fast.

1 Like

“Antagonists may kill their objective targets, players interfering with the completion objectives and witness to their crimes even if the other player does not initiate conflict. For any conflicts unrelated to objectives, antagonists follow Lavaland escalation - be careful who you mess with. Being intentionally obvious in order to chase down and kill “witnesses” will be classified as murderbone.

Antagonists may do anything as long as it reasonably assists with their objectives. (and isn’t straight up grief/murderbone unless hijack/martyr)

Killing the Captain to grab the AA ID, and other assorted Captain loot reasonably assists with steal and kill objectives.

R13.4.3: “Security may be considered a threat and may be pre-emptively eliminated without provocation, but low-collateral methods must be used to eliminate them. Bombing the security wing is not considered low-collateral.”

Even surrendering security, as defined here, are still security, and may be eliminated. Sleeping Carp is a low-collateral method, as it’s a martial art, not a TTV sent straight to the brig.

Having looked over this I don’t really see any rulebreaks. If you’re playing Captain you should expect to be a possible target, however this doesn’t apply IC until you’ve witnessed hostile activity. Going to mark this appropiately now.

1 Like