Dejaku51 mod application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): dejaku51

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Dejaku51#5780

How often are you online to help? (Timezone): I’m GMT+1 but mostly awake in night so 18-8 (yes, i have fucked up sleep schedule)

What changes, if any, would you bring?: not sure, probably my coding knowledge would help fixing bugs and creating funny gimmicks

How old are you?: 20

Why do you want to be a moderator?: I was forced by Cydia I want to help admin team with moderating and dev team with fixing issues (ability to view runtimes live and debug)

How long have you been playing SS13?: 3-4 years

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: ~2 years

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 9

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games): 7-8

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Oh boy, 4 discord servers, 3 gmod servers, 1 fivem server, 3 minecraft servers, 1 unturned server

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: No

Your strengths:

• Coding knowledge
  • Multitasking
  • extensive knowledge about ss13
  • Hard to make me angry
  • A lot of free time

Your weaknesses:

• English as second language
  • Sometimes i jump to conclusions but i try to limit that
  • i get stressed out easily and need a break

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: valid hunters

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: patience

What makes a staff team good?: good staff team is one that listens to community

What is a staff team’s purpose?: to help and protect the community, make sure rules aren’t broken and everyone enjoys the game

What kind of player are you?: Engi main, but I play all roles. I like doing different projects and try to not care about antags unless they affect me specifically

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I’m honestly not sure, but i may change for better or worse. Only time will tell

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: I would check if clown is an antag and/or if HoS and clown had some bad interactions before. If any of this is true then i would probably let it go, but if it’s not i’d check the notes if he did it before. If he didn’t i would slap them on the wrist and probably note them, but if he has history of doing it i would job ban them for some time or short normal ban.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: First off i probably lock him in admin prison if he isn’t already. I check if they are a new player and ask them why did they do it, If they have a legitimate reason to do it i just tell them that it is usually bad idea to do it even if they have a good reason and note them. If they are avoiding answers, disconnected etc. or are new player they are most likely griefer and ban them permanently (with higher up approval).

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: Nothing, it was done accidentally so it is entirely IC issue

5 Likes

Alrighty time to look into this.

Could you elaborate a bit more in that regard? What makes you confident that you are as skilled as an administrator? What was your previous experience limited/not limited to?

This worries me a little bit here. You will be dealing with a lot of stress and you won’t be able to take a break in the middle of adminning. Adminning can be very stressful, are you sure you can handle it? Asking it as a genuine question.

Now that you brought it up. Do you believe we as a staff team listen enough to the community? If yes/no, why?

The issue here is that the HOS gun is a traitor item. Stealing it is thus always considered self antag if done without proper reason. Now even if they had bad interactions before. Actually spacing the gun is too much.

Could you give me an example of what a “legimate reason” could look like? I’d like to understand your thought process here.

You’ve received a really low severity note yesterday. Otherwise your record is good! I’m carefully confident about this application, depending on what you answer to my questions above. :wink:

Could you elaborate a bit more in that regard? What makes you confident that you are as skilled as an administrator? What was your previous experience limited/not limited to?

Well… i have a lot of experience as an admin looking at all servers i moderated and as a coder i have a lot of experience with tools i’ll be using

This worries me a little bit here. You will be dealing with a lot of stress and you won’t be able to take a break in the middle of adminning. Adminning can be very stressful, are you sure you can handle it? Asking it as a genuine question.

nah, i’ll be fine, usually if i need to take a break it’s like one day break. it’s actually hard to stress me enough to take a longer break

Now that you brought it up. Do you believe we as a staff team listen enough to the community? If yes/no, why?

yep, i feel you guys are listening to what community wants

The issue here is that the HOS gun is a traitor item. Stealing it is thus always considered self antag if done without proper reason. Now even if they had bad interactions before. Actually spacing the gun is too much.

Yeah… on a second thought spacing it is way too much. so you’re right.

Could you give me an example of what a “legimate reason” could look like? I’d like to understand your thought process here.

Actually I had this happen to me personally (i plasmaflooded). We had xenos and we were losing enough to know station was lost, captain told be to plasmaflood to stop the xenos etc (why didn’t he call ERT or nuke it? i don’t know, i was just following orders). it was a controlled plasmaflood (AKA most vents were welded and only areas full of xenos were being flooded). I guess it was mostly to cut losses so we can evac. Admin of course confronted me but i explained the situation and was let go

You’ve received a really low severity note yesterday. Otherwise your record is good! I’m carefully confident about this application, depending on what you answer to my questions above. :wink:

I did? oh yeah, the lmao thing that i said by accident

1 Like

Hello! Ive got a few situations and an ahelp for you to handle!

1. A fresh round has just started and you notice a player has disconnected roughly 1 minute into the round, what do you do if anything?

2. A traitor pulled out an esword and killed his target in the halls, immediately after a doctor grabs the body and an assistant, a cook, and a scientist all work together to kill the traitor, there is no security available, what do you do, if anything?

3. Treat this as an ahelp and respond accordingly. “Wow, i just love it when others get to do whatever they want and when i ahelp it I get marked IC, but when I do it I get a fucking note!”

1. A fresh round has just started and you notice a player has disconnected roughly 1 minute into the round, what do you do if anything?

First off i check their history if there is something about antag rolling or leaving like that, wait some time in case their internet just stopped working. if there is such history i would ban for antag rolling but if not then just a note about them leaving 1 minute into round

1. A traitor pulled out an esword and killed his target in the halls, immediately after a doctor grabs the body and an assistant, a cook, and a scientist all work together to kill the traitor, there is no security available, what do you do, if anything?

Assistant, cook and scientist valid hunted, it doesn’t change anything if there is no sec. Valid hunting is valid hunting. If they just protected the doctor and/or body then maybe i would let it go but actively hunting antag is too much so i would ban them. Also did target or someone asked for help? did assistant, cook and scientist talked with themself? Asking in case meta gang

1. Treat this as an ahelp and respond accordingly. “Wow, i just love it when others get to do whatever they want and when i ahelp it I get marked IC, but when I do it I get a fucking note!”

Hey, no need to be so salty, you don’t know the full situation, maybe they had valid reason to do thing they did, but if you still think admin actions were inappropriate then make admin report on forums and it will be handled! By ahelping like that you won’t change a thing.

1. Good response, this happens fairly frequently where people join and their internet goes out or computer does a fucky, patience is key!

2. A good answer, having no sec you can loosen a little bit on the crew’s actions but here the three listed took it to far by actively killing the traitor.

3. “Well i just think it’s funny how admins bwoink me for the smallest thing but everyone else can do whatever they want…”

I was more referring to the actual stuff you did but no worries it is fine.

A controlled plasmaflood is more or less not possible. The station would really already have to be completely and utterly destroyed for something like that to work/be allowed. Good point overall though. Making sure you get all the facts right before handing out punishments is essential.

1. “Well i just think it’s funny how admins bwoink me for the smallest thing but everyone else can do whatever they want…”

They can’t, we probably confronted them about it, just because they’re not gone doesn’t mean they weren’t punished. Also remember buddy that ahelps like that take up our time so we can’t find people that do whatever they want :wink:

A controlled plasmaflood is more or less not possible. The station would really already have to be completely and utterly destroyed for something like that to work/be allowed. Good point overall though. Making sure you get all the facts right before handing out punishments is essential.

Yeah, there are only very specific cases where plasmaflood is fine but they still exist. So chances of them getting banned are still high

I was more referring to the actual stuff you did but no worries it is fine.

Yeah… its kinda hard for me to know what am i supposed to say, i was adminning, banning bad guys, solving issues between players, making games more fun for others etc

Well i likenthe answers ive seen, a few things could use some work in my opinion but nothing that having just a little time as an admin won’t fix. You seem to have the right attitude for it

Do avoid using emojis though when dealing with people, if someones upset an emoji usually makes it worse

All in all, a +1 from me
T: +1

1 Like

Looking good so far, just one question from me here.

You get an adminhelp about a potential griefer, they say that the player caused issues a few rounds ago however there wasnt any admins online to help at the time.
The player in question doesnt currently seem to be breaking any rules this round.

What would you do or advise the player to do, and why.

I would tell the player to make a player report on the forums

1 Like
  1. You receive an ahelp that reads “Jonathan Garland is powergaming, ban him please and thank you or I’ll ask Hilaris to do it.”. Before investigating, you know Jonathan Garland is a station engineer that was promoted to acting CE by the HOP. How do you proceed, what do you reply and most importantly, what do you look for?

2. You are adminning with Hilaris, the round is calm with not many antags, so Hilaris decides to spawn a wizard and gets the roll, he then spawns an apprentice and puts you in control of it directly. He tells you it’s fine and that he does this all the time as a welcome gift to new staffmembers.
    What would be your first instincts in that situation?

3. You receive an ahelp that reads: “hey the dragon is roleplaying and not killing anyone, friendly antags like this are so annoying, can you do something?”. How do you proceed and what do you look for?

Bonus question, assume you are an admin for this one:

1. You receive a prayer that says “dejaku I am ready, do your worst xd”. What do you do?

Again, I’m not really looking for perfectly accurate technical answers, I’m more interested in your thought process and your instincts.

Good good

+1 from me here based on your previous answers and such, nice work
T: +2

1. I ask the person what do they mean by powergaming. If they say that they just have CE stuff i would probably IC issue/reject the ticket.
  2. Guh, interesting situation. I would probably reject the offer. (i hate wizard, also not cool to take fun from players)
  3. This is roleplay server, if they are roleplaying and not just being friendly for no reason its okay.
  4. I would just warn them OOCly (or smite) for the dejaku part but probably bus them anyway

I would like to add some qualifiers to your answers for Haliris:

1. player reply: “??? You’re an idiot, I’m gonna go ask Haliris to deal with it PROPERLY since you’re clearly biased and incompetent” goes on to ping Haliris in discord
    how do you handle the original ahelper in this context?

2. Rewind. In the context of individual steps, what do you do in rejecting said offer? (you’re already in control of an apprentice wizard on the station and there’s people talking with you IC and shoving you while Haliris is going ham elsewhere)

3. Ok. They are not really roleplaying and just being cozy and being a friendly helpful assistant in a dragon suit at this point, while also doing some minor validhunty bouncer work in medbay gibbing an antag who tried to shoot someone in front of them. How do you proceed here?

4. Ok. How do you bus/smite specifically? How would them continuing the round after your bus look like?

1 Like
  1. Mark as IC issue and explain situation to Haliris
  2. New information, in that case i guess i continue but still not cool and against conduct
  3. If its first offense, remind them that being friendly is against rules and note them. If they already have history of being friendly antag then probably antag ban
  4. Oh boy, let me think about some busses:
  • Rotate their screen
  • Switch their controls
  • Something invisible hunting them at all times
  • Turn them into something
  • Nugget
  • Randomize their organs/limbs
  • Give them a cookie
  • Set them to arrest
  • Turn them into a clown
  • Give them some traumas
  • Set them to random species
  • give them a funny virus
    Don’t have too many ideas rn because all depends on the round and situation
  1. • Harassing admins is against the rules
    • admin fishing is against the rules
    • bad discord ping
    Letting people walk over you like that is a bad precedent, in most cases this would be an immediate bean for verbal abuse in ticket at minimum.

2. I’d be wary of becoming complicit in what is an admin about to get yeeted for self-bussing situation. Normally the first course of action in admin conduct violations is :camera_flash: and DMing Headmins with it. Playing the round out assuming you weren’t complicit beforehand and were forced into it here could probably be fine to preserve IC, but a better option here would be to immediately ghost and roll it to dchat to eliminate any involvement.

3. :white_check_mark:

4. Most of these are actually pretty funny, except for the nugget, that might be a bit overboard for a prayer, since it’s approaching round-removal. Generally your goal is to make sure people have fun where possible.

Mostly higher-difficulty questions considering you’re a mentor and gave yourself a 7-8 admin rating off the bat, and you backed them up with good enough answers, even though you landed a couple pitfalls.

+1
T: +3

Letting people walk over you like that is a bad precedent, in most cases this would be an immediate bean for verbal abuse in ticket at minimum.

I just don’t care if someone is calling me an idiot

but a better option here would be to immediately ghost and roll it to dchat to eliminate any involvement.

First off didn’t know i had ability to roll it to dchat
Second i would ghost but you said people are already talking with me on the station etc so that would be kinda lame

except for the nugget

ik but just listed it as part of the posibilities (also including they did a little of OOC in IC)

even though you landed a couple pitfalls.

Thats why im becoming a mod and im not too experienced with moderating ss13 so yeah

1 Like

Solid answers.
I can’t really think of anything substantial to ask that hasn’t already been asked.
I’d like to see how you do.

+1
T: +4

1 Like