Defamation Ban Appeal

Discord ID: A Can Opener#5121

Admin Discord ID: Ruko#7940

Ban Type: Discord

Ban Length: Permanent

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 7/12/2020

Ban Reason: Always been a full-time troll in the community, used to be a welcome one that made harmless shitposts and enjoyed the game with friends. Now has dedicated themselves full-time to making the server burn and is taking part in the defamation videos.

Appeal Reason: the video only used things in the discord and forum, it did not say anything that hadn’t been said and just summarized what has been happening. If I am banned for a compilation of what was said, shouldn’t everyone who said anything in my video also be banned?

Additional Information: None

20 Likes

Under common law, to constitute defamation, a claim must generally be false and must have been made to someone other than the person defamed.

There was no claim made, and what was said isn’t false. Therefore, it is not defamation.

23 Likes

Inb4 Ruko says that the video had absolutely nothing to do with Win’s ban

1 Like

I think it would help with a lot of the community backlash here if there was more transperancy to the ban of winrawr;

i.e some of the praticulary bad shitposts that would lead to a permaban

otherwise it really does seem like its for the video when they can give no other examples other than some vague handwave.

as a regular fourm lurker they’ve never stood out to me, like at all.

2 Likes

I really see no reason why this man was banned, does this mean everyone that critiques us should be permabanned? Windows does it admittedly in a less usual form but we as admins should be able to take it.

1 Like

This shit is becoming a bit silly. Doubling down and lashing out like this against an active community member for making a video that just shows whats on the forum and discord for anyone to see is ridiculous.

Bee staff should chill the fuck out and perhaps self-reflect a bit on the current events because this is some bad conduct and just seems like a ‘‘you disagree, you’re gone’’.

Alternatively you could always make a skillshare on how to sabotage a server

8 Likes

good lord JUST DEMOTE RUKO ALREADY

2 Likes

yes @Crossedfall Go ahead and pin all of this mess on Ruko bc i’m sure u had nothing to do with it!

@GameAdmin can we get some more responses on this?

Aside from the video, you’ve been pretty cool in my experience

But honestly, what is wrong with the video? Why do you find it “not cool”?

1 Like

March on! Heroes of [every race]
The great Beeist Party leads us in continuing the [Long March]
Millions with but one heart toward a [Beeist tomorrow]
Bravely struggle to develop and protect the motherland.
March on! March on, March on!
We will for many generations
Raise high [Crossedfall’s banner] March on!
Raise high [Crossedfall’s banner] March on!
March on! March on! On!

12 Likes

all hail bee and the emperor ruko of pooh

1 Like

People used to do this shit back when I was Head Admin too. They never got banned for it though. Not only is it a shitty thing to do, it also sets a bad precedent for the future which can be misused. This is coming from someone who fucking hated dealing with these same people.

5 Likes

no no no HOW DARE YOU question ruko of pooh

1 Like

This.

Breh i’m a fucking furry and even I chuckled at the fucking “furries are cringe” memes thrown at me.

Also might as well ban anyone who yelled at Kev due to the pig/loli controversy. The guy literally just summarized the post.

2 Likes

I’ve spoken with Ruko on this. It was an honest mistake. He thought that you were WindowsError and you got caught up in that ban. Since that’s obviously not you and the videos you made were honestly fine for what the context was, this is being reversed.

I’m sure he’ll end up apologizing too, but I’ll preemptively say that we’re sorry for the confusion. Ping me if you rejoin our discord and I’ll give you all the roles back.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 16 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.