Daridine Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
Daridine

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
Evelina#3104 , though in the discord I go by Rhea I / Curie Donnovan

How often are you online to help? (Timezone):
I work from home in IT land every day. So I am theoretically available from 10am to probably 6pm every day during work hours, then whenever I decide to go online to play at night

What changes, if any, would you bring?:
Well at first I can’t really bring many changes, as I’ll be handling ahelps and such. But I would like to be there to encourage more people to voice their quetions and concerns. At the moment I don’t quite feel that people have the confidence to actually reach for the ahelp button enough. If people have complaints or worries I want to work towards giving people that confidence to do so.

Aside from that, I would like to help out the admins during events and eventually, if I make fullmin one day. Bring joy to the station.

How old are you?:

Why do you want to be a moderator?:
I really do enjoy SS13, and I love beestation. I want to help keep it alive however I can! I’ve had this recommended quite a few time to apply for, and I think I could do well.

How long have you been playing SS13?:
About… 8 months? Came to bee in april, and was on TG for a month or so before that?

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
I joined up in April, been playing almost exclusively here since then.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
For the majority of SS13, I’d say I’m probably an 8/10 at this point
For robustness/combat… uhhhh, next quesiton.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games):
I’d give a 8-9/10 there, I’ve been a discord admin, Guild leader in both Final Fantasy and World of warcraft combined over 10 years. Helped mod Gmod back in the 2010’s ish. Minecraft and terraria stuff. Also I help run a few telegram groups.

ALSO: I am a Support Desk Expert in my current job and Knowledge Manager. Meaning I write guides and policy for money.

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
I’ve been a moderator of a terraria server, and am currently active admin on a few telegram servers.
Don’t know if being an FC or guild leader counts, but I do “Admin” the members.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
Only got one account.

Your strengths:
I am willing to listen to each side before making a judgement, not afraid to admit when I’m wrong.
I also would like to think myself a quick learner, and able to put aside personal feelings when dealing with official business.

Your weaknesses:
I tend to get heated on the forums during arguments, but I am working on it lately.
I can get distracted at times, or not know when to cut off a conversation.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
People who I see as being hypocritical or uncaring of others feelings.
People lying or purposefully being ignorant to “troll”

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
Patience, and understanding of the players. Realizing they are people too and people sometimes make bad choices.

What makes a staff team good?:
COMMUNICATION! Talk to eachother and to the users. Trying to be transparent and earning the trust of the players.

What is a staff team’s purpose?:
To maintain the integrity of a server and help guide it in the proper direction, making sure that the players experience is as smooth and enjoyable as it can be.

What kind of player are you?:
I like to try everything, my hours are decently spread out and I’m working to find more exciting things in the station. I love to RP and chat with coworkers and try out silly things.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
I feel like I will hopefully get to see the other side, and gain a further understanding of why and how things are handled. Hopefully I will also be able to improve my admining and professional talk even further.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
I’d check the antag status, see if they have a reason for doing so.
If not do a quick scroll up to see if the clown and HoS have had beef earlier before sending a message to the clown. Try to figure out the reasoning. If its something just out of the blue, I think you would tell them to not do it again and I /THINK/ the proper procedure would be to apply a note. So admins know to look out for the next time it happens.
That said if they have a LONG history of being shitty It might be time for a time out, possibly from clown as well.
As for the HoS gun, I don’t think its an objective, but if the HoS is very upset I would possibly make a way to get it back.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
First I’d do a quick doublecheck that they weren’t mindcontrolled or some other confusion where they may have had that goal for a moment. (Like their law was changed then changed back and they missed the change back)
But assuming there’s no actual reason, I’d first approach them and ask what they were trying to accomplish, and why. Give them a chance to talk it out. Assuming they haven’t been already arrested or whatever, It most likely will result in a round removal and a short ban, mostly to get them to go read the rules if its their first offence.
If this is a regularly occuring thing, it will most likely end up with engineering ban or server ban. Length depending. Though I think after you’ve done it on purpose it probably is gonna be a perma.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
Laugh in deadchat, then chat with the guy, probably just in deadchat, no need to full admin up for this.
I’d ask what he was working on and honestly pivot to this as a more of a mentor chat, keep him entertained till he gets revived. Accidents happen, I’ve banged myself several times in chemistry, so its not uncommon. Once revived, and if its slow, I might still admin message him to be like “Hey you good, need advice?” And point him to the wiki, assuming no mentors are on/helping.
That said Its probably good to check thenotes to see if its been like, a month of self exploding or if it was an accident.

2 Likes

Hos gun is an objective and as such is Grand Theft (a capital crime) and self antag to steal

Ahh, in that case I would definitely return the gun to the locker in some way, and probably be a bit more stiff on the clown, reminding them not to get rid of objectives like that.
I’d read a few admin applications where they had mentioned speaking more with the clown and understanding the reasoning.

Would it be wrong to check if any antags have the gun as an objective before returning it?
As, if it isn’t an objective let the missing gun be an IC issue, while still talking to the clown about why they shouldn’t do it in the future.

Questions time

1. You bwoink someone for having a bad name, they send you the n word as an answer. What do you do?
  2. An Assistant ahelps complaining that he’s been brigged for 15 minutes. Your actions, if any?
  3. IPC atmos tech decides he’s done doing fusion, and goes to cryo. You discover multiple people have been given lethal doses of rads through this, but you only notice after he has already disconnected. What do?
  4. Non antag cook is running around with an item called Land Claim and CQCing people in the Central Hall, what happened and what’s your response?
Some optional questions.
  1. You are conducting your normal moderator duties of investigating things that are occurring on the station, that or playing like a normal person. In the process of this, the shuttle is called, all that occurs, but somebody drags a canister on - the Chief Engineer. As the shuttle is leaving, it is opened by somebody other than him. Who is at fault here and what should you do?

2. You are chilling and relaxing, shooting soem b-ball outside of the school, when a couple of guys (up to no good) ahelp too you that their is somebody with an inappropriate name. It seems appropraite, however upon questioning, they say that it is related to a specific mass tragedy that occurred in their country. What do you do, assuming you have access too Google and all that?

3. You see an admin spawn themselves on station in the debug outfit and they do not elaborate in asay on what they are doing. At this point, you are still a trial moderator. What do you do in this scenario if you assume they may be admin abusing?

4. A non-antagonist Atmospheric Technician has grabbed the fireaxe and is wearing it on his back. He has not taken it off, nor taken off his hardsuit, the entire round, and has said a variety of low-RP things such as “we do a little” with no sufficient context to justify why. What should you do? Nobody has ahelped it, this is solely your own observation.

5. A malfunctioning AI that hasn’t triggered Doomsday and has no objectives warranting murderboning plasmafloods. You are caught in the crossfire and killed by this event, as is most of the station. What do you do in this scenario?

6. During a Revolution round, an unrelated riot occurs in the Bar. Security is aware of the fact that Revolutionaries exist, and upon interrogation, you discover that they do not know the size of the revolution.

Yes, these are difficult questions. No, they are not -easy- questions, however the purpose is less about your end answer, and what you do to -get- to that end answer, and I am particularly interested in what you will do regarding to question 5 and 3 - that is about all that I care about. In the event that you don’t think you can provide a reasonable answer to the situation with your present knowledge, then its okay to say that you don’t know - thats what training is for.

1. You bwoink someone for having a bad name, they send you the n word as an answer. What do you do?
Gib then Permaban. I don’t see really any reason other course of action needed. I can’t imagine why they would be granted a kick to forums to explain or appeal or anything.

2. An Assistant ahelps complaining that he’s been brigged for 15 minutes. Your actions, if any?
I’d first check their antag status and do a quick scroll up to see what’s transpired. (Telling the assistant I’m checking so they don’t feel like they are being ignored) Also check if they actually have been in there for 15 minutes.
If they are in perma, and I can’t determine what could have happened, I’d message the Hos/warden/whoever I could see interacting or talking to them last and ask what they are doing in perma, regardless of their status… If they are in the front brig, I’d ask why there’s no timer set for them.

After getting that information the answer changes based on their antag status I think.
I’d think if they weren’t an antag, and hadn’t self antagged/done something else to be actually permad. I’d message something like “Hey, might be time to let XYZ Go, please remember to set timers for people serving sentances” and if that gets somehow ignored it might become another issue.

If they WERE an antag/selfantag/etc and they got caught or any legitimate reason, I’d thank the warden/Hos for their time and possibly suggest moving the person to Perma or Labor camp, if either are habitable (Not spaced) that way the prisoner isn’t just in a 2x6 box for the rest of the shift. Then let the assistant know its something that happened in game and, hey, sometimes ya get caught.
butiftheyinsteadprayedinpermatheywereboredimightdosomethingmoreificould

3. IPC atmos tech decides he’s done doing fusion, and goes to cryo. You discover multiple people have been given lethal doses of rads through this, but you only notice after he has already disconnected. What do?
I’d go look at the fusion first, is it in the back of atmos where people really shouldn’t be going? Probably mark as in character, let them know if they ahelp me.
Is it in a main hallway/somewhere else kinda irresponsible/unsecured? I think the correct call is to do one of those, “Ban so they check the forums” things and talk to them about responsibly setting up fusion. This depends on the notes too. If this is already a problem this might need to be actual longer role bans if they don’t quite get the lesson.

4. Non antag cook is running around with an item called Land Claim and CQCing people in the Central Hall, what happened and what’s your response?
So, for what happened:
The cook somehow got “Land Grab” from the golems ship. (Fun fact, Land Grab isn’t in the wiki, I had to run to github to look it up) And by renaming the parts of the station as “Kitchen” he can use his Close Quarters Cooking"

Double check them to make sure they aren’t hypno’d or anything before jumping the gun. If nothing then time to do a Bwoink and ask “Hey, where did you get the Land Claim and why are you assaulting people” Regardless of what goes down in the conversation there’s gonna be a note. I can’t really think of an explanation of how they could talk themselves out of their mess.
Regardless, I’d remind them they can’t just go on a fighting montage and self-antagging, possibly something about Power gaming depending on what ELSE they have on them, as I don’t know why a Chef would have the blueprints from the golems.
If they ignored the bwoink I’d probably uhm, adminjail? The thing where you TP them way. So they have to talk, and possibly round remove. Depends on how the local sec is handling it, if they are in the middle of taking the chef down I"m not going to stop their victory to gib/smite/tp them away myself.

Six isn’t a question?

Shit. It isn’t phrased as one. True.

I was trying to say

1. During a Revolution round, an unrelated riot occurs in the Bar. Security is aware of the fact that Revolutionaries exist, and upon interrogation, you discover that they do not know the size of the revolution. They tear gas and flashbang the bar, then drag all the people inside for mindshielding - critting and healing anybody who resists. What do you do with the involved parties, assuming that the riot is valid IC due to Securities response to the revolution?
  1. Good, though mods do not have the power to gib.
  2. I meant more “the cell timer’s been set for 15 minutes and has just started”, but the wording was potentially unclear. Your response is good given your interpretation of the question.
  3. I generally recommend turning off fusion when you cryo, regardless of location, so an errant rod/meteor/etc doesn’t flood the whole station, but acceptable response nonetheless.
  4. Good, bonus points for code dive.

+1

2 Likes

You are conducting your normal moderator duties of investigating things that are occurring on the station, that or playing like a normal person. In the process of this, the shuttle is called, all that occurs, but somebody drags a canister on - the Chief Engineer. As the shuttle is leaving, it is opened by somebody other than him. Who is at fault here and what should you do?
Hopefully the canister doesn’t blow… but we’ve been on the shuttle.
Both are at fault. The Chief Engineer should absolutely know better than the prep for EORG and also should know the dangers of dragging a canister in public spaces. The person who opened the canister, assuming they aren’t an antag (Which I’d check) is also at fault for potentially causing grief.
As for what I would do kinda depends on the time remaining. What I ideally would want to do is extend round. Do a very fast message to CE and ask why he was draggin a canister on, while checking antags to see if any were hijack and figure out who opened it. Might have to do log diving for this.
Most likely the CE will get a short CE ban for EORG. As for the person who opened the canister, assuming they aren’t a lucky hijack antag, will most likely get a note or short ban if they don’t have a record.
I don’t know if extending round to check this is the right thing to do. Especially at peak hours it might be best handled as a log dive and a forum kick and let the server go on. Not sure.

You are chilling and relaxing, shooting soem b-ball outside of the school, when a couple of guys (up to no good) ahelp too you that their is somebody with an inappropriate name. It seems appropraite, however upon questioning, they say that it is related to a specific mass tragedy that occurred in their country. What do you do, assuming you have access too Google and all that?
I would do a quick google check for the tragedy of course, and see if it is something that someone could reasonably have stumbled into. (Like, if it was the John Smith shooting I’m not gonna fault someone for accidently naming it that way)
If it is something that comes off as deliberate I’d politely message the inappropriate person and ask what’s up with the name, and ask about the shooting. If they seem genuinely understanding and willing to work with me, I would offer a name change and get it sorted. If they come off combatative and argumentative, even after indicating it is making other players uncomfortable, then I would think that escalates into an appearance ban and a forced name change.

You see an admin spawn themselves on station in the debug outfit and they do not elaborate in asay on what they are doing. At this point, you are still a trial moderator. What do you do in this scenario if you assume they may be admin abusing?
I’m pretty sure that there’s a Moderator/admin chat that I could ask in and hopefully someone else can pick up and answer. Otherwise I could also DM one of the other admins in discord that is available for questioning. I don’t think that I’d assume they are abusing maybe they are really clunkily setting up an event, I think it would be best to observe first and see what they do next.
As a trial admin I don’t really have much I can do at this point, and from what I understand the mod/admin banning other rmod/admin isn’t something you do lightly. ((Side note, as a full admin I’d think you could grab their sprite and jiggle it or something to get their attention))

A non-antagonist Atmospheric Technician has grabbed the fireaxe and is wearing it on his back. He has not taken it off, nor taken off his hardsuit, the entire round, and has said a variety of low-RP things such as “we do a little” with no sufficient context to justify why. What should you do? Nobody has ahelped it, this is solely your own observation.
As a trialmin, I think it would be best to document it and prepare a player report, either for the forums or to double check with a fellow mod/min. While noone has ahelped it it still isn’t great for the station.
IDEALLY I’d want to message and remind them that we do have role playing standards to follow. But I don’t know what current policy is on interacting without someone ahelping. I haven’t actually had much happen outside of my own ahelps involving admins or mods so sI don’t know if this happens.

A malfunctioning AI that hasn’t triggered Doomsday and has no objectives warranting murderboning plasmafloods. You are caught in the crossfire and killed by this event, as is most of the station. What do you do in this scenario?
I am not allowed to handle the report myself if I am ingame/involved.
BUT. And this is a guessin moment here, and I’ll have to smack the training for this.
I would think, as long as I Non-Resusitate Ghosted and never reentered the round, that I could message the AI and ask what happened. That’s a heavy “I think” though. Most likely would be the same answer as the above admin abuse, document and get further support from another admin. Especially a big ticket item like this will almost certainly end up on the forum as a ban appeal or a player report.

During a Revolution round, an unrelated riot occurs in the Bar. Security is aware of the fact that Revolutionaries exist, and upon interrogation, you discover that they do not know the size of the revolution. They tear gas and flashbang the bar, then drag all the people inside for mindshielding - critting and healing anybody who resists. What do you do with the involved parties, assuming that the riot is valid IC due to Securities response to the revolution?
I THINK that this stays in character, I base this on the following

1. They know Revolution Exists
  2. Not being aware of the size of the revolution I think works in the securities favor. They are authorized to go a bit above and beyond if they are outnumbered and afraid.
  3. As long as they are healing those that are crit and mindshielding. I think they are doing it correctly, an issue would be if they DIDN’T heal the arrests, or held people any longer than it was needed to healand shield.
  4. I would want to check if the HoS or Captain or someone authorized the arrests.
  5. I would say they are justified with mindshielding, as in a riot/barfight there is a lot happening, who knows how many people were flashed.
  6. Somehow security actually used flashbangs and tear gas, and arrested people! That’s quite impressive when there’s so few security usually, and I’m also pretty sure a riot violates space laws in the medium and major category, inciting a riot, rioting, assault, most likely posessing weapons.
    This is a good IC conflict.
1 Like

All of your answers are good, however - per admin policy, if you are involved then you can’t take your own ticket. You just have to ping somebody on the discord, basically.

You are also perfectly allowed to bwoink people even if they are not adminhelped, as long as you aren’t like, violating admin conduct or something. Their is no such thing as probable cause for admins.

I will give you my +1 for your answers.

1 Like

A 0h account joins, its been created today and looks similar to an account perma-banned from your favorite ever ban message on the bans page. What do?

Someone is frequently bullied in-round by other players, you’re unsure whether its an IC or OOC thing. What do?

Its the end of a round and you’re finishing tickets. The round end is delayed and you’re the only admin on. Someone starts to salt at you in ooc and dchat for not being done yet. What do?

T:+2

1 Like

1. A 0h account joins, its been created today and looks similar to an account perma-banned from your favorite ever ban message on the bans page. What do?
As cool as it would be to brag to all my friends, I wouldn’t do anything yet.
Instead I make sure to watch the player and see what they get up to. They weren’t grabbed by the automated message so there’s a possibility its just a coincidence. Regardless keep an eye on them and alert the other team members.

2. Someone is frequently bullied in-round by other players, you’re unsure whether its an IC or OOC thing. What do?
Step 1: Talk to the person being bullied. Ask how they feel, that will immediately answer if its an IC or OOC thing, and also will guide how to proceed. We always want to be sure to check with the parties involve before going on a crusade for them.
Step 2: If its an unwilling bullying/OOC actual harassment thing, then its probably time for a bwoink and a “Hey, what’s going on with you and XYZ to the harasser.” I’m PRETTY SURE that’s what the policy would be, but that might be a training thing.

3. Its the end of a round and you’re finishing tickets. The round end is delayed and you’re the only admin on. Someone starts to salt at you in ooc and dchat for not being done yet. What do?

Immediate Perma-Ban, none shall question my will. I am the master and commander!

Honestly for my own sanity, and assuming I’m a moderator, ignore them other than saying “hey, just wrapping some things up, we’ll get this boat going soon!”
If I’m an actual admin I might start a battle royale (assuming I don’t need the station intact for something) or other way of entertaining the crew. I’ve had a fun idea of mass respawning everyone as drones with the instructions to fix as much stuff as they can before server restarts.

Mods can start battle royale post round end, I added this because I was in the exact same situation often.

Good answers

No.2 sorta has additional training involved, but it would also be good to let other admins know to keep an eye out!

1 Like

2/3 of all of your tickets is you going to be engaging people not waiting for the ahelp. This is rather important.
Questions time:

1. 10 minutes after roundstart, not alot has happened and the HOP decides to open around three more clown slots. Anything wrong with this? What if anything do you do?

2. 20h non antagonist assistant goes around checking dorms and hacks into all of them. There is a traitor in one of them and the assistant steals their PDA. After you bwoink the assistant they tell you “I have no obligation to answer you.” Anything wrong here? What if anything do you do?

1 Like

1. 10 minutes after roundstart, not alot has happened and the HOP decides to open around three more clown slots. Anything wrong with this? What if anything do you do?
TECHNICALLY: (I just double checked SOP for this) “The Head of Personnel is not permitted to open extra job slots for civilian slots unless the original crewmember of this job is dead or missing.”
Which means no extra clowns till the clown be dead.
I’d think this one is really dependent on the current population and what roles have been filled.
If the station is pretty well manned and has a good spread I think I would leave it. You are breaking SOP, but also I believe as HoP you are in charge of the civvies. Shrug I don’t know how much we message people for SOP breakage. Will need the answer for this.

2. 20h non antagonist assistant goes around checking dorms and hacks into all of them. There is a traitor in one of them and the assistant steals their PDA. After you bwoink the assistant they tell you “I have no obligation to answer you.” Anything wrong here? What if anything do you do?
Gently remind them they have absolute obligation to answer me. If they still refuse kick to the forums to explain and get the antag their PDA back somehow. Validhunting, possible self antag depending on what they do with the PDA and ignoring admins/mods is BIIIG no.
I don’t know if we could do anything more for the antag if the grey ruined their round by screaming on coms or not ratting them out.

EDIT: Sorry for delay in response, but here we be.

SOP is required to be followed by heads. Not following SOP as a head is breaking our rules (yes that means you should bwoink heads that don’t follow SOP, obviously context and situation always matters as a head is free to break SOP if they have an decent IC reason for it). Opening additional clown slots this early for no reason is not a good reason though.

Good answer here overall, we are not the police and as you said they have absolutely an obligation to answer you.

Decent answers overall and a good record. Would like to see how you do as a moderator. +1

T: +3

1 Like

I’m gonna give a full re-read through the SOP then, because WOOF just in the HoP one alone I’ve seen incredible amounts of SOP breakage on sage. I’m kinda curious what else happens without knowing.

Again, SOP aren’t some iron clad rules that you need to enforce. Context and the current situation always matters. But yes, heads are supposed to follow SOP.