Damage boost or debuff for Possessed Blade

It would be pretty neat if the spirit of the blade could boost or nerf the weapons damage by a small amount every so often (relatively rare so that it does not impact the balance too much).

This would make the role and the interaction with the wielder way more interesting, as they could roleplay having to appease each other. Right now the chaplain can quite literally completely ignore the blade and from my experience the blade spirit usually does want to roleplay.

It could even be a placebo change as to only giving it 2 visual effects (appeased/dissatisfied spirit blade) but in my opinion it could need something more to support more interaction.
youtu(.)be/0sPbjHEnSDE?t=24
that is how I like to imagine it in my head in terms of the theme.

Yes, the edgiest character from the edgiest faction in that game.

Thus we should give the possessed blade to sec mains.

2 Likes

Technically correct. But still, the blade should belong to the chaplain. Usually they edge far harder than sec when it comes to blood rituals, sacrifices and so on.

i dunno, i like possessed blades for the same reason as i like my playstyle for holoparasites. it’s as much about being useful as a weapon as it is about being a second brain and pair of eyes for the user. i’ve holopara’d for people who insisted i attack security at the nearest encounter, but usually i can play it safe and then capitalize on a moment later and it ends up going better for us than it otherwise would have. having a sword player to pick up details you miss and give you helpful info is neat.