Culttist Nerfs

As Far as i see it, cult is by far the most broken antag in the entire game, they have everything they ever need, they have no weaknesses if the game doesn’t start with a chap, and with the dwindling population of LRP, which i mainly play on, thats one of the most common occurrences possible.

they have way too much versatility, they can make their own weapons, they can teleport, they can stun for 30+ seconds without any downsides to themselves, they can convert robots in order to have those robots teleport to wherever they want, even inside A.I satellite, and easily eliminate any threats. they can delay shuttle constantly to prevent humans from escaping, meaning that unlike any other antag in the entire game, they are not under the pressure of getting their objective complete before shuttle arrives. they are also usually not able to be seen by A.I, as they are always hiding in vents, meaning that unless someone escapes cult and yells about it, it’s too late for anyone to react.

in addition, their ability to summon their god in less than 3 minutes is way too strong, considering how, even with things like nuke OPs, who used to be considered the most broken antag, have to declare war, announcing their prescence before they can do anything worthwhile, or they are easily identifiable right away due to the blood red hardsuits they almost always wear, where as cult is able blend in with the crew until it is too late for people to react.

i quite frankly feel like blood cult is one of the strongest antags for all the wrong reasons, their one non-chaplain weakness is mindshields, which they are able to remove on their own, eliminating any challenge using them would have. i propose that cultists attain one, multiple, or all of the following nerfs:

1. Disable their ability to teleport, or massively increase the downsides on it, say, a distance limit, or make it require disabling one of their arms completely, or make it so they can only teleport to and from runes that are in the view of a camera, not requiring it to be enabled, but just, something to limit the range.

2. prevent them from stunning for more than 5 seconds, as 5 seconds should be more than enough to completely prevent someone from escaping, keep the mute duration, but either shorten the stun time, or make it play a loud sound so its no longer stealthy and able to be used in crowds.

3. make them take increased damage when they have been revealed by the game itself, as currently, they take the same damage, if not less, when they are revealed, due to their armours and such

4. Remove their ability to delay shuttle, making them subject to the same time limitations of the other antags, as, currently, they have the fastest ability times possible, and, as mentioned before, are able to summon nar’sie in less than 3 minutes once the summoning starts, and since usually by then most of the crew is converted, they should not need to delay the shuttle.

1 Like

cult is strong antag, but its very skill-based. if you wont cooperate properly with your fellow roundstart cultists - you will eventually get caught or die. if you manage to convert enough people to start “the tide”, its only and only depends on your and your fellow cultists skill. if you fuck up - you’re dead, and there’s no hope. if you manage to get through this - congratulations, you probably already won.

basically very hard/hard at the start(depends on the roundstart cultists), hard/medium in the mid-game, win in the end-game

4 Likes

no, it really doesn’t, theres no skill needed to click 3 things in order to convert, and being off camera view guarentees you can prevent a.i from finding out until it’s too late. even if you find out in time, you can delay shuttle so much you’ll guarenteed get the ritual off anyways, cult is just an antag that guarentees wins no matter what you do, you can be lobotomized and still win as cult, it needs a nerf, there’s no skill involved in it, the silent flash, the mute flash, the instant conversion, the ability to remove mindshields, the ability to teleport, it can do everything it shouldn’t

WAAAAAAH I CAN’T DEAL WITH SOMETHING SO NERF IT WAAAAH
if there’s no chaplain, make holymelons, get null rod and put in belt slot for spell immunity, powergame every single thing you can find, commit rape, activate throw if they try to throw a bola at you, buy combat shotties and mindshield and arm entire crew, win
Ahem, fuck unrobust

2 Likes

Cult is pretty easy to deal with if detected early and if they setup the summoning place properly.
Otherwise, if they get spotted by some retarded cultist thinking abandoned bar is a good hiding spot, the whole cult is cucked and half the time you gotta wait 15 minutes for a cult ghost or someone to teleport to you.

I don’t think that’s what OP was trying to say.

With the removal of most 1-hit-stuns in the game, a 30 second stun that mutes you is obviously dumb.

On another note things like this are done through PR’s. Feel free to make one and have it put up to a vote.

I think a fair nerf would be sending a big announcement of nars location when cultists try to summon him, and make summoning him take 2-3 minutes of uninterupted standing.

would mean cultists actually need to hold and secure a location and can make for interesting counter play like nukies has where you can board there shuttle/recapture the disk/eject the disk from the nuke ect.

1 Like

sounds like clockies

Gangs and revs have an instant convert, cult is only op when they have halos and everyones got swords, and if they get to that point its the stations fault.

Dont remove nuffin

2 Likes

its better than clockies because its actually on the station as opposed to some lame box realm filled with 100 traps

it enables lone heros flying in from out of space shooting through windows and breaching and clearing ect, much more fun and dynamic.

that’s the only good nerf proposal here