Ban Type:
Global ban
Ban Length:
Perma
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2023/03/03
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
As Detective, helped HoP and cargo pull off a Cargonia mafia. Please explain yourself on the forums as you disconnected before we where able to contact you.
Appeal Reason:
"During a game session, I played as a double agent within the Nanotrasen Intelligence Division, where the Head of Personnel informed me that he was part of a mafia group. I helped him and gathered evidence of their wrongdoings, which I handed over to the Head of Security after. However, despite playing within the game’s rules, I received a permanent ban from the host due to my alleged involvement in a Cargonia mafia incident.

Since this was an in-character issue, I’m curious why you didn’t bring up any concerns during the game session until the after the credits when i left. If there were any issues with my actions, the host could have mentioned them during the game to address them in real-time.

3 Likes

Hey there, the admins apply a perma-ban when they can’t contact you for an ahelp (in this case you disconnected) to kinda ‘‘force’’ you to come explain your side of the story, hence the ‘‘Please explain yourself on the forums as you disconnected before we where able to contact you.’’ on the ban message

I was an officer during that round, from my PoV you seemed like you disregarded your duties as Detective and went along to play with the ‘‘HoP-Cargo mafia’’ We had multiple instances where we needed you to scan scenes (Teleporter room that got broken into, security post of arrivals, ai upload window, departures sec check point, eva storage, to name a few) But i don’t recall a single instance of you speaking on the radio or informing us about your operation, hence why from my pov it seemed like you went to play with HoP and the cargonians

The HoS was Kane Semenov @Amazung perhaps they can confirm if they ended up receiveing such report, in any case you should’ve kept us updated during the operation or at least inform that you were busy, i don’t recall hearing you on the radio.

We certainly needed a detective to do his job on that round in particular, i’m not against you trying to do some RP with the cargonia-mafia but you should’ve informed us or keep us updated.

"Thank you for responding and sharing your perspective on the incident. I’d like to clarify that I did carry out my Detective duties during the round, which included fingerprinting the teleporter room and informing security that the prints in the arrivals security post belonged to the mime. I understand that my communication during the operation may have been inadequate, but I assure you that I collected evidence and turned it over to the Head of Security at the end of the game.

That said, I understand your concerns about the lack of communication during the round, and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. However, I’d like to point out that security’s overall communication during the round was quite poor, and it’s possible that my voice got lost in the mix. I’ve always been aware of security communication, but I can’t recall a specific instance when they requested my assistance.

In any case, I appreciate your willingness to hear my side of the story, and I hope we can reach an amicable resolution to this issue. Thank you very much."

Could you please explain in detail your actions and your communications with security staff for me?
As at current all I’m seeing is a lack of doing just that.

You should be doing your job as detective, and listening to the HoS’s orders, not the HoP’s.

I can confirm that as part of my duties as a detective, I requested the formation of the Nanotrasen Intelligence Division, and this request was approved by the Head of Security prior to my investigation into the mafia’s actions. I then gathered information on the mafia, including photographs and logs, and presented it to the Head of Security in a folder.

The hop never gave me any orders; he only ever asked me to do was get him some black gloves. I’d like to clarify that I did indeed carry out my detective duties as required during the round. This included scanning the teleporter room and the security checkpoint at arrivals. However, the results of my investigation were limited to only discovering the mime’s prints on the security checkpoint.

As soon as I discovered this evidence, I immediately informed the security team because it was critical information that could aid in their investigations.

Everything seems to line up.

Please make sure you read our rules - Rules - BeeStation Wiki

Appeal Accepted