Coloss Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Coloss260

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Coloss#8751

How often are you online to help? (Timezone): France (UTC+2), I’d be online when I’ll have the motivation to be online to help, this include most of my freetime playing SS13.

What changes, if any, would you bring?: I’d bring more enjoyable events and interaction between the players and the admins, as well as more help regarding tickets.

How old are you?: I’m 20 (02/2001).

Why do you want to be a moderator?: I want to be a moderator to help the current administration team with tickets and to bring fun to the rounds without directly impacting them. I’d be happy to provide any assistance to the players or to the other staff members.

How long have you been playing SS13?: I don’t know exactly, but I’ve been playing it for years.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: I’ve discovered it a year ago, approximatively. I’ve been playing on the NSV13 and was also part of the administration team at some point. Didn’t play that much on Beestation to be honest, but I’m improving that.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: I can’t really think of a scale about my skill, since everyone has its own different skill at the game depending their job, but I have to give myself a scale of skill so it’d be 6/10.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games): I think I’d be more of a 8/10, I’ve been doing administration on other games a lot, and I know how to be or not to be a good admin in general.

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13: I’ve been trialmin on NSV13 for some time (don’t remember how much), and I’ve also been admin on games that includes roleplay like Garry’s Mod french servers (I’ve even made my own servers at some point), and Forum roleplay.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: I don’t have any.

Your strengths: Calm, friendly but strict when necessary, wants to learn and to improve.

Your weaknesses: Can be a bit busy on weekdays.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Being provoked a lot when I know for sure that I’m right, and left alone to deal with that. I’d need someone else to back me up sometimes.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Patience.

What makes a staff team good?: Communication and teamwork.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To provide the players a more enjoyable experience of the game by helping them or providing them some events.

What kind of player are you?: I’m the kind to take part of the rounds very seriously, I’d usually play important roles like Command or Security, so by extension the one that tries to take out the threats ASAP. I think of myself more of a leader when it concerns the round.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I’d be less present during the rounds, as I will more be observing then playing, but I think I’d stay the same when it comes to Command or Security.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: I’d first check if the Clown is an Antagonist, if he is an Antagonist, I’d let it slip (see what I did here?) even if HoS ahelps, this is something that has to be dealt with ICly. If the Clown is not an Antagonist and the HoS ahelps, I’d still tell him to deal with that ICly but still message the Clown. Clown is supposed to be a pain in the ass, but not the kind of to ruin a round, at this point he didn’t, but he certainly put a threat to the station, so I’d tell him not to do that kind of stuff again.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: I’d ask him first why he did that, and check his records at the same time. If he is known to be a shitter, I’d be strict and tell him that this kind of behaviour is against the rules of the server, and ban him for a certain duration. If he isn’t known to be a shitter, I’d give him a less severe punishment, but I’d still be strict with him about the server rules.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: I’d do nothing, if it is indeed an accident, he is not to be blamed, he may be a new player, or someone that does not play Chemist a lot, and we all learn with our mistakes.

You have only 85 hours on the server.
I can infact confirm you’ve likely been with the game for a good decent while, your account is from 2017.
But you are pretty new to bee.

In not going to close this outright, for now anyways, but i highly suggest comming back when you have more time with us.

Thank you for your answer.
I am aware of my lack of playtime on Bee itself, as I said I was playing more on the NSV part of Beestation, and I thought that would also count towards my playtime on Bee, I see that I was wrong about that. I’ll be happy to add more hours to my playtime though.

Please get a screenshot of your playtime from NSV if you wish to use that time in your application.

I would, but NSV is down at this time, I’ll provide one when I’ll be able to.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got the information from the bot, but I sadly cannot embed medias or links into my posts.

If you DM me the information, I would be fine posting it in your stead - I can also be ping on discord as Flanco#0808

The hours from NSV:

Included with Bee hours, brings the total to 236 hours

Due to low hours and prior experience I’m going to have to also put a -1 down.

T: -2

Thank you for your answer, I am working on my playtime currently, however I don’t see what does “prior experience” means exactly, if you could be more precise about that please.

-1 from me.

T:-3

Thank you for all your answers, I will make sure to add more playtime to the server, and then I will come back. Have a great day.

7 Likes

For sure man.
No hard feelings, once you have more time spent with us i’d be happy to let you try your hand.

See you then space man o7

1 Like