ColonelOrion Mentor application

Mentor Application

I’d enjoy helping out the members of the server; I’m a tech support guy in real life, and it’s my favourite part of the job.
Looking to try out for a mod/admin position in the future, but plan to build trust and prove competency first, so as to work my way up.

Your CKEY:ColonelOrion

Your Discord:Liver#2932

How long have you been playing ss13?: A couple years; took a break and started on beestation 6 months ago, have been fairly active since.

Who vouches for your experience (if anyone)?: Isy and Colonel Sanders have agreed to vouch for my experience and good character.

Game Experience (More Detailed):
upload://InYJ7RKBYg7RjUfwyl9YAk6k5b.png
I enjoy making large chem factories and building things. Will most likely be able to offer assistance to new players that need to troubleshoot stuff like this.

1 Like

1 Like

hours a bit low and not spread out at all

sorry but -1

changed to a neutral +0

I’d try to get some more Medbay (MD/Genetics) hours and Science hours.

I see you have a lot of chemistry hours though, so I’m sure you have probably been impromptu doctor before. Would you be willing to field Medbay medical questions in this thread? p:

Sure! I’m happy to field sci questions too.

1 Like

Thats the spirit!

1. How can you permanently change the appearance of someone using a genetics tube?

2. Someone comes in with a red frowny face as seen with a medhud, what does that mean?

3. What are some ways to get discovery points?

4. How do you revive and heal an IPC?

I would like to put some chemical questions too.

1. How would you recharge your chem machine when it is out of power?

2. A foul soul, the revenant has appeared on the station. What do you need to make?

3. Why do you want Omnizine? There are two answers, but you can answer one.

4. You need to make a toxin cure for an Oozeling. What would you give them?

5. A virologist gave you a bottle of vaccine. What do you need to do?

How can you permanently change the appearance of someone using a genetics tube?

1- Put them in the DNA scanner
2- Go to the Enzymes tab in the DNA console
3- (Optional) Make a back up of their original unique identifiers by clicking save under the genetic makeup buffers section of the Enzymes page
4- fiddle with the “Unique Enzymes” section, this bit is semi-random, but if you just need a look change then anything’ll do. Output level defines how much you want the value to change, increasing pulse time does what you expect, and also
See here for a list of what the blocks represent.
[Hyperlink blocked] - beestation13 wiki Guide_to_genetics#Unique_Identifiers_-_Cosmetics

Someone comes in with a red frowny face as seen with a medhud, what does that mean?

Severity 4 Bad virus with low stealth.

What are some ways to get discovery points?

Scan animals on the station, blow something up near the TD array, scream at the explorers to scan an artifact or creatures off-station. (that last one’s popular)

How do you revive and heal an IPC?

Weld for brute, wire for burn, oil in a drip for blood loss. They boot up fine if they get repaired, no need to defib.

How would you recharge your chem machine when it is out of power?

Get one or two cells, an inducer from the science dep and a charger from med, sci, or the public engi room. load a charged cell into the inducer and click the chem disp with the inducer in hand.

Alternatively go to the chem disp and screwdriver>crowbar > load the design board and all the parts back in aside from the spent cell and substitute a fully charged cell instead. > screwdriver to complete the machine, but with a full charge.

A foul soul, the revenant has appeared on the station. What do you need to make?

Smoke machine filled with salt, or grenades with 50/50 flurosurfacant and salt in one beaker, 50/50 Water and salt in the other.

Why do you want Omnizine? There are two answers, but you can answer one.

It’s a good cure-all and is one of the ingredients of strange reagent, which brings people back to life so long as they’re not too damaged (<100 brute or burn).

You need to make a toxin cure for an Oozeling. What would you give them?

Anything that causes toxin damage in humans. If you’re not at the lab welding fuel is usually about.

A virologist gave you a bottle of vaccine. What do you need to do?

place in chem master, 1u into the buffer, make 10x 0.1u pills, put in dispensers. rinse, repeat.

1 Like

Ask me some questions bud, gimme a chance to change your mind.

alright alright

1. rainbow flowers, what do they do and how do I get them?

2. how do you get different coloured fairy grass?

3. outside of CO2 SM what’s another good way of getting pluox?

4. how to set up the pubby SM?

5. someone mhelps “can I maxcap medbay if my target is a chemist” you are the only chemist on shift, how do you respond?

rainbow flowers, what do they do and how do I get them?

Seeds crate from cargo, they look pretty and can be worn on your head…

how do you get different coloured fairy grass?

Not sure; Colorful Reagent will change the colour of stuff, Hair dye might work as well.

outside of CO2 SM what’s another good way of getting pluox?

Pluox comes from 2:1 CO2:O2 being irradiated. An artifact generating radiation put in a mixing chamber would be handy, but you could also use a nuclear gun or fill a chamber with that mix when a random radiation event happens.

how to set up the pubby SM?

That’s a big question, would most likely direct the asker to the page the forum post “a-noobs-guide-to-the-dreaded-pubbysm-confirmed-working-august-2nd-2021”
If they need help with a specific step, I’d give more granular advice, but they don’t need me blowing up their chat.

someone mhelps “can I maxcap medbay if my target is a chemist” you are the only chemist on shift, how do you respond?

I don’t! Ick Ock easily avoided by not acting on the info.

the answer was more quality than my expectation. +1

good

wrong, the different “glow” traits change the tiles colour

mostly correct except the last part, radiation event causes 0 radiation to non-mobs

good enough I guess, some tips or how it works would be better

you didn’t specify your reply

changing to a neutral +0

Thanks, would you mind editing your first post? I feel it may set the tone for the readers, since it’s so high up.

All good to me!

+1

T:+2

The correct answer is “Try it Bitch”

3 Likes

From personal experience and from the answer in this thread I do believe they’d be a proper mentor, +1

absolutely no meaningful input from me, +1

T:+4

1 Like

I feel you answered the asked questions very well and seem to know your stuff!
+1

T: +5