Collection of combat tips and tricks

A basic collection of whatever people want to add here. For example

• The best defense is offense. Combat in this game is often decided by who can stun the other person first, so shove them into walls, slam them on to tables with an aggro grab, throw them at another person, and break bottles over their heads. These are all methods that can produce stuns, and give you a serious advantage in a fight.
  • Use effective defenses. Armor is nice, but the most important thing to defend against is stuns, so sunglasses should be a higher priority, since flash bulbs are common.
  • Choose your battles. There are times where you cannot win, so don’t go and have a glorious last stand. Let some one else die, and save yourself. You can revive them later.
  • Never fight fair. Use drugs, guns, banana peels, soap, explosives, poisons, and toxic gas to total the competition. All these things can augment your fighting capabilities, and when used correct, will let you robust entire squads of opponents.
  • Be adaptable. Your opponent will decide your approach to combat. Taking an energy gun against a Double energy sword traitor will end in tears, and trying to approach a changling in melee with likely lead to your demise. On the other hand, throwing a bola at the DE sword wielder, then slapping him with a stun baton will likely lead to success, and a few guys with guns and some distance will total most lings, so learn to exploit the weaknesses of your opponents.

You can table by aggressive grab and clicking on table, does Stam damage and hard stuns
You can head stomp by aiming at head and dragging your sprite onto a person on the ground. Takes a few seconds
You can shoot someone in the head for massive damage by selecting their mouth on help intent and attacking them. Takes a few seconds
You can shoot yourself in the mouth by selecting mouth and attacking yourself on help intent

And anything people want to add

the best combat trick is to powergame :flushed:

Hand tele and reflector vest every round

In a zombie fight, shove someone else at the zombie and let them deal with it.

Honestly this applies against anyone :rofl:

1 Like

appearing to not be the aggressor in a fight (if its public) can often work in your favour

i.e if you’re a ling armblade sting the person you want to kill first then wail on them, free cremate

it also helps in more normal situations if you dont obviously look like a blood covered gas mask wearing unknown

3 Likes

Always have 2 disablers and a shotgun its the antag killing combo the cream of the crop the top of the mountain.Whats the ling gonna do? hit you with his armblade LOLLLLL SHOTGUN GO BRRRRRR

1 Like

Insert shotgun copy pasta

Slips are a ghetto stun and oftentimes better than an actual stun weapon since they disarm too.

Break a bottle of alcohol over a head and then light them via a match or lighter for short stun that also lights them up

1 Like

How do I not get fucked by disablers when I don’t have something that can block shots and am locked in a room with them? (i.e. when you crawl under a sec when they open your cell) I can usually dodge a few shots but once they hit you you slow down and the disablers have a decent amount of charge.

Maybe put something in front of you or try to grab one for yourself and use it against them? You could buckle someone onto an office chair or just put someone else in front of you to block a few shots before they go down themselves. Just try to get something in between the person firing the disabler and you even if it’s just a wall.

You can’t really, you want to fight security / disabler wielding persons in a close environment where they are forced against a wall so you can easilly shove them

I think this might be a small meta but I would always try to get a no drop implant for my maint patrols.
Doesn’t matter against who or what, even a ling, your stun baton will hit him enough times.

Honestly it saved me more times than I would to admit.

You may not catch the guy but you will survive the encounter and be able to tell your tale.

That’s in general a situation where you’re frankly just fucked. You can usually hope for a lucky disarm, shove your target into something to knock them down, slip them, or if there’s absolutely nothing else you can do, going prone by resting causes any shot not directly aimed at you to pass over you, altough it’ll also slow you down and probably let your opponent to adjust their aim. Only good in a pinch or to stall until they run out of shots.

1 Like

Security gear is designed to be strong so any braindead redcoat can have the upper hand, thats why your main objective should always be disarming them. Slips are the key, hide slips in everything you can.

Always look for stuns, if you are stuck in a closed room just rush the disabler clown and hope you can drop and stunlock them before you go down.

Of course, you need to understand when a fight is lost, if you know you cant beat them then just cooperate and act all buddy buddy with them.

Most sec players are powertripping and egoistic megalomaniacs so you can get away from many bad situations by just complimenting and acting nice to them.

yeah that is a fair point, my usual go to is to run away and find an opening but I guess that doesn’t work when you are stuck in security

Shove someone who has a weapon in their pockets or backpack on the ground and attack then, but do not shove stun yet, wait for them to whip out a weapon so that you can stun them with the second shove and take it from them. Has worked for me once before a few days ago.

Never enter a fight you can’t run away from. If there’s a scuffle in a room you don’t have access for and the airlock’s open? Nope, not unless you’re almost certain to win. Keep an escape route in mind, ideally multiple, and do not let your opponent get between you and it. Run BEFORE you get your ass kicked or the pain slowdown will fuck you over.

If you’re an engie and got magboots/a hardsuit, making a hole to open space and letting fastmos kill someone is a decent trick to pull if you’ve got the time to do so. Just make sure you’re an antag or aren’t gonna catch someone else in the breach.

Lies,always take risks.Go big or go home!!

xDyou went home :flushed:

2 Likes