CoIoneISanders Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
CoIoneISanders
Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
Colonel Sanders#3126
How often are you online to help? (Timezone):
I am online 1-6am, as well as some hours sprinkled whenever I can. (MST)
What changes, if any, would you bring?:
The Face of KFC, who wouldn’t want to join a server where an admin is Colonel Sanders?
In all seriousness, I do not think I can completely impact the server. I do believe I can be a helpful addition in processing reports and ahelps while other admins are offline (when im online admins seem to not exist), as well as a little 11 herbs and spices into every event.
How old are you?:
Its my 121th birthday! image

Why do you want to be a moderator?:
Some certain admins told me I would be great for it, so I decided I could help out a little. Every round I join late I hit the funny observe button and wait in boredom for something to happen, if I have the opportunity to process ahelps while observing, it just seems like a win/win for everyone.
How long have you been playing SS13?:
Two years in a few days, joined 2020-09-24
How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
Two months and two days, 271 hours, as well as 1000+ hours on TG and Fulp alone.
On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
I honestly would give myself a 8-9, I know a lot about the game, when my connection isn’t being absolutely hammered by lag. I know every role to a competent degree, and some others even more than that.
On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games):
On SS13 I have zero (fucking around for a few hours on time on a private) experience with the admin buttons, and hope to learn.
Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
I was once co-owner of a discord server with roughly 350+ people, the server was a fair bit toxic and I left it a few years back, but I did a good job in my opinion. All other moderating positions have been for small communities I used to play years ago, almost all of them distant memories.
Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
No
Your strengths:
I really like to RP, am very active on SS13, have a cultish following of KFC lovers, am liked by a fair number of people, maybe even more than that. When im not salting in OOC I generally try and be really supportive.
Your weaknesses:
Mentioning salting above, when I die related to lag or some self antag bullshit, I rage for about 10 minutes+, recently ive been getting much better at not being a bitch baby, moving all my stuff to the salt mines so everyone can continue to have a good time.
Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
Dying from lag/self antag related reasons, security that wordlessly batons everyone for a bag check for 0 reason at all, doesent follow sop, and is generally a nuisance to the station.
What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
Unbiased and the ability to put effort into ahelps, rather than jumping to punishments.
What makes a staff team good?:
Working for the better of the server, not for themselves or someone specific.
What is a staff team’s purpose?:
To get rid of shitters, and to keep everyone in the server having a fun time.
What kind of player are you?:
I really just playing the role I get. I REALLY enjoyed mining before Byond absolutely broke, now I cant play it due to lag. I like combat, most of my hours are spent in security officer, mostly to stop the shitters from doing whatever the fuck they want, command usually listens to the security officer that speaks rather than the batonning silent man.
How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
Cut my salt down to its minimum, be a lot more active while I am observing a round, learn to make better judgements, as well as gain experience as an admin for any future SS13-badmining
The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
I would check the players antagonist status, if hes an antag just carry on with the round, if he is not an antag, ahelp him about how thats self antag and give him a chance to provide a reason. While this is going down I would also check the players notes, if he has a large variety of notes for self antag, job ban him from gimmick roles and ask a higher admin if a ban is needed if the issue with the player has been very consistent. If no previous or very minor notes of this are there, I will note the clown. Once this is all done, I will attempt to respawn/return the HoS gun to the somewhere secure, accessible by the HoS.
A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
Check the players hours, if they have low/0 hours with a high knowledge of how to flood, I would ban them. If they have a fair number of hours, I would teleport them somewhere like the adminprison, and continue the ahelp. Will give a major ban/permaban depending on the reasoning.
A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
Check the hours, leave it alone, maybe even tell them in dchat to read a guide or hit the mhelp button in the future.

2 Likes

This lines up pretty well with me actually seeing you online, because I’m typically only available in-game during what is the dead hours of the night for most people.

Depending on exact circumstances, this can potentially be IC even for a non-antag to do. Keep a somewhat open mind about how you handle each situation and know that they’re not always binary.

Hoping to see the post-mortem salt reduce a bit, but even factoring it in I think you’re worth giving a shot at moderator. Others will likely have more questions for you, but for now you get a +1 from me to start this out.

T: +1

Clowns can have SOME freedom to clown around. mainly look if they are consistantly just herassing players or making a attempt at a actuely funny gimmick.

Also deffintly wana try and keep a cool head when doing ticket conduct. Even when players are frustrating to work with. Ofcourse if they rule-lawyer heavily you can tell them to “suck it up”.

Your hours ARE on the lowerside for bee specificly, but I dont think this is a immidiate problem due to TG hours.

ill keep it at 1+ for now and see what other admins have to say.

Who do we have here… my NEMESIS!

And what, do you think I’ll give you a plus 1?
Hah, you wish!

jk, have my +1

this whole app thing is to filter people that the most obviously are not suited for an administrative position, but you might actually be alright

I’ll +1 all the above seems satisfactory.

I cannot give a plus one on admin apps as a lowly moderator, but if I could, I would.

We have chatted about your salting, and you have been good in throwing it in salt mines lately.

In terms of RP, the rounds we have played, you have absolutely been a breath of fresh air and I love it. I have been super excited whenever we work in the same department.

Absolutely in support of your becoming a mod, and hope I get to work with you.

xoxo Kiera

T: +3

I like the cut of your jib, kid. You have good reviews from other admins and such - your answers are reasonable and, while you may need too keep a more open mind and the binarity of a situation, your answers are overall good.

I will give you a +1, but I would like too ask a few questions first, relating too certain events that you may see.

• An adminhelp is sent too you from a player. He does not provide very much context, and instead just says “the explorer is killing me.” Their are three explorers in the round, and logs reveal that James McFuckFace assaulted him, but his say logs show that the original player was trespassing. What do you do too mediate this situation?

• Their is an alien queen off-station and on a different z-level, halting the shuttle. What do you do, as a moderator, too resolve this in a quick and efficient manner?

• You are moderating the server, and in the course of this, see another admin begin too do potentially corrupt things - such as spawning the unmatched power of the sun in maintenance, and dropping varedited items on the ground. What do you do as a moderator, or as an admin?

That doesn’t actually happen anymore, it has to be on the same z level and nearish to the shuttle

1 Like
  1. Tell the original player I am looking into it. Watch the conflict, if it really is trespassing and the explorers are using proper escalation, mark it as an IC issue. If the original player keeps coming back and being an asshole, bwoink them. If the explorers overescalate by using lethal weaponry, and the player hasnt matched this, bwoink the explorer team and tell them to chill.
  2. The only time I saw this before it was fixed, the xeno queen, after a while, just kind of got deleted from existence. I am guessing one of the admins online told them they were holding up the round, or made some sort of deal with them. I have no idea how to answer this question, and it does not seem relevant as this bug got fixed.
    3)Check if they had approval for this bus. If I can not find this, tell a Headmin about what they are doing without making it public.
    What is varediting.

Changing the default stats of an entity.
For example, setting the health of a monkey to 2000.
Typically it’s just done for roundend lolz.

Cause, y’know, how blatantly game breaking it is

2 Likes

Someone has never seen an exotic supermatter crystal.

Power output = 3x
Anomaly point = 95%
Health = 50%
Color = mountain dew

No one could expect you, Ruko.

You also forget that I was the Engineer who set up SM and asked what you did in Msay. :laughing:

1 Like

Seems fine to me. +1

Accapted, welcome to the team.

Ping a senior/headmin to train you when you have the time