Ban Type:
permanent
Ban Length:
9999-01-01 12:00
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2021-08-15
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
R0/R1: Be Excellent to eachother, actively hostile to a section of players “Because they’re degenerates” That’s not funny, nor acceptable.
Appeal Reason:
I was mad in deadchat, after I permadied as changeling, towards another player that made me reveal myself as changeling in game. The exchange in deadchat started when I told the other player who I’ll call atmos tech that I’ll make a player report on them for walling off cargo with reinforced walls. I said this first part because I was seething that a one robust atmos tech could make me mad so badly. I said that he was griefing by placing those reinforced walls down, cutting wires in maint, and removing power from cargo. He then replies saying that I was griefing by trying to build a tesla in cargo after the atmos tech announced over radio that the station will not be getting power. The atmos tech stating this made me even more angry and this is when I start breaking the rules by using the atmos tech felinid race as an insult in deadchat. After he finishes yelling at me in deadchat I state, “this is why I kill all felinids as antag” and “if you play as felinid you are asking to be griefed”. Looking back at those two statements, I overstepped the boundaries as other people in deadchat started to state that I was stupid for “admitting” to metagrudging all felinids. In realtiy I just said those two things to piss off the atmos tech more since I was pissed off myself, I never actually metagrudge against felinids in game. After fuming in those couple of statement, the argument died down and 5 minutes later I got off the server as this was like 4-5 am in my time.

I apologize to that atmos tech who I will not say the name of, and I’m sorry for creating such a fuss in deadchat about something that should of ended in character and not out of character. If I could change the past I would of just not said anything about the player and went to bed to cool off. I just hope that I can play on the server some time in the future since I love playing on the server.
Additional Information:

I have no prior bans besides a Capture the Flag teamkill ban for 5 minutes a year ago.

You would do well to read the rules before making a player report on the other player. You are in the wrong for trying to build a tesla as Cargo tech. You aren’t an engineer.

I know that building a tesla is the wrong thing to as QM now. I wasn’t thinking clearly when saying the things that I was saying last night. But what got me banned was the way I was acting and I just wanted to make this ban appeal as soon as possible to show that I know what I did was wrong and I am sorry. There’s nothing else I can do but say that I will change if I can get a next time.

Based on prior notes showing your propensity for starting fights and killing other players, I’m going to sustain this removal.

If this had been a first and only occurrence I’d be inclined to believe it could be a one off issue where you were just upset. We do not want to retain people prone to starting unnecessary conflicts or getting upset and acting toxic to other players in dead chat.

Come back in a year with a vouch.