Clearly defined rules agains self-salads

I define self-salads as antags who try to un-valid themselves by trying to help the crew, against their objectives. I think we need more clearly defined rules against this, and which antags can or cannot self-salad.

It should mention serious abuses of self-salads that breach antag conduct, like

• Cultists/Revs ratting out other their cultists or working against the cult out of salt
  • Zombies/Monkeys not munching on humans (there are no good zombies)

Some antags should be able to cooperate with crew on certain conditions

• Lings with the absorb other objective should be able to cooperate with sec
  • IAAs should be able to cooperate with security without breaching antag conduct

Of course, mid-round antags should be able to be good/cooperate with crew, as long as it helps them achieve their goals

or maybe just kill them because they re fucking antags :monkey:

7 Likes

ok why not just kill them to stop this “self-salad” bullshit

2 Likes

IAA co-operating with security makes no sense lore wise considering they are meant to be the kind of agents who nanotressen would deny any knowledge of if they where caught. BLACK OPS

4 Likes

IAA ARE JEWISH MOSSAD AGENTS WORKING BLACK OPS :flushed:

JIDF have infiltrated the station

2 Likes

Even if you’re helpful to the crew, you are still an enemy of Nanotrasen and security have the right to treat you as such, since you are still stealing their shit.

Amtags that try to be helpful are the worst scum

11 Likes

Antags can me merciful. But mercy and compassion are virtues that only the strong are privileged to possess.
If you are in a position to achieve your goals brazenly in the open while showing mercy to the station - great job, certified robust.
If you are trying to be helpful in hopes the station will let you win - you get what you fucking deserve.

To act against the goals of your role to the detriment of your antag teammates is against the rules, anyway.

1 Like

The only acceptable ones are-
Wizard with unused slime core obj
Ling with kill another ling obj
Fugitives, hunters
Morphs
And spooders

2 Likes

bro cant you read or you just hate being normal
you didnt even add anything new to the discussion

1 Like

What? Antagonists are antagonists. Their job is to antagonize. If they are not antagonizing, they are not doing their job. Any gesture that is “salad-like” can be safely interpreted as an attempt to gain trust to facilitate further antagonizing.
This doesn’t mean that antagonists can’t be subtle, and ingratiate themselves with Security, and so on - but they should do so without revealing their true nature.
I don’t really think there needs to be a clearly defined rule, it’s covered neatly by the concept of “Antagonist Conduct”. One needs to conduct oneself as an antagonist. At most, maybe a small addition to the rule.

Friendly antags are dumb; if an admin spots a friendly antag they should send an IAA agent to dispatch them and the head of staff that let them do as they please.

3 Likes