Circuits need fixing (USB cable and interaction with machines/computers)

I have noticed that USB cable supposed to link circuits to machines/computer does not interact with anything (not even bot shell). Could this be fixed, so it works like on other servers? Some more circuits would be a real adding too.

Currently circuits on Bee code seem like half way through and not of much use as a consequence, which is a pity in my opinion. Circuits add great possibilities in terms of gameplay.

Circuits were deliberately made this way to “dead-end” them by coders.

It’s basically the excuse to remove something while saying “oh yeah, you can’t say I removed the mechanic, it’s still there!”

Pretty ingenious actually, turn something people use into something that’s not even worth the effort to use at all, as an alternative to removal entirely.

That’s… someway smarter than what TG’s coders do (removing forcefully things)… and depressing.
That’s THE ONE THING where TG code is actually more appealing IMO than Bee code.
If it’s like that better to remove R&D nodes which don’t have purpose and machines that take space for no good reason… Either you support fully circuit implementation or you don’t, but this half baked situation is not good.
Circuits add nice possibilities and aren’t as robust as some other features of Bee code IMO…

I agree. Should’ve been hard nuked from the game. Leaving them as is is basically asking for someone to come along and beg/bounty for more content added.

That’s somewhat an unofficial tenet of why people come to beestation from other servers. Alot of regular players on bee didn’t start here as their first server.

Emigrating from:
Fulp because of administration
TG because of codebase changes
Hippie because ded
Yog/Paradise because fuck if I know I never played there

Bee was created a lot later than some other servers, which gives us a unique position where we don’t have long entrenched shit weighing us down.

take it from a ex-fulp main :confounded:

Yet I have to admit I miss 2 things in science that are still there on TG code: circuits (useful and polyvalent) and quantum spin inverter. I may come back to TG (ar least sometimes) just because of these

Are you the guy from reddit that’s been complaining about it?

They aren’t done like that on purpose. At the time I was porting them I ported the newest version of them from TG.
However TG kept on developing them and we’re behind them. That’s why usb seems not complete.

It was me who posted (not complained) on Reddit.
But your answer is different (on a good way) from previous ones. I suppose then that the situation is not definitive. Just to say that I am a fan of circuits and have a desire for more gameplay in it. Porting this part of TG code was a good decision IMO.