Ban Type:
Appearance Ban
Ban Length:
Permanent
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2021/08/30
Round ID:

Ban Reason:
[Put some more thought into a name you want to keep and appeal when you’re ready. Stick with it this time too instead of swapping to a different policy-breaking name again.]

Appeal Reason:
I do not see an in-character or out-of-character reason as to why my character (Apoc D. Esquire) cannot have D. (his middle name) or Esquire as his last name.

Ruko claimed that Esquire was a title… this is true. However, persons (in real life) have last AND first names as Esquire. (Also a few other names of mention, Baron, Queen, etc.) As Ruko mentioned in-game, they confirm that they were on the topic of Esquire.

So I then ask Ruko to change it to Equire, as Equire is not equal nor does it have the same meaning as Esquire. I’m guessing they took it as a sarcastic or snarky response - which was not my intent as it was a genuine response.

Additional Information:
N/A

Admin discretion is final when it comes to name usage, and just because a name exists and is in use does not automatically qualify it as a “normal sounding name”.

Human: Normal human names, the kind that won’t raise an eyebrow if you chose to name your child. This applies to all other races that reference human names.
All races: Are forbidden from having titles, nicknames and honorifics in their character name. This means “Dr” is not your first name and quoted nicknames don’t go in the middle of official IDs

Esquire is a title just like Doctor is, and both even have about the same popularity as names according to:

https://en.geneanet.org/genealogy/esquire/ESQUIRE
https://en.geneanet.org/genealogy/esquire/DOCTOR

ESQUIRE : This last name is indexed 16,707 times on Geneanet!
DOCTOR : This last name is indexed 14,589 times on Geneanet

Actually yes I did, because I completely misread it as Esquire again and didn’t want to continue debating on whether or not Esquire was acceptable as a last name.

I would still like to ask that you drop the initial from the middle of the name however.