Ban Type:
Server and job??
Ban Length:
31 days
Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY):
21/12/2020
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Let’s start at round start. Nearly beat an officer to crit for doing their job after you trespassed in brig and assaulted the HOP. Multiple trespasses, including stealing thermite from chemistry. Assaulted the chef for food when the chef did not have any on hand. Assaulted and threw a sec officer around the bar for no reason. Later choked that sec officer into crit after the sec officer attempted to detain him. Thermited his way into captain’s office, found captain laying unconscious there and was “looting a body” when I bwoinked them. Most notably stripped PDA. Overall here’s the rules. Rule 2 and 3, be excellent to each other, stripping your CO while they’re unconcious after making forcable entry into their office is not excellent. Rule 4. You must roleplay. Sure, yeah, you say words in game, but maroading around the station with thermite and ill will towards humanity in general is not roleplaying. You were put on this station by Nanotrasen, you work here, you should want to keep your job. 5 Self antag, see above. 14, doing your job. I haven’t seen you, an assistant, do anything that would be reasonably described as assisting the station. Overall your conduct is below the standards that we want on Sage, go to Golden if you want to continue behaving in this way, or sign up for a job. Oh, and while I was writing this you thermited your way out of a security cell, so we’re going to toss that on the list.
Appeal Reason:
The admin has exaggerated what I have done. Firstly, I did not assault the hop, however way you look at it all I did was push him around because he stole my stuff, yes I did break out of my cell because the security officer was not being careful, and was not treating me fairly, the admin also tried to use space law as reasoning in his bwoink??? Secondly, stealing thermite from chemistry? I got given it by Jay Gray, while yes I did go into chemistry I did not break in, the door was wide open, I don’t see how this counts to my ban but whatever, I never assaulted the chef?? What I did was jump the counter ask him for food then push him to make a door open, again, this is not assault because I just shoved him. Thirdly I pushed and threw a security officer inside the kitchen to help him get over the counter faster, the admin has ignored the reason why I actually chocked the officer, he shot me with a needle which I did not know the contents of, thus I grabbed him and asked him why he shot me with a needle and what was in it, this officer did not want to detain me, and if he did he was doing a bad job of doing so because all he did was shoot me with a needle and do absolutely nothing to stop me from grabbing and shoving him. I thermited my way into captains office because i wanted to take a picture on the ingame camera that i managed to tide into captains, and when i saw the captain there I thought he was dead and wanted to check his bag, i did not take his pda only 140 credits in his bag, sure i shouldn’t have done it but it was too good of a situation, to not loot, what i presumed was a dead body and gain loot. I don’t know what you’re saying with “RULE 2&3” this has to do with ooc toxicity not what happens ingame. I was not “maroading” around the station with thermite and ill will towards humanity, whatever that means, this is such a bullshit reason and the admin knows this, clearly knitpicking to suckle as much ban time out of the rules as physically possible, ill will towards humanity, what the actual hell does this mean, the admin is acting like, which wasn’t even something I thought of, im going to place thermite on every single tile of the station to raze it into the ground. Self antag? because i had thermite in my bag? OK, so as assistant you want me to go around like a god helping everyone? this is literally the single worst ban reason i’ve seen so far, an assistant is a role where you learn how to do things or have the liberty of having no tasks to do, thats genuinely unfair. I got a perm assistant ban because i was doing what most assistants do, what does the admin want me to do? play as the chief engineer where i accidently cause an SM delam? perma banning me as assistant is just stupid.
Additional Information:
Admin has a vendetta against me or something because he / his friend WAS the HoP clearly wanting me gone for basically deconstructing walls with funny chemicals.

Also a lot of spelling mistakes in the ban reason

This should absolutely be a permaban from Sage until you learn to use that brain you were born with, especially given this excuse for using thermite to break into the Captain’s Office on the roleplay server. Nothing in this ban appeal demonstrates any level of self reflection or ability to play well with others in an MRP environment, but rather as desire to greytide and continue self-antagonistic activity without punishment.

2 Likes

This behaviour would be far more suited to the LRP server.

I could see it being shortened if after some time on LRP passed with no notes, but till then
L

1 Like

All of your arguments are good… If the ban were to happen on golden, the server where its perfectly acceptable not to roleplay. Why would a person like you want mrp is byond me, but hey, you do you.

ban reason seems a bit overexaggerated but you definitely deserve it, stop tiding into places randomly for petty reasons. you are lucky he was pretty forgiving on the ban duration imo

maybe if you didn’t go at 10000000000mph on golden I would play it

Just because you don’t enjoy the speed on LRP doesn’t mean you can come play like LRP on MRP

3 Likes

I believe the ban should stick being truthfully honest.

We are an MRP server not a NRP.

Well, I don’t knit, and I stopped playing guitar long enough ago that I also dare say I don’t have any picks about. Let’s go through this appeal though.

First: Let’s look at a few definitions of “assault” since that seems to be a bit of a vague term to you. Let’s start with the definition from space law since that’s the most relevant one to MRP. “To use physical force against someone without the apparent intent to kill them.” Breaking that down a little bit, you’re using a physical force (shoving) against someone else (The hop/chef/sec officer) without intent to kill (again, shoving deals no damage, but is definitely physical force). So yes, assault by space law. Let’s try U.S. Code: Cornell law paraphrases it simply as " The definition of assault varies by jurisdiction, but is generally defined as intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Physical injury is not required." So again, shoving is an offensive contact, and not physically injuring, which is not required. So by US law, assault. Right, got that factoid out of the way.

Stealing thermite from chemistry: Last time I checked the thermite was in chemistry, and it wasn’t yours, so theft, congratulations, I don’t care if another tider handed it to you.

I never said you did, I said you trespassed in chemistry to enact a theft.

The sec officer was jupming the counter into the kitchen, I remember it distinctly, you shoved him back off, he climbed on again, and then you threw him off the table.

And you then choked him into crit. Yeah, that’s not escalation policy.

Go tide on LRP.

So instead of calling for help or bringing the captain to medbay you thought “Oh, I’ll just have a little look to see what fits nicely in my hand.” You also failed to realize that they were just unconscious. I’m surprised that a player with your experience would make such an error.

Definition: Marauding (Adjective) “going about in search of things to steal or people to attack.”

Actually fun fact, it’s not a bullshit reason, in fact the reason it’s a mile long is because you did so much bullshit that I literally couldn’t justifiably shorten it down at all.

I expect you to not be detrimental to the station, which at the time the ban was applied you most definitely were.

You know how to do things, I watched you do them.

Maybe you should stop tiding and find something productive to do as assistant then if you want to not get assistant banned.

Fill one: Guide to Admin Reports (READ ME)

I was typing fast, if it makes you feel better I’ll fix the typos.

Overall I don’t find any of your arguments to be convincing, and mostly it’s a debate on definitions rather than the factual nature of the ban, so both bans will remain in place.

Nanotrasen has re-evaluated your employment contract and decided to suspend you from operations on the higher functioning station for a period of time.

Just to make this very clear appeals denied