Can I opt out of beestation's data collection

Can I opt out of beestation collecting data on me everytime I connect?

No, because the data collected is required for our service to function. You can submit an erasure request under the GDPR and I’ll anonymize your data. This would be irreversible and would ultimately result in an unappealable ban.

You might have a harder time with that. Restrictions are a bit looser when it comes to public information. I think your best chance on that would be to avoid any participating servers or attempt to have your data erased from each member which’ll eventually be reflected in centcom.

1 Like

Can I submit a request of my data, that beestation collects that is required for the service to function?

Sure. OK, done. We don’t actually collect & store extra information. I’ve been pretty resilient towards any of that. This might not be an exhaustive list, I’m pulling it from memory, but, we collect your ip address, your username, and your hardware ID.

They are all required for identification and ban handling.

What about game logs?

Mm! Good catch. Game logs are required for administration and report processing.

So theoretically I can invoke Article 15 in every ban appeal to request each line of logs with my identifiers?

You can invoke your right a single time and it’d result in anonymization and an irreversible ban across our services.

I meant right of access.

Mmm, I’d need to dig more into that. But probably to a very limited extent if at all. At best you’d be able to request your specific logs and that’s it. You’d have no right to the full round’s logs as it would encroach on other’s data.

Yeah that’s what I meant.

Kero sees something interesting in that article.

Can I be charged a fee to make an access request?

In most cases individuals cannot be required to pay a fee to make a subject access request. Only in certain very limited circumstances, per Article 12(5) GDPR, where the initial request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (which the controller must prove), can a controller charge a ‘reasonable fee’ for the administrative costs of complying with the request.

Kero would think such a request is certainly unfounded and excessive, given the mundane nature of logs and lack of relevant information beyond an associated username they contain.

6 Likes

So basically anytime you have a basis for the request, a ban appeal for example, your point is made null.
If you have a good enough reason to request your data, it should be provided to you.

Clearly you’ve never logdived.

Kero believes a ban appeal is a good reason for one round’s logs perhaps, but not every log in existence.

Kero sees the logs which are posted? What further information are you implying is present? Is there something Kero should know that staff are concealing?

images

Round logs are not fully public. Wilchen being former staff had access to where round logs are stored to logdive.

Kero believes you are mistaken.

Kero’s previous post was intended as satire, knowing Wilchen has never had such access to his knowledge.

Maybe im thinking of someone else but i could have sworn that Wilchen was an admeme at some point.

Kero takes a shot in the dark.

Do you believe you are thinking of the other sassy felinid, Winter?

Probably. I have gotten them confused in the past.

They were both admins at one point