Can headcrabs be spawned with gold slime cores?

To be fair, this isn’t precisely what I want either - if they were easier to get, it also wouldn’t cause the problem of players spending 40+ minutes doing nothing but trying to get headcrabs.

But they’re too powerful to make them easy to get, so I push for the opposite resolution.

How about a rule that makes it so you can’t just ignore your job COMPLETELY to just do your own thing?
Engineers need to at least set up power and fix holes, chemists need to at least make one or a few utility chems such as formaldehyde and corazone which are both shit easy and xenobiologists must at least make one thing to distribute to the station, be it slime cigarettes’ or auto injectors. They won’t need to give a constant supply, but a small stock will be better than not doing anything before you start with your own project.

It sorta is already. Scientist role is one of the least demanding as it is though - Someone does research, someone upgrades machines and… other than that their job sorta is to do whatever they want.

I’m not about to force Xeno to upgrade and install shit across the station, I’m just voicing that I cry inside when I see one do nothing but self-serve for an entire shift when there’s so many things the department can do that isn’t mobspam

But would removing xenolings stop that self serve? I feel like people would go for the powergamey gear and not bother distributing products to separate departments.

You can also just go for rainbows and get infinite cores of every colour. Can even get an assistant intern to do the core activation and collection while you do the thing.

Other than that pink crossbreeds are actually great. There are some very nice effects among them.

Certain blue crossbreeds are also great.

1 Like

Alright, thanks! But by the time I get rainbow, wouldn’t I probably have most of the slimes already? Or is it just much more spammable and thus faster to get?

Rainbow is obtained by having a 100% mutation chance on any slime, so there’s no guarantee you’ll have all of them yet necessarily.

Well, no, but you probably will. Once you get a slime with 100% mutation chance, will you always get a rainbow slime?

Yes, but getting 100% mutation chance doesn’t happen without deliberate intention though.

Red extract + plasma = potion that increases mutation chance by 12%
Dominant Yellow + Blue = prevent mutation on current slime until it splits.

If you don’t make use of those two potions your high mutation slimes will likely reach dead ends at Oil, Black, Light Pink and Adamant before they naturally reach 100%. Not to mention how incredibly slow doing it via selective breeding is.

Oil, Black, Light Pink and Adamant slimes can’t mutate. I thought the same was true for four others as well, but I’m a bit out of touch and the chart I’m referencing to make sure I don’t give bad info seems to indicate otherwise.

Alright, thank you! I’ve never completed it because I’m quite slow, but I’ve almost done it every time without dominant yellow + blue. I’ll keep that one in mind though, thanks!

If it makes you feel better, I’ve not ever actually bothered with rainbow slimes at all. The only thing worth making out of them is mind transference potion which is, unless you’re going for changeling, always a downgrade because you’re liable to be lynched for the tiniest infraction.

Outside of being an antag, religious zealot or going for changeling, rainbow slimes are kinda lackluster. Hoping for someone to code the rainbow crossbreeds eventually

Thanks, and yeah, the rainbow crossbreeds would be cool.
Is the xeno wiki page completely up to date? Are there some crossbreeds that say they aren’t implemented, but they are?

No, and new implementations will need to be updated anyway because the ancient planned ones aren’t what’s on the drawing board anymore.

This is the discord server I set up when I posted a $300 bounty on finishing the Xenobio crossbreeds, it has the current plans and discussions if you’re interested in pitching ideas or criticisms. So far the only family actually completed via bounty is the Pink ones

Alright, thanks! ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎

Dude.

• Extract will explode into randomly-colored slime cores when injected with at least five units of plasma.

Have you ever seen 50 rainbow extracts injected with plasma in short succession?

I stand by my statement. It’s not worth the effort for what amounts to a clusterbomb containing mostly duds.

Duds? Every rainbow extract injected with 5u of plasma creates a clusterbomb that spawns slime cores of random colour. Not activated ones. You use slime jelly to spawn activated cores.

Rainbow slimes do not mutate so you can just fill their pen with monkies without a second thought. And then collect the slimes for unlimited supply of rainbow extracts.

Then you blow up the rainbow extracts with plasma, collect the spawned extracts and enjoy a plentitude of extracts of every colour.

Use 1u of plasma to spawn random slimes, that can be adult slimes, to get the crossbreeds you don’t have available slimes for.

Just spawn yourself a trashbag of holding, 50 rainbow extracts, a dropper and a bluespace beaker of plasma. And then quickly inject all the plasma into the extracts. And see what happens.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.