Caecilius actually returns

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
WhyisCaeciliusTaken
Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
Caecilius. I also have an alt account that I banned a while back.
How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):
GMT/BST time zone
What changes, if any, would you bring?:
Greater admin coverage. Sage needs it to actually be MRP, and Golden needs it to protect against raids.
How old are you?:
Why do you want to be an admin?:
I’ve done so before, and I want to help out again (and also occasionally do the funny adminbus)
How long have you been playing SS13?:
Two years and five days.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
Since May 2019.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
7. I’m still not the best at combat, and I can’t do fusion or kill Bubbles, but I can do a decent job at the rest.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?:
8-9. I know my way around admin tools and know how to do admin work.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
:thinking:

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
Crossedfall

Your strengths:
I have a pretty good grasp of varediting and can use SDQL2, which lets me investigate things others don’t know how to. I also like to think that I at least try to be lenient and explain to people why certain rules are in place. It’s your job to ensure the round flows smoothly as an admin, not to punish people. Punishment is one of the tools for keeping the round flowing properly, not the end goal.

Your weaknesses:
I’m a procrastinator and in the past have opened my big mouth before properly thinking stuff through. I’ve absolutely accidentally caused problems with that in the past.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: People deliberately going out of their way to ruin other people’s fun for their own amusement.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
A prioritisation of fun. Your job is to keep the round fun, not to swing the banhammer and power trip. If you prioritise the fun of the playerbase, you can’t go wrong.

What makes a staff team good?:
Co-ordination, fairness and consistency whenever possible.

What is a staff team’s purpose?:
The job of the staff team is to fix with rules what can’t be fixed by code. They are to keep the round fun when the designer can’t guarantee fun with automation.

What kind of player are you?:
Depends on what servers I play. I roleplay consistent characters with flaws on Sage, even if staying in character will disadvantage me, and I try to be a chill dude on Golden.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
I will be pinged a lot more.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
Teleport the gun to HoS locker, tell clown not to steal traitor objectives, note clown.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
Permaban him. I have yet to see a non-antagonist plasmaflooder who wasn’t a griefer.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
IC issue, maybe link him the guide to chemistry in dchat.

2 Likes

that means no? 20202

Speed accept this
+1

i dont know man this guy looks like he has a lot of experience somehow

1 Like

if this is for real this time you will get my +1 regardless cae

Fool me once

It would be great to actually see you back :smiley:

This is a certified “I’ve been adminning for over a year and you’re the least intelligent person I’ve met in that time. Just because you don’t understand how cryo sting works and the mime was able to escape and out you as a changeling does not entitle you to an aheal, nor does it allow you to argue with me for 20 minutes over an aheal, nor does it allow you to spam me with DMs on discord insulting me for not giving you an aheal, or changing alts to DM me more over not giving you an aheal. Perhaps you’d be better served reflecting on the fact that you are either really bad at being an antag or have the intelligence of a lobotomised hedgehog that has just been run over by a bus.” Moment.

:flushed:

+1 return of the mack.

No, never again :angry: