CKEY: WilsonPH

Your Discord: R2D2 From Star Treck

Offender’s CKEY: Burrrkeye

Offender’s In-Game Name: Tolly Gene Family

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 16-01-2023

Round Number: 42279

Rules Broken: Rule 1 You Must Roleplay, Rule 13 Antagonist Conduct

Incident Description: Nobody secured the disk so a loneop spawned. I picked up the disk too late and noticed them assaulting a secoff in Engineering. They shot at me a bit but didn’t pursue me, which was odd. I haven’t heard from them for a while, but apparently they managed to kill the secoff again. Later they decided to shoot up a medbay but got shutdown by the crew which I armed.

Additional Information: Apparently they tried to plasmaflood too but it’s okay, I guess, since they’re technically murderbone. But apparently they just went around shooting people instead of pursuing the disk. Didn’t talk to anyone either, I even showed them my emag and talked to them on the syndicate comms.

1 Like

You know, a few months ago, or more, I got a similar report for a round as a space dragon. I had to agree with it, space dragons do have stated goals beyond simply killing everyone on the station, despite being murderbone antagonists, so it’s not really alright for them to wordlessly kill everyone.

However, nuclear operatives have been contracted by the Syndicate to kill EVERYONE on a station, doing what I’m pretty sure would be a war crime. How they get the disk, what they do in the meantime, and whether or not they seek the help of a Syndicate Agent is entirely at their discretion. They can release a singularity, plasmaflood, or go department to department to kill everyone if they want to and it’s not really a breach of roleplay because killing everyone is what they’re paid to do.

Consider the roundstart nuke team - they’ll talk to each other, but almost never crew, and they’re usually talking about tactics, plans, what they’re going to do. While they’re playing the role of nuclear operative, talking at that level isn’t really roleplay, it’s gameplay. A loneop would be the same.

Syndicate Agents will occasionally impede lone operatives, as they can have the goal to steal a core, might have friends or objectives on board, those living on a space station will usually have some vested interest in it not being blown up, and agents have the means and ability to fight beyond that of normal crewmembers. As an agent you’re someone nukies just cannot trust.

Ignoring all that, honestly they probably just had really bad tunnel vision and didn’t even notice the emag or you on comms; they probably would’ve taken the help. They seemed newish to lone operative.

2 Likes

After reviewing the logs it seems from their Dchat after dying as a loneop that the player had no intentions of going after the disk to nuke the station and instead just wanted to kill other players and plasmaflood the station. A lone-ops goal is to nuke the station and destroy everything, while they are murderbone and can kill anyone and plasma flood for their goal, they should strive for their goal of nuking the station, not just killing every other player just because they want to.

Report Processed.