Bunch of Random Questions, again

Please help.

The big one. AI Laws. I still don’t understand h9ow to do this properly, even after some useful explanations. Tell me if I am wrong:
To replace current lawset, use a different board.
To create a new lawset, use freeform board to wipe current then add laws like: “1. This is a law” input. “2. This is another law.” input etc. To add to current laws, make the number at least one more than the current number of laws. (If so, what would stop someone adding their law as 10?)

AI again, the antag Hacked Board. Is it just a Freeform board that lets you add law 0’s?

Clothing customisation. I recently discovered wirecutters + gloves = fingerless gloves. Are there any other tricks? Can you dye clothes a different colour while keeping their description/design? Can you cut jumpsuit to be shorts/topless?

How do you customise tiles? I’ve tried playing with the tile painter thingy but I can only get it to do the defaut design. Can;t find anything on the wiki about it.

2 Likes

You can alt-click jumpsuits to make them look like this
изображение

Try chucking them into a washing machine along with a crayon of your choice. I know for a fact that this can be used to paint your insuls black, which makes it way less likey for sec to take them if you get arrested.

You can’t and this kind of sucks. The only way to get some variety in your tiles is to make them out of different materials like plastitanium, titanium, etc

2 Likes

One thing you can do is swap the tile out with a carpet. Order exotic carpets from cargo lobby’s request console and pray they are competent and generous. Grab a crowbar, hold the carpet in your other hand, and go wild.

I mean paint tiles after they have been placed. I have seen this done. I have tried the decal painter thing but it was stuck in one mode for me and I couldn’t work out how to change the settings.

The big one. AI Laws. I still don’t understand h9ow to do this properly, even after some useful explanations. Tell me if I am wrong:
To replace current lawset, use a different board.
To create a new lawset, use freeform board to wipe current then add laws like: “1. This is a law” input. “2. This is another law.” input etc. To add to current laws, make the number at least one more than the current number of laws. (If so, what would stop someone adding their law as 10?)
AI again, the antag Hacked Board. Is it just a Freeform board that lets you add law 0’s?

ok so basically all lawset boards will replace the current core lawset so you got the first one right

To create a new lawset, use freeform board to wipe current then add laws like: “1. This is a law” input.

no. FREEFORM boards do not purge anything they just add the law at last position
(depending on the freeform type) you arent meant to rebuild a core lawset with it. just use the lawset board you want it will purge any core laws

if you REALLY want a freeform lawset use a purge law and quicly add your laws
(some AI’s might capitalize on their lack of laws quicky so this is inherently dangerous)

(If so, what would stop someone adding their law as 10?)

the laws are automatically arranged in what i can only deduce a hierarchy of 4 tiers
with laws of each tier going above any laws of a lower tier and arranging themselves in one after another
NOTE the number choosing is mostly suplementory. hell the numbers dont even matter
a “law 2” will be stronger than a “law 1” if its above it (if such wierd thing ever happens)
the tiers in question are

• syndicate/malf red
  • bugged/ion buggy
  • core(standard lawsets and core freeform) black
  • suplementary(noncore freeform) blue
    tis just what ive observed i havent code dived that one

the antag Hacked Board. Is it just a Freeform board that lets you add law 0’s?

yes it will apply the law at the highest possible tier and therefore at the very top

Can you dye clothes a different colour while keeping their description/design?

Washing machine + crayon will actually change the clothes. You need to use a spraycan from autolathe on them to dye them without changing anything.

However, the washing machine change can be useful. You can hide your insuls as regular gloves this way.

Full white spray (255 255 255) will return items to their original color. It’s ctually useful for hiding that you have xenobio shit.

I can only seem to roll up the sleeves. How to get to waist? I need to go mining while being really, really good looking.

Fuck jumpsuits then. Get upgraded cyberlungs, get boots and a bag, and mine in the nude.

Rolling jumpsuits really depends on the jumpsuit. Protective (and “modern”) jumpsuits usually only roll the sleeves, while less protective ones (“old” ones like the gray jumpsuit, botanist jumpsuit, etc) can be wrapped around the waist.

You might wanna consider investing in a black jumpsuit.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.