Brother_jeff admin application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): brother_jeff

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): gamers against weed#9591

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): all, a bit less during the weekdays, i tend to take a couple day breaks from time to time

What changes, if any, would you bring?: will admin on lrp

How old are you?: 18

Why do you want to be an admin?: ever adminhelped late at night and nobody came
vibe check bruh
How long have you been playing SS13?: a year

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: a year, 1423 hours

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 9, fuck learning atmos

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 3, i messed around a bit on a private server before

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:

Your strengths: i’m active throughout the day, i’m willing to learn

Your weaknesses: i tend to give people the benefit of the doubt

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: nothing :sunglasses:

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: ability to see both sides of the situation

What makes a staff team good?: good relations with eachother and the playerbase

What is a staff team’s purpose?: to make a game playable and enjoyable

What kind of player are you?: you can see me playing imhotep

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: i’m interested in becoming and staying as an admin, just concerned over burnout

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:

bwoink the clown about it, telling him that it was one of the rare and hard to replace items, and also part of a traitor objective, and do try and not do it again. if the clown has a notorious history of fucking around with situations similar to spacing HoS gun, maybe a clown ban.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:

obvious self antag, counterable with a simple ajail -> bwoink -> permaban combo.
but, if during the bwoink, he explains his reasoning and says why and what he did, and actually seems sorry about the situation, reducing the ban to a couple weeks to a month (depending on the severity) would be good in my opinion

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:

If he has low hours, bwoink him and explain what went wrong, maybe a note if it happened a couple times before.

2 Likes

u HAVE thee GIFT!!! of being funny. idk about anything else

Some of these answers are very vague.

lol

Answers may be vague, but those concerning admin stuff are okay for me. Also I know the player and I have a positive opinion. I am going to give +2.

Overall based lizard, two words I would normally not put next to each other, but in this case I will.

I didn’t wanna be the first one to vote, but this is a clear +1 from me as well, I have interacted with you on several occasions and I have only had a positive experience from it.

Although I am just slightly confused over this statement:

Are your intentions to only try it out for a week, or do you intend to actually stay an admin but just concerned that you might burn out in a single week?

Total: +3

What you said, i’m interested in becoming and staying as an admin, just concerned over burnout, probably should’ve worded it better

changed it

1 Like

Unbased player that dies to ash drake as a incursion miner. :pensive:

In all seriousness though I’ve never had any issues with rich and he’s a fun person to see ingame.
Also has a lot of hours and likely a decent grasp of the rules due to this.

Don’t go too hard, okay?

1 Like

While some minor portions of the applications leave more to be desired(burnout, vague player typology)

Perhaps biggest thing Imhotep has to bring as an admin is community. Incredibly recognizable both IC and OOC, very few complaints to bring about him.

I expect some very fun events to come from his admin stuff if his occasional IC antics are anything to go by.

1 Like

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): brother_jeff

Is this your exact ckey or is your ckey “brotherjeff”

What changes, if any, would you bring?: will admin on lrp

Good

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:

obvious self antag, counterable with a simple ajail → bwoink → permaban combo.
but, if during the bwoink, he explains his reasoning and says why and what he did, and actually seems sorry about the situation, reducing the ban to a couple weeks to a month (depending on the severity) would be good in my opinion

May want to consider something like the cult is summoning nar nar and all of sec is dead and they got like 20 cultists.

Otherwise good shit +2.

T: +4?

1 Like

Eh, seems fine. Concerning burnout, just admin less if you feel the strain. A less active admin is better than no admin.

+2 from me.
T: +6

1 Like

brother_jeff

Huh, I guess they handle underscored weirdly. I need to use “brotherjeff” to find you on CC ban DB.

CC and beebot sometimes handle syntax weirdly, like if you have a space in your name, Beebot removes it, same thing with underscores. My Ckey is Kerbin_Fiber but I need to use kerbinfiber when using the ?player command. Just coder things.

As for the admin part of this post, yea man take this +1.

T: +7

Total is down to +6 due to Yorii’s demotion and subsequent quitting of the server. I’ll replace their +1 with mine. T is stil +7.

As a member of the playerbase, I can vouch for them being non-toxic at the very least.

Bumping (2/3 of the admin applications)

+2, good player.
Good mentor
T=9

Accepted, welcome to the team!