Brother_Hangyul banned for being security

This might sound sarcastic but it’s genuinely not; thank you for your input, that shit makes sense.

I agree a little bit, but part of needing to get permission from superiors is to make sure people don’t abuse power. HOS attracts powerhungry players and having someone that they need permission to execute someone is meant to keep HOS in check. For officers to be able to authorize perm sentences I have mixed feelings about, mainly because of the amount of officers I’ve seen try to convince the ward/HOS that the guy that called them a cunt over comms deserves to be perma’d and other over dramatizing. Ward is required (unless it’s a emergency) to stay at the brig at all timesso they should be able to approve a perma in most situations. If they’re dicking around and not actually busy just bug them more or if needed ahelp.

Though tbh after looking at other servers version of space law we do need to update and change them.

1 Like

While I agree with you, perma exists for a reason. If the prisoner is too dangerous you can execute him on the spot.

The thing is, I’d be happy to wait for a go-ahead w/ a competent captain, but most of the time they’re either bigger edgelords than the warden on a powertrip or just keep going AFK without notifying us. SWINSTON literally left me hanging for a solid 10 minutes, at which point I had to take shit into my own hands. I decided to execute him since he was acting like a traitor, did traitor shit and admittedly because him salting in LOOC and threatening to call the admins on me pissed me of a wee lil’ bit (Mainly the self-antagging though). I’d still like to know why he actually stole the hypospray; the CMO using a spraycan on the walls isn’t grounds to take his HYPOSPRAY; not his spray-can, his deliverer-of-healthy-drugs.

This argument also holds for why Officers and Warden can’t execute, but HoS should be able to.

HOS doesn’t attract that type of player any more than Captains do, if anything I’d wish they were more decisive about things generally.

Seems that would warrant a security role ban if they were flaunting Space Law that egregiously.

Often it’s the case they’re busy dealing with one or several things at once that have higher urgency, of course otherwise I’d just keep waiting and asking.

Agreed, like most of the wiki it’s quite outdated.

There’s multiple reasons why people should be executed such as them being a Rev Head, perma being too full, they’ve proved themselves too robust and deadly, etc. None of these currently qualify under “Use of Deadly Force” but any experienced Security is going to recognise that these situations are acceptable, and the HoS should be able to make this decision rather than waiting on the Captain.

‘super valid’ type things are already there tbh

like if im a sec officer and find gang leader shit in someones backpack im curbstomping them about 0.2 seconds after finding it

yeah but there are no proper superiors, well there is a “cap” But lets be serious, people who play cap
usually are incapable of anything.
You will have to drag that donkey to the criminal and explain him 20 times why he is bad, instead of doing your job.

Aren’t prisoners supposed to be taken to Brig on the shuttle, even those in perma?

Yes, in regards to what part of my reply is this?

Tl;DR for any admins who are reading this:

Dude self-antags, captain doesn’t tell me what to do with him so I take fate into my own hands.

I’m actually going to link an LRP secban, which in my opinion, is quite similar to this.

Replace valid with self-antag and you see my point; behave like an antagonist, be treated like one. I wouldn’t face backlash for doing this to say, a Blood Brother (which I assumed he was), but because he was just being a self-antagger I get punished? Makes no sense.

slightly different context due to the ban reasoning in my thread though, I was acting cap during that round; it was also lrp so much looser valid rules

Bruh…

Again, I understand that I should’ve waited for SWINSTON to stop being braindead, but my main issue is his self-antagging and that this is incredibly unwarranted seeing as that in the end he did deserve the punishment; this is worth a note at most.

@admins just lock this thread until one of y’all review this

2 Likes

I’m replying on phone so formatting might be a bit shitty.

While I agree the rulings need an update, the current state of them does not allow you to take the law into your own hands as you said, without captain approval. I cannot see any additional benefit here you gained by executing rather than perma or gulag, especially someone that was easily captured and was acting like an antag rather than confirmed as one.
I believe there was actually a lawyer on shift and you could easily take it to trial if the captain was SSD.

Space law is currently being worked on and in the next great gathering of the memes I’ll bring this up as a point to suggest change, as I agree, the head of security should have more power to deal with security matters rather than deferring to the drunk/high captain who’s in the break room shoving donuts up his nose.

As for the messages on discord for the offence of harassment to be complete in the UK there has to be two occurrences of unwanted contact and the offender needs to have been told words to the effect of “fuck off don’t talk to me”. Make a record and ping / dm an admin and we will happily help if it continues. Alternatively block em.

You are also right about the weaponising ahelps and I should’ve noted the other player for it. I will do so when I am next on.

As a side point I personally dislike the
well I saw some other guy do it sometime and it was fine
as a reason, and I know I am not alone with this.
If you see someone breaking rules please ahelp them, don’t let other people do shitty things as an excuse to do shorty things yourself later.

TL:DR

it’s a short, job ban only for literally breaking the clear cut ruling on the space law wiki, when there were other options for things to do.

Valid points, but I do want to address one thing:

As a side point I personally dislike the
well I saw some other guy do it sometime and it was fine
as a reason and I know I am not alone with this.
If you see someone breaking rules please ahelp them, don’t let other people do shitty things as an excuse to do shorty things yourself later.

The thing is, that’s not my point. Other people did it and were not punished; as such, I was conditioned to believe it was completely okay. I’ve learned that it’s not, but if it’s not okay, then why are others not prosecuted the same as me?

They would be if someone ahelped them, if you see it. Doesn’t mean we have.
We’re more likely watching the 0h player dusting themselves in the SM or wondering why toxins has exploded for the third shift in a row, or god forbid, playing the game ourselves.

I have received ahelps and banned for similar executions before, so it does get dealt with. Everyone yells shitsec and ahelps when they get arrested and that does lead to bans of rules are broken.

I generally assume that people are not always 100% competent in their job and have the wiki with rules/job guide open whenever I play for whatever role.