Bringing back monkey game mode

It could probably use a rework in a lot of departments, but god I would love to see it back in rotation. It’s probably my favorite old school game mode. Let’s discuss ways we could improve the monkey virus.

2 Likes

No, it’s just awful, let it stay dead.

7 Likes

The main problem with it was that people simply didn’t want to be a monkey. Either they would beat themselves to death or straight up suicide, permanently removing themselves from the round.

This could be solved by changing the mode to a zombie outbreak, but this would make zombies less interesting over time and this is a monkey thread. Instead, monkeys should be able to make non-sentient monkeys available to ghosts as well as enforcement of an antag ban for ghosting/suiciding.

Monkeys could also trip over other monkeys, this needs to be removed.

3 Likes

See, the problem is that monkey gameplay just isn’t that interesting. People are too obviously better than a monkey. I’m saying we give the monkey skill trees that they can work towards collectively. Something that gives them powers and a goal, makes them a force to be reckoned with. Maybe they could EVOLVE based on doing certain tasks or finding bananas.

1 Like

old school

I’m not a tg player to be fair but this seemed like a zoomer mode.

Real OLD SCHOOL modes that need to be brought back = METEOR!

Also monkey is just worse revs. Don’t put it back in, make something else with sufficient mechanical differences to not just use revs.

1 Like

revs is just worse monkey, being a monkey is obviously cooler than doing the tide thing

1 Like

You can totally be a monkey in revs

Revs is a sandbox gamemode like traitor, monkey is fixed and restricted.

1 Like

f*ck yeah! lets do it!

I don’t think we need another conversion antag.

I remember playing detective and having a wicked shootout with like five monkeys in the hydroponics bay one shift.

That is literally the one cool thing I can recall about monkey mode.