BrawlerHorde's Mentor Application

Your CKEY: brawlerhorde

Your Discord: BrawlerHorde#4908

How long have you been playing ss13?: I have been playing the game since May of 2019, after seeing Sseth’s video.

Who vouches for your experience (if anyone)?: The admin team. I’ve served as a trial admin for almost a month now.

Game Experience (More Detailed): I got my start in medical, and still have the majority of my playtime split between command and medical. I’ve done pretty much every job that medical has to offer, but haven’t put nearly as much time into geneticist and virologist than I have the others. Alongside this time in medical, I’ve played enough of the service department roles that I’d say I generally know what there is to know there. The only service department role I haven’t touched is shaft miner, because it’s not generally an RP-focused role. I’ve also put a decent chunk of time into playing security, where I usually play warden or sec officer. Recently, I’ve begun branching out into engineering and science, although the latter of the two has mainly focused on RD.

I’ve made this application because I’ve been in situations where I want to deadmin to play the game, but still be available to answer gameplay questions that may arise. Admins, at least to my knowledge, are to apply just as any other player would. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Screenshot of your playtime?

I’ve seen Claire Wilcox I think once as sec, but otherwise I haven’t noticed your characters that often so I can’t speak from a personal experience.

What is your more niche experience/knowledge? Besides general department knowledge.

Well, I haven’t used Claire to play very often lately, as I’ve mostly been random-naming. Specifically, I know how to set up the various engines on the maps in rotation, I can actually do surgery on plasmamen (unlike the majority of medical), and I’ve even done surgery on a nuke operative to keep them from blowing their items to bits. Besides this, I can actually do a good job as HoP (not give myself AA, actually keep cargo in line, and not pretend to be Captain II: Electric Boogaloo) and provide effective leadership and proper guidance as Captain, where the majority of my playtime has ended up.

Man, it’s weird to look at how my hours are spread out.

Anyways, back to the point. Playing as command has actually improved my understanding of space law. Actually following procedures in the book has definitely drawn some ire, though. If I wanted to talk about my experience in security, I’d like to say that I’m actually willing to do the investigative side of law enforcement as well, believing criminals are generally innocent until proven guilty. I haven’t played much detective though, as the majority of the time when I play security, I’m one of, if not the only, security personnel online.

You say you know how to set up the engines, have you successfully set up all the engines before? That is to say, they didn’t blow up in 5 minutes.

Do you know how to do more than a basic set-up for the SM?

Explain what you mean by surgery on plasmamen? Have you successfully defibed a dead plasmaman before?

You don’t seem to have a lot of hours to begin with and majority of your playtime is on captain, which really doesn’t imply any kind of advanced knowledge or else everything crumbles.

The reason I’m being a bit more harsh is that as mentor I see simple questions answered by like 5 different people, while more complex or niche questions go unanswered or otherwise.

Oh, the hours have been spread across Fulp, TG, all sorts of servers. Yes, I can set up the engines and keep them from exploding (from my doing) for the shift. I can do a CO2 setup for the SM.

If you’re asking if I’ve been able to successfully revive a dead plasmaman, then yes, I have.

I understand the whole complex questions left unanswered thing. If I don’t know something, I’m fully ready and willing to find the answer, even if it takes a considerable length of time.

I will give you a +1 since you claim to have more hours on other servers and you seem to be on also at times with low amounts of mentors. Hopefully you play LRP too since they desperately need mentors. I’m not a fan of you having the most hours played as captain though.

Work on that niche knowledge and you’ll be a good addition.

T: +1

As any sort of admin you are, by extension, a mentor as well.

Again, I’m doing this solely for the de-adminned position. It goes away when de-adminned.

Make this man a mentor
+1

Fair.

+2

I love Israel

T: +4
God damn this 20 shit

ok but aren’t admins supposed to help like mentors anyways. is this really the encouraged mindset

There is such a thing as wanting to play the game and be able to answer gameplay questions, but not in the mood to be a moderator.

+1 already a T-min.
T: +5

accepted

dab

20gay20gay20gay20gay