Botany and you. (Brainstorming thread)

Assuming you are a traitor just buy bluespace compressor print a bunch of trash bags of holding and shrink your max caps or nades

Bluespace compressor has five (5) charges and, yes, while it can be recharged with bluespace crystals

Plant bags are literal cloth

Grenades are iron, cable coil, and beakers
Maxcaps are TTVs, plasma, and oxygen

Are you interested in compressing 100 grenades?

I mean its not my bluespace crystals so i dont mind

Where in hells are you gonna get 100 bluespace crystals

Be a catgirl and pray.
:sunglasses:

This isn’t the good version :smiley: You can just do ones with nitroglycerin.

You dont need 100 maxcacaps or nades.

Just my two cents on this thread and what was said so far. Take everything with a grain of salt, i don’t have insane amounts of hours as a botanist.

Regarding bees, i am pretty sure a blacklist for certain chems exists already. A mentor told me so atleast. (after i asked if it was possible to mass produce the chem from the gluttony syringe). So the easiest thing would probably be to add onto that.

Explosive kudzu is not a problem by itself. The problem is vine eating explosive kudzu which makes the kudzu constantly eat themselves, thus constantly triggering explosions which breaks walls and causes hullbreaches. Zesko even made a fix pr back before he left but it got closed. Reopening that would probably the best cause of action.

I agree with what aeder said about the plant bags. I also think that strange seeds aren’t that big of a problem. Bumping up the cost of strange seeds and adding a blacklist for stupidly OP chems should do the trick.
Overall i’d say that botany is makeshift chemistry in a way. A robust chemist can cause alot more harm and do that alot quicker than a botanist can ever do. What speaks for hydro is that they can get unobtainable (and thus maybe gamebreaking) chems via strange seeds later into the game.
People that complain about botanists being able to create potassium water plants 30 minutes into the shift have never played with a robust chemist.

how do you do nitro grenades? I get the feeling that you get the chem from strange seeds but how would you ignite it? I was having a similar problem yesterday with flashpowder.

I’m not sure I should tell you of all people :smiley:

But oh well, I’m all for helping players with what’s essentially free information anyway.

Same as a regular bomb with separated chems + liquid contents, but you put the following reagent traits in this order: (Fluorosulphuric must be last)

20% Corn Oil (from Corn)
50% Sulphuric Acid (From Nettles/Death Nettles)
50% Fluorosulphuric Acid (From Death Nettles)

But please don’t abuse this now, if you’re unsure if you’re allowed to make these, adminhelp and ask first.

1 Like

heh… yeah I get what you mean. now I see what you mean now about how to ignite it, it was never stabilized in the first place… also wouldn’t the reaction be limited by the fact that plants can only hold 100% of chems yeah?

Yes, it will cap the fluorosulphuric acid at 30%, hence why it needs to be last to balance out the formula correctly.

1 Like

thank you for the info.

1 Like

Talk to xenobio and get them on those crossbreeds.

And that there is the simple version. You can make more devastating things with some of the chems from strange seeds, but it’s completely RNG and you have to know what you’re looking for. There are super igniters in strange seeds.

Fun fact: the % in the plant reagent doesn’t actually describes it taking up a certain percentage of the plant’s chem capacity, it just describes how many unit of a reagent a plant holds. I think the amount of chems in a plant is the % of the reagent+1, and each plant has a different chem cap. You can fit all the components of a nitro grenade without densified chems in something like omega weed, but you need densified chems to fit it in, say an apple.
Also while I’m here, psa: densified chemicals do NOT increase how much of a certain chem is in the plant, it only increases the max chem cap of the plant, which means you can stuff more reagents into one plant.

Haha yeah I know, it’s a common misconception, that percent sign doesn’t mean percentage whatsoever… and that extra +1u is such a dumb quirk in the code that should have been fixed eons ago :smiley:

hmm sounds like an ez fix i think i’ll do that

only problem is idk how to do multiple pull requests

So plants have a weird functionality with chems, most plants can hold 100% worth of chems from traits. The percentages don’t precisely coincide with the percentage of total capacity but rather a static amount, however, there is a single plant that can hold 420% worth of chems from traits.

In all honesty botany is actually kinda shitcode in that regard.

That does indeed sound like a shitcode situation. Coder wanted to shove a 420 meme into the plant instead of having sensible code.

1 Like