Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY):
4/24/2020
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Spaced a clown that was a sec deputy and tried to arrest them for making drugs
Appeal Reason:
I understand where I went wrong, and I know I won’t make the same mistake again
Additional Information:
I was chillin’ in maint when the clown came in with sec gear and tried to flash me and then stun baton me without saying anything. luckily for me they missed and hit themself with it (RNG check I think), and after I cuffed the clown I took their sechud glasses and saw I wasn’t wanted. I assumed they were trying to kill me, and I knew if I took them to security they wouldn’t be given perma, and if they came back after me they wouldn’t fail at taking me out, so I spaced them to make sure they wouldn’t come back. I now know that I should have talked to them, or taken them to sec, to understand why they attacked me, instead of spacing them right away.

I appreciate that you admitted where you went wrong. I do think you need some time to ruminate on your actions, though. Spacing someone for being stunbatonned once on MRP is MASSIVE overescalation. There’s multiple nonlethal steps in between first contact and murder.

I understand, but I do feel like 3 days is a bit much, especially on a weekend. I agree that I should get some time, as it wouldn’t make sense to let me off scott free (I think I used that expression correctly?), because what I did is still against the rules. thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my appeal

Well, we’ll have to wait on some other opinions and Vex’s final decision.

I was on the round that Vexy bwoinked you, seemed like overescalation mate, wait out the ban man.

fair enough, I just feel that 3 days, especially on a weekend, is a bit much. then again, this is my first ban, so I have no experience with this sort of thing, so 3 days could be a short amount of time for all I know.

Just because that clown wanted (and failed) to stun you, not only you’ve killed him but also you have removed him permanently from the round by spacing him. That breaks our escalation rules quite a bit.
You have spent over 320 hours on this server so I assume you know the rules well and you’re not exactly a new player either.
However I am willing to shorten your ban to 1.5 days because you’ve admitted your mistake.

1 Like