Bo66y Banned by Admin oo7craigmc

CKEY: bo66y

Admin’s CKEY: oo7craigmc

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: All

Ban Type: Security Ban (Head of Security, Warden, Detective, Security Officer, Deputy)

Ban Length: 1 week.

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 2023-02-23 16:36:44

Round ID: 42862

Ban Reason: As a Warden promoted to HoS, took out a confiscated desword out of the armory to fight a Blob.

Appeal Reason: So while it is true I did have a double energy sword which I used to briefly attack the blob, it wasn’t quite as black and white as that. It was wrong of me to USE it but I had it for a reason.

Additional Information: So starting from the beginning it was confiscated from a traitor who had a double e-sword and was breaking into chemistry. He was arrested by myself, Kane and Marcus, he was found with a skechkin pistol, and a double e-sword, he had killed a botanist with the pistol the casings were found in botany so we knew it was him.

He was begging to be put in perma because he had to go, according to him, so I asked him if he had attempted to kill the botanist and not let him be revived, which would fall under prime murder, meaning he can be perma’d.

I didn’t want to just chuck him in perma because he asked. I didn’t know if that was breaking the rules. Once he goes into perma and is processed, I had to go afk for a second, and by the time I came back, he had killed a security officer, taken his equipment, killed both of my officers, and escaped the brig and was running rampant.

I knew he had a security ID, so I gave chase, a brief scuffle in the maints later he gets away. I knew he was going to go back for his double energy sword which was in evidence so I went back to get it so I could move it somewhere more secure, evidence locker in the Armory for example. However at the exact same time people are calling out blob and I’m being called all over the station, botany got killed again as that was the traitors target, crates needed unlocking in cargo, etc.

I go about my business both hunting the moth and trying to help with the blob, my sec officers are still MIA and I’m the only security member present.

When I make it to the blob to drop shit off I remembered I had the E-sword which I thought was okay on Red Alert which I heard Command trying to go to.

I hit the blob only a few times not much, and I was quickly bwoinked ( I believe it was Wilson if I remember??) and he asked me why I had it, I explained briefly why and he told me only delta was a reasonable time to use contraband, so I apologize and head to put it back.

As I’m standing in brig, I see the moth in evidence just like I said trying to get his equipment back ( while I’m typing he sees me and I think hits me so I didn’t give chase then I was focusing on the admin ticket)

Long story short I feel like after putting back the desword in brig and getting bwoinked already it would at least warrant a note but a week ban seems severe and also the description doesn’t really cover what exactly happened. I shouldn’t of used the desword but I didn’t use it much and quickly stopped once I was told which was my mistake.

TL;DR Was AFK, prisoner with sec ID killed all my officers while blob was going on, forgot to secure the desword and hit the blob 2-3 times, got told off, put it back, got a week ban. It was a mistake to be sure but with the way its worded it just sounds too cut and dry, and like I actively went to get it to fight the blob which wasn’t the plan. I fucked up but the ban makes me sound like a shitter.

(Edited because I feel like this sounds too much like a rant went I didnt mean for it to)

1 Like

Right, to clear up the confusing, yes it was me who bonked you but I had to leave ASAP due to IRL circumstances so I asked craig to apply the ban.

1 Like

Okay so

I scoured the wiki, I honestly couldn’t even find the ‘It’s fine to use contraband during dire situations’ part. This is the most relevant thing I’ve found

See, this would’ve been a note, had you not had a recent incident involving use of contraband as a head of staff.

I scoured the wiki, I honestly couldn’t even find the ‘It’s fine to use contraband during dire situations’ part. This is the most relevant thing I’ve found

I suppose from now on just keep the contraband away from anything to try and avoid this whole thing. The more I thought about it the more it seemed to make sense in my head. For example if we got nukies or a blob or something and its moved to red, botany might hand out death nettles which is considered contraband, so I suppose in my head Red Alert is a “dire circumstance” but if there is nothing in the rules I’m guessing its going to perform like a “depends on what your fighting” or even what admin is looking at you to see if they deem it fair.

See, this would’ve been a note, had you not had a recent incident involving use of contraband as a head of staff.

This old note I had to do with the bola and the clown was something I don’t remember to well, however I do think I remember it wasn’t me who initiated that in the first place, the clown was the one with the bola who threw it at me first, I threw it back in response to his table shoves but in fairness I don’t remember what exactly happened for that note. I suppose its not too relevant but like I said its the specificity of the note that bothers me as It paints me as the initiator.

More than anything while I feel this should of been a note rather than ban, if the appeal is denied, a changing of the note attached to me, I feel it doesn’t reflect what happened properly.

If notes are used to judge the severity of bans in the future depending on how relevant they are, I feel like the note attached to this ban isn’t indicative of my performance, and if it was used in the future It would paint me in a worse light than what is relevant.

Right then. I’ll be rewording the ban and note to be

As a Warden promoted to acting HoS, decided to move a desword from Evidence to Contraband but got caught up in events and kept it on himself. Later on used it to fight against a Blob.

Moreover I’ll be reducing the ban to time served.

1 Like

There we go

2 Likes