Bloons3 Admin report: Part 2

CKEY: BlueScope

Your Discord: Pyramid_Scheme (Still absent from Discord for a bit)

Offender’s CKEY: bloons3

LRP or MRP server: MRP

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 08-05-2020 through 08-07-2020

Incident Description:

Apologies, I shouldn’t have had my other administrative complaint closed so readily. The original admin report is listed here, with the ban appeal I made listed here. The long and short of the situation is that I was given a 3 day OOC ban for posting a link three or four times over two separate rounds. These messages were not sent consecutively. It seems to me that I was given an unnecessarily long ban, because I brought up an issue that the staff would rather let lay. The fact that this ban was not righteous is further justified by Ruko in the ban appeal. I would like an explanation here as to why the ban was as long as it was. It took bloons3 an entire day to claim the ban appeal. It took him a further day to respond. When he did respond, he was vague as to the reduction in sentence, which I took to mean “time served”. If that was the intention, then the ban was no lifted at that time. I had to relentlessly ahelp to get it lifted. I fully believe the ban would have remained for the designated three day period, otherwise. Please explain this.

my last response in the thread:

I have not been in game to remove the ban until tonight.

I should have stated, like in my other ban appeals where I am unable to get in game to remove them, that any admin is free to remove the ban if I haven’t yet.

If it was a simple lack of communication, okay. If you’re an administrator, should you not be expected to communicate the results of ban appeals to the other staff? I don’t have anything against you, bloons. I have zero malice. I realize that any administrative report is seen as a slight against that administrator, and is taken very seriously. If I see a player breaking a rule, I make an ahelp. If I see an administrator not acting appropriately - to however small a degree that may be - the only option I have is the nuclear one of making an admin report. Yes. You probably should’ve made your ruling more clear to me. Yes. You probably should’ve communicated the result of that decision to the rest of the staff. No, it’s not a big deal in my eyes.
I only want administrative staff to act appropriately, and consistently. My experience of playing the game, and interacting with other players, was impacted by your ban, to a degree that it should not have been, hence my complaint.
Three days was excessive. One day, probably, would’ve been excessive. Any ban at all, probably would’ve been excessive. I would like that recognized. I partially have made this thread to explore the reason why your gut reaction was a three day ban. As my OP states - I posit it’s because I touched on an issue the staff find objectionable. Is that not the case?

Considering my direct involvement in this situation, I’m not going to handle this one, but I will bump it for attention and try to address some points.

No, we do not ping each other at the resolution of every ban appeal, nor do we openly share them. Admins browse the forums as they wish and respond as they wish, we only ping when a response is necessary and a thread has sit for a long time (not unlike this report is getting right now)

I do still disagree with this personally, but as part of the discussion in favor of applying it in the first place, of course I do. This fact is also why I’m recusing myself from the report. I do agree three days was excessive, just as I did in the ban appeal which was approved and saw the length shortened.

So, this report is for being slow at removing your ban, which was deemed excessive, yes?

Eh - You can close it, yep. Time served, ban reduced, complaint withdrawn, all good.

This topic was automatically closed after 33 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.