Bloons3 - Admin Report by VictorPride

CKEY: VictorPride

Your Discord: VictorPride

Offender’s CKEY: bloons3

LRP or MRP server: MRP

Offender’s In-Game Name (if relevant):

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 02/03/2021

Round Number: 26729

Part of Admin/Mentor Conduct Broken (if relevant): Do not handle issues involving yourself, and Ensure tickets and situations are handled equally across all players.

Incident Description:

Roundstart sec officer, I crack a joke that Peach Blossom isn’t HOS material then they baton and cuff me, which is fair play. The warden gives them the go ahead to bully me and she buckled me to Walter’s dog bed and then I’m smited in the next few seconds. Peach uncuffs me and she gets smited, then I get smited again into crit, at which point I ahelp about what warranted this response:

PM to-Admins: bruh I got critted for what reason?
Admin PM from-Bloons3: ERP is bad, also sec officers with insulated gloves roundstart are mega cringe

Around this time I’m getting dragged to medbay but am ahealed along the way.

PM to-Admins: what are you on about ERP? and aden just threw me some gloves so I dont understand why im getting smited for it
Admin PM from-Bloons3: Still cringe and unbased as the children say
PM to-Admins: who was it that smited me?
Admin PM from-Bloons3: It was me, and I welcome the admin report
PM to-Admins: why are you taking your own ticket then?
Admin PM from-Bloons3: Because I smited you, and you wanted to know why you were smited.

During this period I’m too busy handling a riot in-game to reply.

Admin PM from-Bloons3: If you’re fine with being smited in round for doing silly and suggestive things, I’ll close this. The current round is 26729
Admin PM from-Administrator: Sorry for the delay, we’re trying to find someone who can answer your question without also being the admin involved.
PM to-Admins: its fine I think its best to have the discussion on the forum as I feel the smite was unwarranted
Admin PM from-Administrator: Understood. Closing out the ticket.

Additional Information:

I’m not sure if these responses have anything to do with our same-day disagreements on his brig physician PR or my unknown admin report the previous day but I thought they’re also worth noting as they may be part of the reason why this unwarranted smiting occurred.

worth adding we got sent do not erp poster.
So it might point that they didn’t even care to see whole situation and yet still decided to act on it.

whole situation was just unfun and infuriating. probably fun only for the admins online.

because no, its not fun to be mocked. believe me or not.
Especially for something that was a joke without any sexual inuendos.

Except if we punish and ban for jokes now too.

I don’t think the issue you should be going for here is this as he himself said it was just because he “smited you, and you wanted to know why you were smited.” That part of the Admin conduct is intended to just stop staff from closing tickets where they are directly reported (self-antag, for example) rather than a ticket like this. There’s really no problem with what he did there. The report would probably have more validity if you focused more on the misuse of Admin powers.

is the question like this also not a report ?
Because in my understanding it is, if you get smited for seemingly little reason ofcourse you also want to report it.

If this is the actual text of the ticket he sent I don’t see anything indicative of an intent to report.

Yes, and he answered the ticket with what he did and why he did it. There’s no breach of conduct in the ticket itself, like him closing it with no answer or ignoring the problem. The question got it’s answer which led to this report. I’d be focusing more on the smite itself, but then again I’m just a Trial Admin.

2 Likes

Yeah because you dont just open adminhelp to admins who smited you
“admin smited me for no reason please help”

I don’t see how it could be started differently if not with question why was it done.

Yeah but then again you can’t really report an Admin that’s outside the round through tickets can you? That’s why this forum is here. It couldn’t be started any differently, and it couldn’t reach a different conclusion either. At least not unless bloons banned him for the ticket or something, which would be different.

My understanding is that it’s a blanket rule, as the written admin policy doesn’t include any exceptions (which I presume is because bias could leak in at any point).

It’s obviously the more minor of the offenses, but I thought it still worth noting. I’m not trying to focus on that part.

I think Xlyana is right, while the admin smiting and stuff is questionable, they didn’t really break the

Do not handle issues involving yourself, and Ensure tickets and situations are handled equally across all players.

But uh, I can somewhat see this report being valid because of the lower part of this point in admin conduct

Where Bloons adminbused because uh, yes?

They don’t.
Report is unrelated and prs have nothing to do with admining.

If you’re implying that I would smite you then heal you because of a disagreement on the repo, you’re overstating the conflict.

It’s up to the players to vote on, and maintainers to decide.

1 Like

If we’re splitting hairs here the issue wasn’t “handled” in the sense of being dealt with by bloons.

They provided information to assist the original question and the ticket was passed onto an another admin to find a resolution.

I believe the above is as acceptable as responding to provide other contextual information, in the same vein as responding to inform that it is being passed for a resolution by another admin.

When it became clear it was becoming a report rather than just the original question asking for information, it appears the ticket was passed to an uninvolved admin.

But really, headmin smiting a player for a supposed ‘ERP’ with a senior admin, then being proud of it because ‘insuus on redshit roundstart are cringe!’ and the attitude here

Puny player, do an admin report, I don’t care because I can’t be touched.

8 Likes

Given the nature of the report, I’m going to preemptively temporarily lock this to prevent report dilution until I can fully review the incident and provide a proper evaluation.

8 Likes

These are all the relevant logs I could find for this. The ahelps afterwards are largely inconsequential since the claim being made is about handling their own ticket which stopped happening when the claim was made in the game… although I’m not sure how the other handful of admins online at the time were also involved and unable to take the ticket?

I do think this was entirely unwarranted, but not a case of handling a ticket about themselves… however in my effort to pull the part of admin conduct this is in violation of… I find no clause about the misuse of admin powers during a round :thinking:

Admin interventions and powers should be used with the intention of enhancing the round as a whole for players involved or potentially affected unless rules are being broken or the player is praying or otherwise incurring the wrath of a divine being. Sometimes there are negative consequences for players involved when an admin intervention occurs even if the intent was to enhance the round as a whole, such as when creating antagonists in response to a need for them because the round has come to a halt and players are getting bored.

My questions are:

• Did the players involve pray or otherwise do something to incur the wrath of a divine being IC?
  • Did the players involved break the rules in some way?
  • Was this an acceptable casualty of an attempt to enhance the round as a whole?
  • Was this an attempt to enhance the round for players at all?
7 Likes

Now that I have been able to dedicate my time to this, we will address the initial report as written… As others have said, Bloons responding to the ticket is not really a problem. It might be a violation of the rule-as-written, but we operate based on rules-as-intended. Him providing context for a question asked does not violate this.

Now, for the actual issue at play… Reviewing all the logs, talking with individual parties, and reading over whatever information I could find, it is obvious that we are absolutely in the wrong here. While I can sort of see justification for the insuls smile (It is not something I would personally dish out, but at the very least I can vaguely understand the rationalization), the other actions taken really are unjustifiable and unprofessional from my perspective.

After having a lengthy conversation with Bloons, I do not honestly think that the smites were done in malice. It honestly comes off as an admin who walked into a situation without having the full context and reacting based on who was involved and what they were seeing. Per that same discussion, it was stated that if Bloons had the full context he would not have acted in the way he did. That does not really change what happened, but it does reinforce my belief that this was not done with the intent to cause harm but more-so done based on a false perception. Per Bloons, he used the smites as a light slap on the wrist for what he thought was questionable behavior given the limited context he had at the time.

The final thing to address would be his goading of Victor to make a report, based on our talk, he believed that the report was inevitable and responded in turn. I do not personally agree with this, nor do I like how he opted to respond. I do not think there is much more to say on that. It is not something I would like to see in the future, and I have made that reasonably clear, I think.

To address the problems presented in this report, we will be looking to add proper smite etiquette to our administrator guidelines, which should hopefully prevent similar rash actions. As for Bloons specifically, given that they acted rashly on partial context and I do not honestly believe that they were acting with cruel intent, I will not be stripping them of their title or anything so extreme. They have been reprimanded and will be monitored for future behavior.

We appreciate the report, and I apologize for how that interaction went down as well as for my delay in processing. I had originally intended to unlock the report, but I believe that this covers everything and will instead opt to mark this as processed. If there was something I failed to address, or if there is a reason to re-open this please feel free to DM me.

1 Like

Thank you Crossed for the thoughtful investigation and detailed response, I’m glad to hear there will be better guidelines moving forward.

I have to disagree with a particular part of this conclusion however - Bloons’ claim that he had limited context. The smites occurred almost immediately after being buckled, so he must have at the very least have seen me being cuffed, whilst Warden gives the okay as I’m pulled into the Wardens office to be buckled, given this took place in the space of only a few seconds. I can’t imagine how they’d think “ERP” was taking place in the middle of the Warden’s office, with a senior admin, roundstart, whilst all of Security is watching. It simply looks like a massive overreaction.

I’d also like to hear from Bloons their perspective, because I haven’t received any apology, nor have I seen an explanation of their thought process as the situation occurred. I simply don’t understand how they’d decided smiting was appropriate here. They could have explained this or apologised at any point before Crossed’s conclusion, but chose not to in case they were absolved from guilt.

Additionally I don’t see any promise of better behaviour in the future nor steps they’ll take to improve it. This is especially concerning given their goading me to report them like they’re untouchable.

This is on top of the other reprimand they received just 10 days ago, which also didn’t come with an apology nor promise to do better. I don’t know how many notes they have on top of these two, but it’s worrying that a head admin is accumulating them so regularly when they’re supposed to be a role model for the server.

From everything I have gathered, he missed the initial argument. Which is a pretty big deterministic factor in this.

I think you misunderstood. If he thought it was actual ERP, then the response would have been very different. The perception was that this was lightly toeing the line/moving towards that area. As I noted, the smite was used as a deterant not a proper punishment. Incidentally, this has resulted in my push to create proper guidelines for smites, which will allow us to better respond to potential misuse of that tool.

As for wanting Bloons to respond directly, there’s really no obligation for him to do so nor is there much of a need. My role here is taking in all the facts and sides of the story then passing judgment in turn. If he opts to do more, that’ll be up to him. Part of my delay was due to his schedule, his availability recently is a bit limited due to IRL stuff and I pushed to be able to resolve this. I could have delayed this by another week and that could have given him room to respond, but I don’t really see the point in delaying it that long when I’ve already come to my conclusion.

As per my response, this has already been addressed via my internal reprimanded and me publicly disagreeing with their actions here. There honestly doesn’t need to be more. He clearly wasn’t untouchable since you followed through with the report and won your case fairly easily.

Their prior reports were a factor in my decision making process. If I honestly thought this was anything more than a simple overreaction based on partial context to a playful IC argument, I’d have done more. Respectfully, as neither you nor Naevi were removed from the round for very long/entirely, nor were either of you actioned in any meaningful way (e.g. Wrongfully banned/noted), this was ultimately a fairly minor breach. Expecting drastic actions is a bit unreasonable here. Arguably the most egregious part was that Bloons was unprofessional and belligerent at worst, cocky at best, in one of his responses to you. That clearly didn’t work in his favor though, and I doubt he’ll do it again.

My prior response and actions stand.

2 Likes