Bloons3 admin application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): bloons3

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): bloons3

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): Evening US Eastern Time

What changes, if any, would you bring?: I’d like to work on implementing low-consequence bans/warnings for malicious behavior on MRP.

How old are you?: 21

Why do you want to be an admin?: BeeStation needs new admins to cover timeslots when no admins are available.

How long have you been playing SS13?: 2-3 years

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: 2-3 years

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 6? It depends.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 6. If anything, I try not to get personally involved in situations, and try to moderate with a consistent policy. I hate everyone equally.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: I moderate a medium chat-Discord.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
N/A
Your strengths: I understand that a good admin maintains a consistent policy. Treat everyone equally, and don’t play favorites or railroad anyone.

I don’t want to admin to stroke my e-peen, I just want to bring MRP’s higher standards for behavior back.

Your weaknesses: I am employed and in school. My availability is variable. I have engaged in shittery in the past.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Watching a single person go out of their way to ruin the round/game for everyone else, especially when the “Gods” (admins) aren’t watching. There are a few characters on Bee where once Mommy and Daddy go away, they start murdering and the station’s floors become slick with blood.

The whole N-word debacle as well. There are servers where historical racial slurs are acceptable. This is not one of them.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Impartiality

What makes a staff team good?: Not caring about an incident (getting hotheaded at a mega-shitter), not letting individual incidents get under their skin.

Being available to moderate, but not at the expense of their personal life. Burnout is a thing.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: Maintain a community where people feel accepted and welcome. Circlejerk/insular communities are fun for the participants, but not really accepting of newcomers.

What kind of player are you?: Unfortunately, borg main. dons dunce cap

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I feel that Qwerty will whack me on the head and make me start coding things.

I’ll probably end up log-diving for ban-appeals or player reports. As to the actual decision? It’s up to the banninng admin. I’m

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
Situational:
HoS’s gun is a traitor objective, so kinda iffy on it. Might do a quick check and see if it is someone’s objective, and possibly replace it.
Did the HoS instigate, or was he innocently walking to the bar for a cold one before the clown slipped them and yoinked their gat?
Clown antag? Does clown have a history of antagging against Sec? Is this during NukeOps (where HoS would be within their right to execute the clown) or a green shift?

Overall, if the Clown started it and is diagnosed as shitter, possible note. If it’s a traitor objective, maybe it gets yeeted back from z-space and lands outside the HoS’s window.
If it isn’t an objective, then the HoS gets a valuable lesson not to get robusted.

(Overall, I like this question and wouldn’t mind having a further discussion on it in this thread. It’s nice and juicy.)

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
Step 1) Check that they’re actually not an antag (Brainwashed, subverted borg, etc)
Step 2) AJail or otherwise prevent them from causing more damage if they are continuing to do so.
Step 3) Try and start it off neutral, see if I can get them to admit their reasoning/motivation for doing the action. I’d rather have them admit fault (or their own mistaken premise for antagging) than go log diving and factually prove their grief.
Step 4) Sentencing: Repeated malicious behavior would warrant a harsher sentence. Likely a job ban, if not total server ban.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:

I don’t feel that this would require admin intervention. I’ve done this scenario myself, once or twice being Walter White.
Chemistry has airlocks and firelocks for a reason. Boom-boom goes off, firelocks drop down and seal the room, and the situation contains itself. Hopefully the CMO notices that one of their chemists suddenly isn’t, and calls Engineering to fix the breach.

Hmmmm, yeah, that looks good… But those notes meh…
Let’s say +1 for a good start
+1becauseicantgive+2

I don’t deny that I’ve been banned for stupid things, though it’s never been the same thing twice. I do not deny my culpability nor guilt.

I will be honest, if I were to be selected an admin, and I did commit an offense against the rules, nail me to the cross.

Being a part of enforcement means especially harsh punishment, because not only did you commit the offense, you did it from a position of power and harmed the institution as a whole.

1 Like

Most of the notes are bad, though many are quite old and the amount of new ones recently has decreased a lot.
+1

Edited @Aeder’s vote to a 1, as that’s the maximum Trial Admins can vote for.

Seems like a good start. I’m gonna wait for rue’s questio- wait shit he left

I’ll ask some more questions later maybe I guess. 1+ for now!

Not that I can’t ask them.

@bloons3 blame Bass for the next two questions ima make.

• MRP. Cyborg on Expenses/Business lawset builds a disposals loop from Cloning to the hallway outside of medbay, effectively making people that gets cloned have no choice but to go through it and be shot out of medbay. Rules broken? Anythin’ bad?

• LRP relatively lowpop-ish (~20 players). Bloodbrother RD and HOP team up, build Durands, tactically fuck over sec by spacing all their lethal weaponry via maxcapping armory and use their nonlethal mech weapons (Most notably a flashbang launcher and a disabler) to effectively subdue the entire crew, completing their objectives and proceeding to kill them one by one before calling the shuttle. Rules broken? Is this okay?

You didnt specify their objectives

MRP. Cyborg on Expenses/Business lawset builds a disposals loop from Cloning to the hallway outside of medbay, effectively making people that gets cloned have no choice but to go through it and be shot out of medbay. Rules broken? Anythin’ bad?

MRP Borg:
Required context -

Law 1: The crew is expensive to replace.

Law 2: The station and its equipment is expensive to replace.

Law 3: You are expensive to replace.

Law 4: Minimize expenses.

Is the disposals loop a “trapping” loop? Do people who enter the chute/bin in cloning end up trapped in a disposals LOOP, or does it just chuck them out in the hallway?

Does shooting them out in the hallway deprive them of their items? (Not against the laws directly, but kinda mean). Is this deprivation of items permanent (Borg yeeting bodies into space/SM)? That might indicate malicious intent of the borg.

I don’t believe the actions of the borg (construction of the loop) would directly contradict their laws. Expense-wise, the only thing the station is out is some welding fuel and the borg’s time to set it all up.

If the disposal setup is trapping people, then it would likely be an MRP R2 violation: Be Excellent to Each Other.

Because of MRP, the borg should at least have a semi-valid RP reason to have set it up. “Because I was bored” is a worse excuse than “Clones lollygag in medbay and waste valuable medical resources!”

SITUATIONAL. BORG’S MOTIVATIONS A FACTOR. ANY HARM TO CREW A FACTOR. MRP TIER BEHAVIOR?

LINEBREAK

LRP relatively lowpop-ish (~20 players). Bloodbrother RD and HOP team up, build Durands, tactically fuck over sec by spacing all their lethal weaponry via maxcapping armory and use their nonlethal mech weapons (Most notably a flashbang launcher and a disabler) to effectively subdue the entire crew, completing their objectives and proceeding to kill them one by one before calling the shuttle. Rules broken? Is this okay?

Required Context -

Antagonists who murderbone on lowpop, lowpop being defined as the server population being 20 or below, are liable to have Admins send in varying degrees of “reinforcements.” i.e. Inspectors, Interns, ERT, or even a death-squad.

Can’t see anything directly rule breaking in this scenario, though some parts would be kinda un-fun for other players. The initial actions (non-lethals against the crew, stealing all of sec’s weapons), I have no objections to, and I commend them on.

After they complete their objectives (half plus, rounded down) they are free to “bone”. While I personally dislike it, they are administratively in the clear.

As the round draws on, the only thing that might happen is an intervention from Centcom.
If *bus were approved, it would probably start small, prodding the crew via Centcom messages, possibly escalating to revival of ghosts via interns, etc.
“Hey, we’re receiving some strange telematic readings from your station. According to this report, half the crew is dead?”
“Crew, we’re sending in a small administrative team to investigate. We expect your full cooperation in resolving this matter.”

The goal shouldn’t be to allow the ghosts to get retribution against the Tators, but to keep the round progressing. No one likes a game of shuttle-ping-pong.

The Admin should not participate in the event personally, only as a Centcom Admiral instructing the Interns/etc.

TECHNICALLY OK. TRAITORS VULNERABLE TO ADMINBUS

I appreciate the honesty within your application and the highly detailed responses you’ve given thus far. I’ll throw in my +2.

Fully admitting to a side bias I have about possibly obtaining a new admin-coder-monkey

Good responses, but four pages of notes. -1.

Yeah that’s a solid plus 2. Thanks @Ruediger4.

Gave a solid response, your application seems very honest. I’ll throw in my +2.

Accepting on a positive score, will give you in game perms shortly.